- Chapter 20

||| Torn - From Author of 'Message'|||
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Chapter 20 - 

"Pity. Or Sympathize... I don't need it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Taeyeon-shi.." Dr Lee flipped through her medical report.

"There are bad news and good news.." he said. "I hope you are ready for this."

Taeyeon looked down and closed her eyes.

"It doesn't matter Dr Lee. I have prepared for the worst." she said.


Dr Lee nodded. "Taeyeon shi, the diagnosis report shows that indeed you have contacted Cardiovascular Disease. And it's the same form of heart disease your mother had - Arrhythmia. That means abnormal rhythm of heart. Your heart can beat too slow, too fast or irregularly. An Arrhythmia can affect how well the heart works. And when it happens, your heart may not be able to pump enough blood to meet your body needs..." 

"What does that mean?" Taeyeon raised her head. "Does it mean I will die like my mother?"

Dr Lee closed the report and looked at her. "Well.. the good news is,  this disease usually affects older adults. It's a good thing to detect it early, so you can make primary efforts to modify the risk factors." 

Taeyeon's brow knitted. "You mean there is a chance for me to recover?" 

"It's not about recovering. It's about reducing risk. What we can do for you, is to prescibe you Aspirin which is beneficial to cardiovascular problems. But you have to help yourself by controlling your diets and lifestyle interventions." 


Not exactly getting what Dr Lee is trying to tell her, 

"So what should I do next? Do I continue to stay here in the hospital? Or do I need to go through treatments or any operations to relief my condition??"

Dr Lee shook his head. "Nothing. You need not do anything. Just take your prescriptions timely and lead a normal life."

Taeyeon crooked her brows in doubts, "You mean I can leave here and go back to school?"

Dr Lee nodded, "Yes you can. Just remember to go on healthy diets. Come back for regular checks. And most importantly, stay relax at all times. Any agitation or stress will not do you good. In a worst scenario, you can suffer a heart failure. Bear that in mind."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Walking out from Dr Lee's room, Taeyeon strolled along the aisle holding onto her report. Afterall, she didn't escape from the fate that she inherited the same disease from her mother. How is she going to tell her father about this? And what if something happen to her.. like a heart failure? Does that mean she could die anytime??

Entering

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter