14

▸ Let's keep it a secret

Luhan P.O.V

 

I jolted awake when my alarm sounded. I sit up and look around the room groggily, my eyes trying to get used to the sunlight seeping in through the curtains.

I look at Sehun and find that he is still sleeping, unaffected by the loud sound. He looks at ease so I decide to let him sleep some more while I go wash up.

After half an hour and an extremely pleasant shower, I exit the bathroom only to find that Sehun was now spread out on the whole bed and his head hanging off as though he didn't have enough room. I laugh at the sight. I walk over to him and shake him in an attempt to wake him up but he only groans curling up and covering his head with a pillow.

"Sehuuuuuun~" I shake him once more but get no response.

"SEHUN WAKE UP!" I yell and he sits up in fright. His wide eyes look around until they settle on me. I try and give him my most innocent smile.

"Morniiiing~". He frowns at me.

"Why are you so cheerful this early in the morning?" Sehun asks grumpily.

"Well that probably has to do with the fact that it isn't exactly early, it's five thirty and I have been awake for half an hour already. Now get up and go get ready, we will leave at six fifteen."

"Why that early? Training begins at eight."

"I know, I just don't want to be late on the first day of training."

"Good point."

"What do you want for breakfast?"

"Maybe some cereal? I feel like anything bigger wouldn't stay down."

"I agree, I feel like throwing up as well. I am really nervous. I'll get us both some cereal."

"Okay." Sehun says as he gets up and goes to the bathroom. I go to my side of the closet, picking out a plain black t-shirt and some sweatpants to wear.

In the schedule it says that today we have dance practise. That means a lot of physical activity. I walk up to the bathroom door.

“Sehun?” I hear a squeak and something dropping to the floor and then the shower stopping.

“Y-yeah?”

“Make sure to pack a change of clothes. We are gonna be sweating a lot today.” Something else falls and almost a minute passes till Sehun answers.

“O-okay, I’ll p-pack it when I get out.”

“Okay.” I say before packing a change of clothes for myself and going to the living room.

I flop down on the couch and turn the TV on. Some cartoon is on and I watch it until I hear the bathroom door open.

I move to the cupboards and get a box of cereal and two bowls. I set them on the table just as Sehun comes out of the bedroom. He is wearing a grey T-shirt and sweatpants and I see him put down a bag next to mine on the floor.

I sit at the table and he joins me but he doesn’t start eating, just kind of stares at me.

“Okay what?” I ask slightly irritated. Why isn’t he eating? He said he wanted cereal.

“Spoons.”

“Spoons?”

“Yup spoons. And milk.”

“What about spoons and milk?”

Sehun gets up and takes something from a drawer and the fridge and thats when I realise what he was talking about.

“You forgot them. I mean I could eat this with my hands and without milk, but I think I would prefer not having that experience and so would you.”

“Sorry.” I say blushing. He pours some milk in our bowls and hands me a spoon.

“It’s fine. But you must be really nervous to forget something like this.”

“Yeah I am. A lot.”

“You shouldn’t be. You wouldn’t have become a trainee if you weren’t good.”

“I am good at singing. But I don’t think I am very good at dancing.”

Sehun looks at me with a thoughtful expression before standing up. He grabs my hand and pulls me up as well.

“What are you doing Sehun?”

He says nothing and just pulls me so we are both standing in front of the TV. He moves the small coffee table to the side and uses the remote to flip through the channels. Soon he stops at a music channel where super junior’s sorry sorry video was playing.

“You know this song right?” Sehun asks.

“Of course I do.”

“Well then dance.”

“W-what?” I stare at him like he just grew another head.

“Dance!” Sehun says laughing before doing what he told me to do. Dancing.

And wow is he good. Like really good. I don’t realise I’m staring until he stops and nudges me.

“Come ooooon. Dance!”

And this time I listen to him. At first I restrain myself a bit but when Sehun gives me an assuring smile, I relax and start dancing with all my earnest.

The song switches to SNSD’s Gee but we continue dancing. I can’t stop laughing and a feeling of happiness bubbles inside me.

The songs switch a few more times and when I look at the clock I see it’s already six.

