Chapter 8

You and Your Scent

L.Joe went home. He lies on his bed. But then he remembered his promise. He took his phone and make a call.

“Hello” the voice from the other side sounds different.

“Hello, Channie. Are you okay?” he asked, worried.

“Yea I’m fine. Why?”

“You sound different. Are you sure you’re okay”

“Yes I am. Don’t worry” she tried to sound normal

I’m not okay, Mr Byunghun.

“Well, about tomorrow…let’s meet at the park”

ChanHee not sure if she want to go or not. So she just stay silent.

“You still there, Channie?”

“Yeah. Well, let’s just talk about it tomorrow. I’m sleepy”

“uh..okay, I’ll call you again tomorrow. Goodnight Channie”

“Night…L.Joe” and she end the call

Did she just call me L.Joe? What’s wrong with her? What happen, Channie?

L.Joe throw his phone on his bed and lie beside it. He had a plan for tomorrow. But knowing that something’s wrong with ChanHee, he needs to change his plan. He let out a sigh, sending her a message, then fall asleep.

Meanwhile, ChanHee just staring at her phone. She missed L.Joe’s voice. But everytime she remembered what happen today, she hates it. Maybe she should stop seeing him. Or she just need some times. She can’t understand her own feeling. How can A 22 years old noona is in a mess now just because of 17 years old boy? While she deep on her thought, a text come

From : Byungie

Channie, I hope we can meet tomorrow at the park. I miss you >3<

She shakes her head. Something is wrong with her heart. A moment ago she was upset and now she’s missing him. After thinking for a long time, she finally sent him a reply

To : Byungie

See you there, at 4pm.

She lies on her bed, hugging her plushie. She can’t stop thinking about her feeling, until finally her mind give up and fall asleep.

 

ChanHee usually wake up early and then clean her house. But today, all she wants to do just lying on her bed. Rolling form one side to another, she ignored her phone that was telling her some messages waiting to be read. And when her phone ring again, this time L.Joe calling, she gets up and put the phone on her desk. Not wanting to hear his voice because it will make her mind goes crazy again.

It’s weird. She didn’t pick up the phone, not replying my messages. Is she still sleeping? It’s 10am. L.Joe can’t stop staring at his phone. But nothing happen. He let out a sigh then gets up from his bed. If phone can’t reach you, then I’ll come to you.

ChanHee hiding under her blanket. After rolling around her bed for hours, finally she made up her mind.

Lee ChanHee. If he wants to play, just play with him. No feeling. Just a game.

She get off from her bed then clean up.

When she was cooking her breakfast, the bell ring. She didn’t expect it will be him, standing in front of her door, looking hurt.

“Morning, L.Joe” she greets him. “Can I come in?” he asked and she opens the door.

“Why don’t you pick up my call?” she can hear anger on his voice.

“Oh, you’re calling?” she pretend not knowing about it.

“I was. Couple times. And you don’t even reply me”

“Sorry, I was busy. I forgot where I put my phone” she walks to the kitchen , continue cooking.

“What are you doing?” he comes to her place. “As you can see, I’m cooking. I was hungry so I decided to make some hot cakes. You want some?” she asked without looking at him.

“No thanks” and she just continue cooking.

“Why do you ignore me, Channie?” he asked, sitting on a chair.

“Oh, I don’t , L.Joe” “Yes you do” “If I ignore you, I won’t answer you” “But you’re not answering my call. And you’re calling me L.Joe now”

She puts the plates and glasses on the table, and makes two serving of hot cakes and milk.

“Let’s eat” she sit beside him, and begin to eat. L.Joe just watching her. “Eat first, talk later” she said, and L.Joe just do as she said.

After the breakfast, they moved to the couch.

“Well, what brings you here, L.Joe? Me not answering your call and texts?” he nods. “Will you believe me if I told you I was busy?” he shakes his head.

“Did I do something wrong, Channie?” he said in a sad voice.

“Well, you didn’t. It’s just me. Listen L.Joe. You’re my student. And you have a girlfriend. I think we need to stop seeing each other like this. It’s not right.” She tried to sound normal.

“I’m not your student right now cos we’re not at school. And when we’re at school, I always do my best as a student”

“And about your girlfriend? What are we now, L.Joe?” she asked him with a sad voice

“She’s not my girlfriend, well she is. But….aish how to explain it?”

“Just try”

“I was choosing her, because I was tired being chased by the girls at school. I need to have a girlfriend so they will stop.” She rises her eyebrow “Flower boys” she mumbles. She can’t believe his excuse.

“We can be whatever you want us to be… it’s all in your hand, ChanHee. I’ll go with whatever your answer”

“I’m not the kind of girl who can steal someone’s boyfriend. I can’t be with someone who already in a relationship. And I will never share my boyfriend.”

L.Joe let out a heavy sigh. “Listen ChanHee. If I broke up with Changhyun, it means I’m free, right?” and she nods. “So I can date you?” again she nods.

“But we have some problems here, ChanHee-ah. You’re my teacher at school. We’re not talking about our live outside school. I don’t want you to be kicked out if they find out you’re dating your student. I don’t mind if the whole world knows that I’m dating you. But I can’t be selfish. I can’t let you lost your job because of me”

“And by that, nobody can find out about us, not even MinSoo. That, will lead to another thing. I need to have a girlfriend, as a disguise at school, so the girls won’t chasing me again. Now that I already have Changhyun, I think it will be better if I keep on pretending to be her boyfriend.”

“Wait, L.Joe. who said that I will be your girlfriend?” she said annoyed.

“I’m just creating a scenario to show you what will happen if we’re dating”

“So I have to keep on silent and let you being lovey dovey with Changhyun all over the school?”

“Just for school time. No date after school with her, I promise”

ChanHee thinking about it. So I will be his secret girlfriend at school? It’s a bad thing, but why does it sound interesting?

“ChanHee-ah…” he’s holding her hand. “I want you to be my girlfriend. I know it sounds hard with that condition, but I just want to keep you safe. Be my girl, please”

Chanhee’s heart beats faster. Heart, you’re a traitor. “Can you keep your promise? No dating with her outside school. And try not to be so lovey dovey in front of me at school. Once we’re out from school, You’re no longer L.Joe. but you’re my byungie.”

Hearing that, L.Joe’s face brighten. He’s smiling widely. “I will, Chanhee-ah. I will. I will be yours outside school, Channie”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ooooo ChunJoe are an item now?