Why me...? [Selina POV]

Falling for my Fake Girlfriend
Chapter written by Gril4Life - Selina's P.O.V
___________________________________________________________

The dinner with Show’s parents went smooth. They were nice, nicer than I imagined. I felt sorry for them, though. They had such an annoying son, who liked bullying girls.
In school I saw everyone was gathered around the message board, and saw something about a singing competition. I looked at the names of the persons who already signed up for it. ‘Cyndi Wang, Genie Cho, Jolin Tsai, and Rainie Yang’… Wait… Jolin? I had to sign up for this thing. I walked through the crowd and wrote my name. I didn’t even notice that a lot of the guys also signed up. People looked at me like I came from Mars, which was probably because they never heard me sing. Singing was the only thing I knew I could do. Singing, acting and dancing actually. I just smiled innocently at them.
After the first class Jolin went to find me.
“Selina Ren, I see you signed up for our school’s little singing competition?” she said in a cold tone.
“Yeah, what about it?” I asked her. She probably thought that she would be better than me.
“I thought we could make it more interesting with a bet…” She smiled.
“If I win Show is mine,” she added.
“What if I win?” I asked her. It wasn’t fair if it was just about Show. I didn’t even like him, and I already had him.
“If you win I’ll move back to Paris,” she answered. Did Show really mean that much to her?
“Deal,” I said after thinking.
“You have quite some guts, Selina Ren. Oh, and one other thing; you can’t tell Show,” she said.
“What if he won’t return to your side even if you win?” I asked her. She thought about it.
“Then you’ll have to complete an embarrassing request from me,” she said. I thought for a second.
“Deal,” I answered. I sighed. Now I had to win.
During lunch I couldn’t concentrate. I was planning what song I was going to sing, and how the dance was going to look… And the outfit. The outfit was almost the most important part of the performance.
“So, Selina… I saw you signed up for the singing competition? What are you planning to do?” Calvin asked me. I just looked at him with empty eyes. Why did I even care that much about having Show? I was able to pay the hospital bills before, and…
“Selina, did you hear me?” Calvin asked again.
“I did… I don’t know yet, actually, but…” Show cut me off, that was so like me.
“You didn’t plan it, and yet you signed up?” he asked me, like it was the biggest crime ever.
“So what? It’s just a talent show anyway…” I said without any feeling in my voice. Since when did he start caring about school talent shows? That idiot…
“Selina, do you know how much a bad performance will affect my… Your popularity!” Show said. That was so like him. Only cared about his popularity. If he just knew.
“Well, why do you think I signed up? Don’t you trust me, Show Luo!? I bet you don’t even know whether I can sing or not…” I said.
“Oh then, miss singer, sing for me so I can hear… No, erase that, so the whole school can hear!” he said. Fine with me.
“Okay!” I almost yelled, and started singing.
“I took a chance… I took a shot… And you might think I’m bulletproof, but I’m not… You took a swing… I took it hard… And down here from the ground I see who you are… I’m sick and tired of your attitude, I’m feeling like I don’t know you, you tell me that you love me, then cut me down, I’m sick and tired of your reasons…” I didn’t make it any longer before I felt his lips on mine, right there, in front of the whole school. How awkward was that? I hurried and closed my eyes, then opened them again when I realized that everybody was looking, but I weren’t kissing him back, no way… Before I saw Jolin’s face. After a while I closed my eyes again and pretended to enjoy it, it actually felt quite well. After a few minutes both of us realized that the kiss was still on, and stopped. Hebe looked at us in shock, Ella laughed a bit nervous, Chun looked at his food, Aaron shook his head and Calvin smirked. Jolin looked disgusted, which caused me to smirk. Oh my. Was I becoming like those guys?
“Selina, what are you doing?” Hebe asked me. I didn’t know what to say, I was still surprised by the fact that Show kissed me. That superficial pighead. I stopped smirking when I saw his annoying smirk, and came back to reality. That guy just kissed me, and I replied the kiss! Why me!?
“Show, can we please talk outside this room?” I asked him. He nodded his head in a shy way… This guy, shy? That was something new.
When we got outside of the canteen I started talking.
“WHY IN THE WORLD did YOU kiss ME!?” I asked. I suddenly remembered that I didn’t hit him this time, which might have been why he hid his head behind his arms.
“Because you sang THAT song about me,” he argued back.
“I so didn’t… You assumed I did!” I answered. Jolin walked outside the door.
“Am I disturbing?” she asked me with a weird smirk.
“Not in any way…” Show and I said at the same time. I quickly thought of something.
“Anyway, Show, I don’t have I thing for Jiro, don’t worry, sweetheart,” I said.
“Fine, I trust you,” Show answered. How I hated to act like his girlfriend.
“I’ve heard her tell Hebe and Ella about how smart he is, though…” I heard Jolin say.
“Well, then it’s good that I don’t like smart guys,” I answered.
“Really? Then how do you explain that…” Show cut her off.
“Jolin, how can you be so jealous of Selina? It’s not her fault that you leaved me,” Show answered.
“But… You’re not even a real couple!” Jolin said in a frustrated tone. Both I and Show were in shock. How did she know? We never told anyone…
“I mean, look at you! She’s obviously a fake! How can you be with her when you love ME!?” Jolin continued. I was so revealed that I forgot to be mad, but Show didn’t.
“Jolin, I DON’T LOVE YOU! Haven’t you understood it yet? I LOVE SELINA! Selina is the one I love. That won’t change!” Show yelled. How could he act this well?
“I don’t believe, Show Luo,” Jolin answered. How could she not believe him? Come on, if I didn’t knew that everything was fake even I wouldn’t be able to see through it.
“I don’t believe you can forget all the beautiful memories we shared,” she added, and walked away. This was the weirdest thing I ever tried. Show looked at me in a weird way.