“Okay okay, enough. We are gonna be late if we keep this up. And sweaty and we haven’t even gotten there yet.”

“Good point.” Sehun says a little breathless.

I grab the two bowls and spoons from the table and wash them in the sink while Sehun puts the milk and cereal back in their places.

“But Luhan.”

“Hmm?” I look away from the dishes only to find him grinning at me.

“You don’t have to worry. You are good at dancing. Well not as good as me, but still good.” Sehun finishes with an arrogant wave of his hands. I flick some water at him.

“Hey! No fair!” Sehun laughs as he steps back away from me.

“Oh you deserved it for being such a brat.”

He just laughs again and I can’t help but think that it suits him perfectly, this expresion of joy. A lot more than that poker face he insists on using. I am glad he hadn’t used it on me since the first day we went to the bubble tea shop.

“Hurry up or we’ll be late.” Sehun says before going to his bag.

I go pick up my bag as well and I stick my tongue out at him.

“If we are late it is all your fault.”

“Yeaaaaaah but you have to admit that was fun.”

“Fine I admit it was a lot of fun.”

Sehun laughs again and runs out of the flat, leaving me to lock the door.

In the hallway downstairs we run into grandma Haeun.

“Good morning!” We both chorus.

“Oh good morning sweetheart’s. Where are you off to this early?”

“We have training today.” Sehun is the one who answers.

“Oh yes yes. Well I hope you have fun and good luck.” She gives us both a kiss on the cheek before leaving to her own apartment.

“Thank you!” I yell after her.

“Let’s go.” Sehun says and I nod.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The receptionist lady points us in the right direction and when we get to the locker rooms we see that there are some people have already arrived.

Sehun and I pick two lockers that are next to each other and place our bags in them. After that, we go to the practise room. We stand a little bit awkwardly at the corner, not exactly sure what to do.

One by one trainees enter and when no one new comes in after ten minutes, I conclude that only fifteen of us are gonna be at practise today. Almost no one stands out except a few. There is a freakishly tall guy and it’s absolutely obvious why he stands out. He is taller than anyone here and I wonder if Sehun is gonna be as tall as this guy some day.

Another person who stands out is a boy at the other end of the room who is literally bouncing with excitement.

I don’t get to look around much because a person, I assume is the trainer comes in.

The introduction is short and the training starts quickly.

The training lasts for ten hours. In those ten hours we get three breaks every three or so hours. During the first break, Sehun and I sit in silence trying to get our breaths back.

Till the second break we have already got a little used to the almost non stop dancing so we eat a sandwich and chat quietly.

The third break was the most interesting one. We were sitting on the floor when the tall guy, who had been sitting alone during both the previous breaks, came over to us.

“Hi.” the guy says and he sounds hesitant.

“Hi! I’m Luhan. What’s your name?” I ask him with what I hope is a pleasant smile.

“I am Wu Yifan.”

“Wu Yifan? You are Chinese?”

“Uh yes. Why?”

“I’m from China as well.”

“Seriously? But your Korean is so good.”

“Thank you! I am really glad to meet someone from China here.”

“Yes I am really glad as well. Um is your friend also Chinese?”

“Oh! No, this is Sehun, he is Korean. Sehun, this is Yifan.”

Sehun stares at him undecidedly for a while.

“Umm hi.”

“Hi. It’s nice to meet you.”

“Yeah, you as well. Um Luhan I’ll go get some water. You want some?”

“Yeah okay, thanks Sehun.” I give him a smile as he stands up and Yifan takes his place on the floor next to me.

We talk for a while but I notice that Sehun hasn’t come back. I look around and see him talking with the excited kid from before. I give a smile at that, feeling proud that he was making friends.

Despite the exhaustion I feel really really happy and it’s mostly Sehun’s doing that caused this.

 

 

Authors' Note:

Hey sweethearts!!!! Happy late Valentine's day!!! <3 <3 We hope you had a great day!!! *we are sending you loads of chocolate, hugs and kisses* Again thank you everyone for reading, commenting and subscribing to our story, you bring a smile to our faces <3 you are absolutely brilliant and we love you <3 Thank you!!!