twenty four

Mr Player and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thanks for kind of helping... And sorry for wasting your time." The three had made it outside the hospital after the arrival of Jongin's father, which also gained them freedom from the hospital. Soeun had felt it necessary to apologise to Sehun, not only did they get him in trouble as well but they had wasted his time. Jongin stood awkwardly behind her, trying his best to avoid any eye contact with his step-brother. 

"Well, hyung doesn't seem that thankful..." Sehun soft lips tugged up into a smirk and his arms crossed; Jongin groaned at his comment before slipping his hand into Soeun's, this did not go unnoticed by Sehun. 

"Well, your hyung  is quite hungry at the moment so we shall be leaving." It was now Jongin with the trademark smirk all over his face, he waved with his free hand whilst pulling Soeun along with the other. The good thing about both of them being preoccupied with each other was that they didn't notice the disappoint in Sehun's face, as they walked away from him. 

"Whatever, they're probably just good friends- wait, why do I even care?" Sehun was quick to dismiss the feeling that had taken up his heart and was also quick to spot the familiar bob of hair in the distance, natural highlights streaked through her glistening hair. He automatically found himself moving towards her and soon found himself just a few metres away, what had stopped him from approaching her was the conversation he could hear. Sehun bent his lanky body as best as possible behind the phone booth and strained his side further to eavesdrop.

"You're not in the fit position to be here, you know where you should be." There seemed to be some sort of doctor lecturing her about something but Sehun could barely her reply so moved closer to the pair.

"Just give me one more week and then I'll come back, just one more week, please. I need to make everything right- I'll stay in hospital for as long as you want me to, for as long as I need. I just need one more week to make things right." Oh Hayoung seemed to be on the verge of collapsing into tears, her hands had balled together and were in a begging like position. He was sure that if they were somewhere more private she would probably be on her knees. 

"I can't do that. It'll get worse, this is for you- each day you're not having treatment means you will be getting worse. Stop thinking about others and start thinking about yourself." The doctor had said these words too loudly and this time, Sehun did not have to strain to hear it. His eyes widened as the doctor grabbed onto Hayoung's wrist however, she was submissive to this and could only rebel with tears. It was instinct- Sehun had to help her, it hurt him to see her in any form of pain.

"Let go." He had caught up to the pair and now held on tightly to Hayoung's free hand, the surprise of his deep voice made the doctor jump and eventually let go  of her arm. This was their time to escape. The wind ran wildly alongside the two and for almost a second everything seemed like before, it was like deja vu. The memories of two years ago flashed through his mind, the memory of how they had met. 

Sehun's mother had finally told him she was going to get remarried and how he handled the news was let's say, difficult. And the fact that she was getting remarried to his best friends father was even more difficult to adjus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter