15

▸ Let's keep it a secret

Sehun P.O.V

 

I stood up to get water for Luhan even though to be honest it was only a pretext  to move away.

It was just too awkward for me to sit there and listen to their conversation. Even if I wanted to I wouldn’t be able to join anyway. The second reason was the  irritating jealousy feeling that ate me from the inside. That’s stupid yes I’m acting like I own Luhan or something but that’s not it.

It’s just that I’m afraid that he’ll find a better friend than me. I want to be special to him because I’m his first friend here and well he’s my first friend ever and it was hard to hide away the slight of pain when this guy came over. I just felt a bit left out. Luhan found someone who is also from China so as a friend I should feel happy for him that he found a new friend, but at the same time I want to be his only friend . Okay that’s stupid. I have to stop with these thoughts. One of us is going to debut soon anyway, and it might happen that we won’t even be in the same group or Luhan debuts before me. Which means that he will make a lot of new friends and connections with people, if I’ll continue over-reacting and being jealous over stupid small things like that it will just take me nowhere. Instead it will make me look like a fool. Acting as if Luhan is mine is just really agnorrant and selfish and I don’t want to act this way. Luhan is allowed to have friends and even if he wishes a girlfriend. And it’s none of your business Oh Sehun. You’re only his friend, act like it.

Just as I was deeply sunk into my thoughts I felt a hand on my arm which made me jump.

The owner of the hand was a boy with quite an unusual dark skin, black hair,  puffy lips and dark brown eyes. He gave me grin which was probably caused by my reaction when he touched me.

“Hey” he said simply. The smile not leaving his face

“Oh um eh hi” Crap Sehun. A simple Hi would do but no, you always have to act as if you forgot how to speak.

But the boy seemed to not take notice of my awkwardness.

“I glanced at you a few times while practising. You’re really good at dancing, to be honest, in my opinion you’re better than all those put together” he said jokingly moving his eyes all around the room where the rest of trainees were sitting exhausted.

“Ohh I em..thank you” Another invisible facepalm to myself.

“I’m Jongin” He said reaching for my hand to shake it.

“I’m Sehun” I replayed while we shook hands.

“We should have a dance battle together once” Jongin said with a little smirk

“Sure” I said and I looked over at the spot where Luhan and Wu Yifan was sitting.

My heart almost stopped when I caught Luhan’s eyes. He was also staring at me.

We just looked at each other for a moment before both of us almost at the same time looked again away.

“Umm, I’m going to get some water for my friend, do you want some?”

Jongin showed me the bottle of water he held in his hands. “Nope, I’m fine but thanks. And well it was nice to meet you Sehun, I look forward to seeing you dancing more”

I gave him a smile in return and hurried to get three cups of cold water.

I went over to Luhan and Wu Yifan handing them over the cups.

They both thanked me as I sat down drinking from my own cup.

I took a glance at Jongin who was dancing in front of the mirror even though we still had break.

And he was hella good at it.

The three of us just sat quietly taking some oxygen into our lungs and resting our legs until we can which didn’t last too long because the trainer blown a whistle informing us that the break is over.

We danced for another good couple of hours until the last whistle in the meaning that it’s finally over and we can go home.

I felt as if my knees turned into cottonwool i could barely feel them.

Luhan looked as exhausted as I was. When the trainer said it’s over we both immediately collapsed onto the cold floor trying to catch our breaths.

“Sehun?”

“Hmmmm?” I answered without any strength to even turn my head around and look at him.

“Wu Yifan told me that they have showers here. You can  shower here if you want to.”

“Uhh… I rather go home what about you?”

“I have to go to the bubble tea shop”

“Oh yeah, I completely forgot about it,  will you manage though?”

He nodded his head but that wasn’t enough for me.

“Are you sure? We can call there and you can go there when you’re free, you worked really hard today you should rest”

“I’m fine Sehun. Actually you worked even harder than me so you should be the one to go home and rest, It won’t take long I’ll come back home right after okay?”

This didn’t stop me from being worried too but there’s nothing I can do he won’t listen to me anyway.

“Okay then but maybe you want me to go with you?”

He laughed quietly.

“You’re acting like my mother or even worse. Once again, I’m completely fine Sehun and as I said you should just go home, rest and wait for me”

I agreeded.

And with that we laid on the floor for another good couple of minutes before we saw people starting to get their stuff together and leaving the practise room. So we both started to pack our own stuff as well.

Luhan talked to Wu Yifan before he left and by that time I packed his stuff as well so we were both ready to leave. I noticed that Jongin still had his stuff everywhere. He was sat down drinking another bottle of water.

“You’re not going home?”

He shook his head.

“I’ll stay here for another hour or two to practise some more” he said

Woah. I can’t believe he has energy for even more practise.

It’s been the first day and already it got me a good kick in the . I never sweated so much in my life and danced for so long.

“Don’t over-work yourself” I said with a smile before getting mine and Luhan’s stuff. I waved to Jongin and walked over to Luhan who also just said goodbye with Wu Yifan.

“Should we go now?’’

Luhan nodded and we both left the building.

The bubble tea shop was on the way home so I walked Luhan off there and we both separated.

Of course I had to ask him a couple of times if he’s really okay and If he’ll cope just  to make sure and then I finally made my way home.

I was dying from tiredness but I hurried back home to get washed up and just lie down in bed and rest.

When I finally reached our apartment the first thing I did was to go to the bathroom my bladder was full from the amount of water I drank during practise.  I took a shower and I went over the the living room. It was so quiet and weird without Luhan. I sat on the couch and pain shoot through my spine. I tried to ignore it by turning the television on but the pain was only getting worse. I flicked through the channels but nothing interesting was on that could distract me from the pain.

wondered if I should text Luhan to ask him if he could jump quickly into pharmacy and buy me some pills or something but I won’t tire him he surely will be  exhausted when he comes back.  

I finally  gave up  on looking for something in the tv so I randomly just some animal programme. My eyes were getting heavy but I didn’t want to fall asleep. I want to wait for Luhan. And thinking about Luhan, I took my phone out and texted him if everything’s okay.

He replied almost instantly.

Luhan 23.57

Everything’s  fine~

I’m done for today

I’m on my way home now so

I  should be there soon

See ya

 

I stared at the messag for more than 5 minutes, it was as if my brain had gone off completely and I couldn’t read what the message said, or more like I could read it. But my brain couldn’t analyze it.  I guess I must be very tired, and the stupid pain in the back doesn’t help me at all.

Though my agony I waited patiently for Luhan to come back.

I checked the time on my phone nearly every second. He should be here in maybe 15 minutes so maybe I’ll take a nap.

I didn’t have to wait long before I fell asleep.

~~~

I got woken up by some noises in the kitchen.

I quickly sat up when I realized that Luhan must have came back by now.

And as predicted when I sat up Luhan  was standing in front of the kitchen counter making something.

He gave me a smile when he noticed I woke up.

Crap, I overslept and the pain from before didn’t go away either.

“Oh god, how long have I slept?” I asked rubbing my eyes

“Ummm an hour?’’

“What?! Oh my god I’m sorry Luhan I wanted to wait for you but I was just so tired I thought 15 minutes would do and I just-”

Luhan cut me off with a gentle laugh.

“It’s okay, by that time I took a long shower, made up the bed and now I’m the middle of doing supper so at least now you’ll have some energy to eat it up”

He said with a  grin

I tried to get up to help Luhan out with the supper but I totally failed begin put back down on the couch by the awful pain in my back.

Luhan noticed it and  he looked at me worriedly

“Are you okay?”

I look  at him with my wet and sleepy eyes. "My back hurts," I  mumble. "I think I pulled something during practice.But I’ll be fine"

Luhan face grew even more solicitous and concerned.

“Do you want me to give you a massage?”

I look at him with wide eyes.

“I’m good at this kind of stuff, my p.e teacher in china taught us massaging skills for aching muscles” He explained in response to my  astonishment.

“B-but what about the supper?’’

“It can wait”

“So?”He asked when I still remained silent a bit shocked with his suggestion.

I never got a massage of anyone before. And just the thought of feeling Luhan’s hands on my back gave me goosebumps.

But yet, I nodded my head slowly in agreement.