Chapter 16

You and Your Scent

L.Joe knocks the door, it was open and no one inside. Soon Chanhee comes and greet him.

“Come in, Byungie. No one’s here” she said and walk to her desk

“What do you want?” He said coldly, still standing in front of the room.

Chanhee was taken aback at his coldness.

“Byungie what’s wrong with you today? Why did you ignore me?” She said, annoyed.

“Ask yourself why”

Chanhee blinks. Why? How do I know?

“Tell me why” she walks to L.Joe and pulls him into the room, hold his hands, making him facing her.

“Tell me why did you go out with Changjo yesterday” he said while staring at her.

Chanhee’s eyes widen. HOW DID HE KNOW?

“I can explain”

“You better be”

Still holding his hands, she answered him with shaky voice. “Changjo knows about us”

L.Joe frowns. How did he know?

“He saw us, when we’re celebrating our monthsary. He saw us walking home holding hands”

“DID HE STALKING YOU?” he said half yelling, upset with the idea that pops on his mind.

“No. he happened to be at the same place with us”

“Then?”

“He’s asking me to go out with him. Or he will tell her about what he saw. It’s just for one time, and I made it clear to him, that he won’t tell any words about us to anyone”

“You should’ve told me before deciding something!” L.Joe rises his voice, making Chanhee startled.

“I’m sorry…” she looks down

“That boy. How dare he threatening you like that? He needs to lear…..”

“Don’t do any stupid thing” Chanhee warns him before he can say anything more.

“But Chanhee!” he protests

“I said I made it clear to him. He won’t do it again. I don’t want you to get in trouble with him”

“Why? Care about him that much eh?” he snickers

“Byungie! I care about you! You have a good reputation here, and as your teacher I don’t want you to fight with other student!” she said, upset.

“Oh really? And how about you as my girlfriend? You think I won’t find out about it so you keep it from me?”

“You didn’t answer my call!” Chanhee’s voice shaking, she’s trying to hold back her tears.

“I’m sorry Channie….” L.Joe’s voice soften. He regrets rising his voice to her. He comes closer and hug her.

“I’m sorry Channie…I was too upset.” Chanhee cries on his hug.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t get mad at you. But I was upset seeing you with him. I’m sorry Channie” he kissed her hairs.

“I’m sorry too, Byungie….”  She hugs him tight.

“Next time, please tell me first before make a decision” and she nods.

They hugging until L.Joe’s phone ring. Chanhee pulls away, but L.Joe cups her face and wipes her tears gently. Then he kissed her forehead.

She smiled at him and then nods, signaling him to answer the phone.

“Hello? I’ll be there soon” and he ends the call.

“I’ll walk you home”

“But your friends?”

“They can wait” and he grabs her hand. They don’t care if they’re still at school.

 

After sending Chanhee home, L.Joe went to usual place. Minsoo and the girls are waiting.

“You’re late, man”

“Sorry” He sit beside Changhyun. He looks at Minsoo and he just nods. Looks like he didn’t tell the girls where he was.

“Sorry to keep you waiting baby” L.Joe pokes Changhyun’s cheek.

“Just sorry? You have to make it up” she pouts

“And what can I do to make it up, Changhyunnie?” He smiled at her

“It’s been a month and we never have a date. I want to have a date with my boyfriend”

“Aigoo, I’m sorry baby. You know I was busy”

“Then have a date with me”

“Okay~ when I have time, we’ll go on a date”

She smiled and then hugs him

“I miss you so much, L.Joe” she pecks his cheek. He tried to smile. These days he’s getting tired with his role as her boyfriend. He doesn’t feel the same so he change the topic. Nielly is sitting beside Minsoo and they’re chatting happily.

“What did I miss?” he asked Changhyun while she wraps his arms around L.Joe’s waist.

She giggles. “Not much. But looks like we don’t have to arrange anything now”

She rest her head on his shoulder, she missed him so much. L.Joe tried to act normal, he caress her hair. Then she burries her face on his shoulder. She really likes L.Joe’s scent.  He puts his arms round her waist and let her hugs him closer.

“Sorry, but please remember that we’re here too” Minsoo gave him annoyed face

“Yeah, don’t do that in front of us” Nielly added while giggling

Changhyun blushing and hides her face on L.Joe’s chest. But suddenly she pulls away.

L.Joe was busy interrogating Minsoo about him and Nielly. He didn’t know that Changhyun was looking at him until she tugs his sleeve.

“Yes baby?” he turns to see her

“Where have you been?”

“School. Why?”

“Really?”

“Yeah. The teacher was calling me”

She frowns. When she’s hugging him, she can smell sweet scent from his shirt, just like female’s perfume. Since the other on good mood, she let her curiousity go for now. But she promised herself that she will try to find out why her boyfriend smell so sweet.

 

“Let’s go home. We still have class tomorrow” Nielly looks at her watch.

“Okay. Minsoo, please walk her home. It’s dark and not safe for a girl to go home alone” L.Joe said, smirking to Minsoo.

Minsoo just grins while Nielly blushing.

“I’ll sent Changhyun home” L.Joe wraps his arm around Changhyun’s shoulder.

“Alright, Let’s go Nielly” Minsoo gets up and offers his hand to Nielly. To their surprise, Nielly took it. And they’re walking while holding hands after saying goodbye to L.Joe and Changhyun.

“I thought Nielly likes Changjo. But look at her now” Changhyun giggles.

L.Joe’s heart feels burn when he hears his name. he clenched his fist automatically, remembering what happen yesterday

“L.Joe~” Changhyun’s voice brings him back to reality and he tried to forget about him.

“Anyway, who’s calling for you? The teacher, I mean”

“Uh? Teacher? What teacher?”

“You said you stayed at school because the teacher was calling for you”

Calm down, L.Joe. Think and say something.

“Hmm…Mr Lee. He was calling for a help”

She tilts her head but then shrug.

“See you tomorrow baby” she pecks his lips and get into her car

“Take care. See you” he’s waving and wait till her car disappear from his sight before walk back to his home.