Talent "Show" [Show POV]

Falling for my Fake Girlfriend
Chapter written by Gril4Life & Blitz (yes, that’s right - again) - Show's P.O.V
___________________________________________________________

Next day at lunch, everybody was quiet. The competition was going to start right after the lunch break. Jolin had a smirk on her face.
I think I was the only person in the school who wasn’t nervous, except for Calvin, who was too busy texting with his latest catch (apparently there were some problems, which Calvin wouldn’t tell us about – suspicious…) and Aaron, who wasn’t competing, and was only going to watch the show because of us – plus that he had much more important things to think about. Like the hen and the egg-theory.

After lunch, all the competitors walked backstage to get styled and ready for going on stage. The other students gathered in the hall where the scene was. The parents started to arrive – my mom hadn’t talked about anything else for around two weeks – and Selina had also told that her little sister would come to cheer for her (anything to get away from the homework).
Jolin was stretching out, and I still wondered how her body could be so elastic. I couldn’t see Selina, but went to find her when my phone rang.
It was a number that I hadn’t seen in a long time. I pushed the green bottom.
“Hello?” I asked.
“Hey Show! When are you going on stage?” I heard my childhood friend say.
“What?” I asked confused.
“I’m back in Taiwan, when are you going on stage?” he asked excited.
“Wait… You’re back in Taiwan? You’re HERE?!” I asked, and couldn’t help but scream like a teenage girl who had just seen her idol. Everybody in the room stared at me in a weird way.
“Yes, I’m back. When. Are. You. Going. On. Stage?” he asked.
“I’m number 10,” I said. I was so excited. He was really back!
“I heard some weird rumors about you. First; When did you and Jolin break up? Second; When did you get a new girlfriend? And third; WHY didn’t you tell me?”
“I’ll explain to you later, I promise!” I said, but I had to hang up, because I heard someone screaming from a dressing room.
I ran to the room came from. It was a girl’s dressing room, and the voices inside was Selina, Hebe and Ella. So I did what every sane guy would do; looked through the keyhole. Unfortunately, a mirror was standing in the way.
“But how can I wear that? It’s completely ruined! And only a like Jolin would wear that on stage,” I heard Selina say.
“Who would do something like this anyway?” Ella asked.
“I don’t know… Wait. Didn’t Jolin once talk about scissors and fabric that fray?” Selina asked. I could hear the anger in her voice.
“Oh yes, I remember that! But she wouldn’t go that far to get Show, would she?” Hebe said.
What did all this have to do with me? Jolin wouldn’t still want me back, would she?
“Of course she would! Please, she sent a fake love letter to Jiro in my name, and did you see the shirt she wore yesterday?”
*Flashback*
I walked down the stairs when I saw Jolin wearing a shirt that showed her shoulder with the text; “I Love Show”, a very short and tight skirt and some killer high heels. I looked at her legs.
*End of flashback*
“You don’t have time for this, just wear it!” Ella said.
“But… I’m wearing a blue bra, it’s totally not matching!” Selina complained.
Blue bra? I wondered what size…
“People will just think it’s a new trend,” Hebe said.
Selina sighed, and I had to hurry and get away when they walked towards the door.
I stood beside Calvin, who was also ready to go on stage, when Selina walked past to stand beside Ella and Hebe.
I looked at her legs. She was wearing a very short skirt (just my style). Then my gaze travelled up, and I saw what had happened to her shirt. Even more my style. It showed her shoulders, and was cut on the middle so it also revealed her stomach. Wow.
I saw that Calvin looked at her too, and punched him in the side.
“Dude, she’s my girlfriend,” I said in a proud tone.
“Whatever, I’ll just pay her more.”
“But she’s virg… you won’t understand that word,” I said.
Selina looked pretty uncomfortable. All the guys in the rooms were drooling. I wanted to slap them. In the face. Or actually, now when I thought about it, I rather wanted to kick them in a certain place.
Before I managed to do anything, Jolin walked out of her dressing room, in an even more revealing outfit. That was a bit over the top for me (but her legs still looked nice). Just Calvin’s type.
I leaned towards him and said:
“You can have her instead” Calvin looked at me in a weird way.
“She’s even too over the top for me and besides… We already did it…” Calvin said, like it didn’t matter.
“When?” I asked him. How come I didn’t know about that?
“The night before she travelled to Paris,” he said.
“But we were still together there!” I said. Was something wrong with his memory?
He just shrugged his shoulders.
“You’re not mad at me, right?” he asked. I didn’t blame Calvin, it was in his nature. But Jolin…?
“And you promise not to scold Jolin, right?”
“Of course I do,” I said. That little . How could she do this to me?! Well, now I had no regrets about breaking up with her. She didn’t deserve me, if this was how she treated me.
Way to go, Jolin. You just ruined everything we had in the past (and Calvin – I thought you were better to choose).
“But anyway, it was just an one-night stand, it didn’t mean anything – but, I must say, you are good at choosing girlfriend. Just look at this new beauty you’ve discovered,” he said, and attended to walk towards her, but I grabbed him and dragged him back.
“I-iiii don’t think so,” I said, and he looked disappointed.
“But her legs…” he started, but I cut him of.
“If you’re this , her little sister is sitting in the stands,” I said. His face lightened up.
“But stay away from my girl,” I added. I hope she was too sane to do something with Calvin like that… betrayer, Jolin.
Now the host began the show. The first to go on stage was a girl called Rainie. I looked at her legs, but she had leggings on. Which annoyed me (and Calvin). But when we looked at the performance from the back of the scene, there was a guy in the crowd who cheered for her like a 6th grade girl who was at a concert with her favorite idols. I think his name was Mike.
The next two were someone we didn’t know, but the fourth was Jolin. She performed a song with a dance that everybody had seen before, Bravo Lover (I even knew how to dance it – haha!).
When it was my turn, right after Calvin (all the girls of course melted – but then they were warmed up for my performance). I sang and danced Qiang Si Qiang Si, as I had never ever done anything else. And when I got backstage, even Selina looked impressed (that was rare).
Selina was number thirteen, and I watched her performance from backstage. I got annoyed from all the guys staring at her legs and stomach – not that I didn’t, but I was allowed.
I noticed that even one of the teachers was looking (like Selina would have said – “Eww”).
When she walked backstage, I got a weird feeling by looking at her. Something I hadn’t felt before.
Nervousness. Or maybe I was hungry.
Chun had got sick from bad food, so he couldn’t (luckily) perform today.
Aaron walked backstage to talk to us before the announcement of the winners. He didn’t even notice what Selina wore (or even scarier – he didn’t even notice what Jolin wore).
Apropos those two persons, the first mentioned seemed really nervous and the other tried to make the first more nervous. I laughed (and looked at their legs (Calvin did the same (Aaron ignored both us and them))).
“Congratulations on your performances. Another reason why I didn’t compete today was that I didn’t want to make all of you look unqualified,” he said, in his normal, arrogant tone.
“I thought you were against talent shows?” I asked in a slightly offended tone.
“I am – I don’t need others to tell me that my talents are exquisite to know it,” he said.
Calvin smirked.
“What kind of talents does Mr. SPP have?” he asked, and lifted his eyebrows in a erted way.
“Well, doesn’t he go hunting?” I asked, and laughed. It was first at this point Jolin and Selina noticed our conversation. Selina looked like she wanted to puke, and Jolin laughed with us.
Now it was time for all 21 competitors to go to on stage. The announcement was about to be made.
The host started talking:
“We first have to announce that the judges felt forced to disqualify Jolin Tsai because of her outfit and in which spirit she performed. Sorry for this inconvenience.”
Jolin looked like she could kill someone and she pushed away a geeky guy next to her before walking of stage. When I looked closer, the guy’s facial expression looked pretty erted. Were all kids like that nowadays? Not that I wasn’t…
“When that is said, we will now announce the winners. After telling you a little thing. Remember; all is winners, and it is not about winning or losing, but about having fun.”
I noticed Calvin’s facial expression when he said that. He was, like me, struggling with his laughter.
“Our third place goes to… Mr. Calvin Chen” the male teacher said. All of us clapped our hands.
“Congratulations to Mr. Chen!” I could see me and Calvin’s parents in the crowd, cheering for all of us.
“And our second place goes to…” He held a pause for the excitement. “Selina Ren!”
Everybody cheered and clapped their hands. Selina looked a bit surprised, but also happy. She stood next to Calvin.
“And the winner is…” He didn’t even need to mention the winner, everybody knew it was me. Please, they were clapping their hands in time and yelled; “Show! Show! Show!” all the time.
The host thought he was funny, and tried to make a joke:
“Aaron Yan!”
Everybody became silent, and looked at him like he was mentally retarded. Aaron leaned back in an arrogant way, like this was a normal thing to happen.
“No, I’m just kidding! My son didn’t win, because he didn’t compete…” he said a bit blaming.
“Apparently, he’s against talent shows!” Aaron rolled his eyes in an even more arrogant way. We had always wondered why a guy with such happy and youthful parents would turn out to be this way.
“The winner is Show Luo,” he said in a bit less excited tone. The crowd went crazy, and I walked to the host (the principal a.k.a Aaron’s father) to take the microphone.
“I have only one thing to say, and one thing to do,” I said, and lifted my eyebrows in a erted way. The host a.k.a the principal a.k.a Aaron’s dad walked towards to mic.
“Who wants to do it with him?” he said in a tone he thought sounded like mine (it didn’t). For the first time in his life, Aaron looked a bit embarrassed (yay!). My parents kept on cheering.
“First, I want to say; this is why, this is called a Talent ‘Show’!” The crowd went crazy about my corny joke.
“Second, what I want to do…” I grabbed Selina, dragged her backwards in princess style, and kissed her on the lips. She didn’t close her eyes. Before I pinched her in the back, and she seemed to notice Jolin in the stands.
The crowd went even crazier, and kept cheering until and after I stopped the kiss, and helped Selina to stand straight again. She looked shocked, but whatever.

***

Hey folkens! (Danish for People)

Did you miss us ? :D
Here’s the kissing thing from the last chapter xD
And you for sure are all wondering who the mysterious childhood friend are? You know we’re not gonna tell you xD We want to watch a movie now, nemli’ xD
And we love using Danish words (we are from Denmark); even though only about 6 million people speak the language (ugliness).
And we invented another new word today – “ot”. xD. With Danish pronouncement – we will maybe tell you the meaning in the next chapter xD
(we still think it’s pretty corny, especially A/N in the end xD but so much thanks for all of your comments, please comment more after reading this chap :D)
We thought about calling this chapter for “Apple Pie”, and then considered “Even more Uncreative Sub-title” – but then found that “Talent ‘Show’” was better.

Anyway, thanks for reading :D

- Blitz & Gril
… and we are still raving happy because we were recognized for this fanfic on a GuiLun fan site. Yay :D happiness xD

P.S. Coconut juice tastes weird. In any case, the ones that we bought. Mango juice tastes much better. And Maltesers. And any other kinds of candy. This is not a commercial. We promise. I swear. What were we talking about? (xD)