After school I went shopping with Hebe and Ella. It was a long time since we did so last time, so all of us were in extremely good mood, which made the people from the stores pretty happy, until…
“Selina, since when did you got so many money?” Hebe suddenly asked. I suddenly found my worn out shoes very interesting.
“I… saved up?” it sounded more like a question than an answer. Ella and Hebe looked at each other.
“Selina, why didn’t you just tell us that you only date Show because of money?” Hebe asked.
“Hebe! Selina would never do something like that; she’s not one of those s who are clinging to Show!” Ella defended me. I felt more and more uncomfortable.
“Come on Ella, she called him a superficial pighead!” Hebe said. How was I supposed to tell them?
“Hebe, Selina isn’t a … Selina why aren’t you saying anything?” Ella asked me. I looked at the person who worked in the store.
“Do you have a costumer restroom? I’m not feeling well…” I said. Both Ella and Selina looked worried.
“Sel, what’s wrong?” Hebe asked. She sounded like she felt guilty.
“Yeah, over there” the girl said. I ran to the bathroom and… Showed everyone what I ate for lunch.

Afterwards I convinced the girl that I was okay, and we kept on shopping. I even found the perfect outfit for my performance, though I didn’t know what I was going to do. It was this pink, super cute short skirt, these black high heeled boots and this black long sleeved shirt, even though the girls thought I was even weirder, and came with comments like ‘since when did you get this feminine?’.
When I got home I saw Kirsten talking to someone. A boy, who turned around, and I got really happy when I saw his face.
“JOE! Joe, long time no see! How have you been lately!?” I was really happy. Joe was Ella’s cousin, and used to be my very best friend.
“Selina, since when did you grow this pretty!?” Joe asked me. I laughed shyly.
“Since when did you learn how to sweet talk… Why didn’t Ella tell me that you were back?” I asked him.
“She kind of doesn’t know…” Joe replied. Who was this guy? Ella always knew anything about Joe.
“Why not?” I asked him.
“Ella told me not to come and disturb you, she was afraid that your boyfriend would get unhappy,” He laughed.
“That reminds me… How’s Ariel?” I asked him.
“Stupid…” He answered.
“Why is she stupid?” I asked him.
“Do I need a reason to call her stupid? She just… dumped me,” he answered. That was so like Joe.
“But, Selina, who’s this Show guy?” Joe asked. I didn’t even notice that I smiled.
“Show’s my… My boyfriend…” I said. Joe smirked.
“I can’t believe that you date a guy with such an ugly name,” he laughed.
“It’s not ugly, it’s just… Different,” I answered him, trying not to show my annoyance.
“But, Joe, I have to prepare something,” I said and rushed to my room, to look through the songs Ella, Hebe and I sang through time. I smiled when I found the perfect song; HBO. This was going to get funny. I started to sing.
“It’s just another ordinary Monday blue, seems all the stars are falling apart for me and you… And I feel happy, happy, I’m so happy, when I fall in love, because I’m happy, happy, I’m so happy, when I fall in love…” I smiled. This song would make the whole school think that I sang it to Show. Not that I really cared, just that it would have extra effect on the audience. I wondered what Jolin would do.

***
Are we losing readers?
Please comment you guys... It would mean the world to us, really...
Anyway, here you guys have the first kiss...
Next chap will be by Blitz, and from Show's P.O.V
Thanks for reading.
-Gril4Life