Chapter 21

You and Your Scent

Chanhee wake up late today. She’s still sleeping when L.Joe called her.

“Hello” she picked up the phone without looking at it, and answer it with lazy voice.

“Morning baby”

“Byungie?” her eyes widen when she heard his voice.

“You’re not replying my messages, so I guess you’re still sleeping”

Chanhee blush. This boy knows him so well.

“No, I’m awake” she said

“Now you’re awake because I’m calling” L.Joe chuckles.

“Go prepare, get dressed, I’ll come soon”

“Ah… what time is it?” she rubs her eyes and staring at the clock on the wall. That’s when she realize. “Ahhhh we’ll be late!”

L.Joe laughs. “No, Channie, we will arrive at school on time. You just used to be at school very early. We still have almost 1 hour”

“Aish. Okay I’ll take shower now”

“See you later Channie” and they end the call.

 

30 mins later the door bell ring. Chanhee open the door and find L.Joe standing there smiling at her.

“Morning my princess”

“Morning Byung. Come in”

Byungie get inside and sit on the couch.

“Give me 5 minutes, and I’ll be ready” she said and about to turn around when suddenly L.Joe holds her hand.

“Yes Byungie?”

“I have a request”

Chanhee tilt her head, confused.

“You know, I love your sweet scent. But for now, please don’t wear any perfume”

Chanhee frowns at his request. “Why?” she whines.

“Well…yesterday Changhyun….” L.Joe didn’t know how to explain it to her.

“What happen?” Chanhee eyeing L.Joe.

“Changhyun was upset. She can smell your perfume on my shirt. Well, we don’t want to make her suspicious about us, right?” L.Joe looking at her, worried. Hoping that she will understand.

“Fine” she turns her face away then walk to her room.

Why can’t I use my own perfume? So what if she find out? Isn’t it better for her to realize that Byungie isn’t hers?

She takes her perfume, staring at it for awhile then let out a sigh, staring at her reflection on the mirror then shakes her head.

No Chanhee, not now. Soon, but not now. Aish…. Just…. If it’s not for you Byunghun, I will never stop using it.

With heavy heart, Chanhee put it back to the table and just take her bag. She walks out from her room, pouting. L.Joe can tell that Chanhee is upset now. He comes closer to her, and hug her. No more perfume on her, but somehow she still smell sweet. For L.Joe, her natural scent much better.

“Let’s go” she gently push L.Joe and walking to the door, not looking at him.

 

When they reach school, as usual Changjo joined them from the gate.

“Morning Miss Lee”

“Morning Changjo” she smiled at him.

“Morning L.Joe” changjo greet him too. L.Joe and Chanhee staring at each other, surprised

“Morning” L.Joe mumbles.

As they walk to the class, Chanhee and Changjo was chatting happily while L.Joe just listening to them.

“See you later Miss Lee” Changjo flash his best smile “Let’s go, L.Joe” Changjo bows to Chanhee while L.Joe just standing there, shocked that suddenly Changjo so friendly to him.

What’s wrong with this kid? Did he get hit by something on his head? Or he ate something weird for breakfast?

For the rest of the day, Changjo always nods at him whenever their eyes met. It’s kinda scary for L.Joe, to see him like this. But Chanhee told him that maybe Changjo finally give up.

When the school ended, Chanhee heard a knock on the door. She looks up and find L.Joe standing there.

“Byung----hun?” she asked in surprised. L.Joe never come to the teachers room if the teacher didn’t ask him to. Now that she’s the only one there, could it be that he’s looking for her?

“Miss Lee” he bows

“Come in” she said but L.Joe shakes his head and just stay where he is. He’s now looking around to confirm that there’s no one there.

“I just wanna check my Channie. No Changjo?” he rises his eyebrows. Chanhee chuckles.

“No. he said that he won’t come today. Got something to do, he said”

“Ahhh I see” L.Joe smiles happily. “ So we can go home now?”

“Sure” she smiled back at him and take her bag, they went home.

 

“Byungie” Chanhee asking the boy who’s now resting his head on her lap.

“Mmmmm” that’s all he said since he’s busy playing games on his phone.

“Did…. Changhyun still upset?” she caress his hair.

“Yeah. She didn’t want to talk to me. And Nielly isn’t helping at all” he said, still focusing on the game.

“Then did she… asking for something?”

“Like what?”

“Like break up?” Chanhee bites her lip. Now L.Joe staring at her. He never expect Chanhee would ask such a thing.

“No. Not a single word about that” he said carefully. And Chanhee looks disappointed now.

“Why Channie?”

“I thought….” She didn’t continue her words, but L.Joe understand it. She wish that Changhyun would break up with him so L.Joe will only be hers.

“Chanhee….”

“I’m sorry…. I shouldn’t ask that. I should’ve understand you” she looks away.

L.Joe sit up and facing her. He holds her hand, and with one hand he touch her cheek, making her looking at him.

“Please wait for me, Chanhee. I promise one day you’ll be the only one for me. You already the only one in my heart” He takes his hand and let it touch his chest. He wanted to tell her that he means every single words he said.

Chanhee smiles weakly “Thank you, Byungie”