thirty

Mr Player and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you didn't know already, Kim Jongin was the successor to one of South Korea's top importation companies; well, something along the lines of that. Truthfully, Jongin had no clue as to what exactly his father's company did nor did he plan to become the future CEO. But this was his father he was talking about, a cruel and cold hearted man who knew exactly what it took to get what he wanted. That's why Jongin was sat impatiently inside the office. 

Jongin had been expecting this to happen sooner or later, but right now it was too soon. Everything was going moderately okay- okay, maybe that was a slight understatement. His life was slightly perfect and secure, something he hadn't felt since he was younger. And who was behind it all? Kim Soeun. 

"What's her name?" The long awaited silence was put on hold by his father, the CEO was casually flicking through countless documents, waiting for an appropriate answer. Jongin, on the other hand, was not at the slightest casual. The hairs up his arms pricked up in alarm; his father knew exactly what her name was, probably her blood type and maybe even her favourite colour. Silence. That was his only answer.

"So I guess you want to go down this route. I was planning to be kinder with my words but I assume you've already guessed; you're going to become the acting vice president of our company. You'll learn the skills you need to become the future CEO and you'll be under the close supervision of me-" 

"I'm not doing it." Something Jongin learned never to do, interrupt his father. It was different now, he was stronger and could defend himself- he wasn't the weak eleven-year-old boy anymore. Back then his mother would do the defending, taking in all the slaps that were meant for him. Back then, his mother hadn't left. 

The sound of the man's fist making contact with his jaw echoed off the empty walls; blood began to drip from his nose, and instinctively he tilted his head back. Wrong move. His father grabbed hold of his hair, pulling at it ferociously before shoving it towards the closest wall. More blood. A cruel smirk played onto the father's lips, taking in his son's blood-stained handsome features. 

"I'm not doing it. Is that it? Because a stupid girl comes into your life, look here son.  Let me give you some fatherly advice, do as I say. Then maybe the people you care about won't get hurt. Jongin-ie, let me make it clearer for your stupid brain. That girl, what's her name? Ah, Kim Soeun. Blood type O, birthday September 6th and height 163cm. I know everything, I know what it takes to destroy her life and I'll be willing to do so. Unless, you do as I tell you. I'm telling you this as your father, love is just a stupid thing in the way of reaching the top."

The only way to get to the top was to hurt people who tried to stop you, and through the years, Mr Kim had perfected this method. Blood was on his hands- well, he didn't actually kill them... He just got others to do the dirty work. From all the photos and intel his men had given him; well, it was enough to clearly know that his son was in love. A stupid and foolish thing. But Jongin hardly knew his own feelings for Soeun; he just knew his mind went insane without her and also went insane wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter