10

▸ Let's keep it a secret

Luhan P.O.V

 

I was honestly surprised when I met Sehun’s mother. I thought she was gonna be more well I don’t know angry at him, that there would be more yelling, more crying. And even that one moment when she was strict, you could see that she cared for her son more than anything. I was really glad that Sehun’s mom cares so much about him but I still couldn’t help thinking about my own parents. They hadn’t contacted me at all. They really don’t care about me.

“Luhan?” Sehun’s voice brings me away from my depressing thoughts.

“Yes?” I ask with a small smile.

“What are you thinking about?”

I was thinking about how much my parents hate me and how much I envy you for having at least one parent that cares. “I’m thinking about your adorable pictures.” Okay well that wasn’t a complete lie, I had thought about them earlier.

“What?? No, okay you have to forget about those!” He says turning to glare at me. Some people on the bus turn to look at us but I pay them no mind and laugh at Sehun’s cuteness.

“But whyyyyyyyyyyyyy? You were just so adorable and tiny and-” he places his hands on my mouth so I can’t continue.

“No. Those pictures are never to be mentioned ever again.”

“But-”

“Never.”

“Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.” I say with a dramatic sigh.

He seems pleased with this so he leans back in his seat and looks out the window. We sit in comfortable silence until twenty minutes later when the bus stops and Sehun is standing up. I look up at him when he nudges me to stand up as well.

“This is our stop.” He says simply and I nod before getting up and off the bus.

When I am off, I look around and realise I have absolutely no idea where I am. Which shouldn’t really surprise me considering I just recently moved here, but I guess I am so used to it that I am completely forgot that I don’t know how to get around Seoul. But I don’t have time to think about this when Sehun starts walking down the street and I have to run to catch up.

“Where are we going?” I ask trying to keep up but damn his long legs, he isn’t that taller than me why are his legs so freaking long?!

He stops suddenly turning around to look at me.

“Well, earlier in the bus I remembered about couple of places that rent apartments because I used to pass by some of them when going to school.”

“Oh okay let’s check them out then. But I have one very important question. Extremely important. The most important question ever.”

“Ummm okay?”

“Are you sure that blanket was purple? It looked more pink to me.” his eyes widen and I keep my face as calm as possible even though I want to die of laughing.

I expect him to yell or something but he just turns around and continues walking. I quickly run after him, feeling a little bit guilty for teasing him.

“Sehun.” No answer.

“Sehun.”

“Sehuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Sehun Sehun Sehun Sehun Sehun Sehun Sehun Sehun Sehun Sehun-”

“I am ignoring you shut up.”

“But Sehuuuun, I was just teasing. I can’t help it, you were so adorable as a kid.”

He just keeps walking, pointedly ignoring me. I feel slightly annoyed and try to figure out how to get him to stop ignoring me. more? Wait no that’s what got me in this situation in the first place. Apologise? But it’s not like I’ve done something wrong, that blanket was pink, I am completely sure of it. What can I do? And then it hits me. Such an obvious answer. I grin to myself.

“Sehun?” Still ignoring me. Well not for long.

I move so I am walking behind him and reach out to hug him. But I might have not exactly thought this through. He startles and trips and then very graciously plants his face in the ground. I stare down at him shocked for a second because I was not expecting that at all.

Then I am by his side, helping him get up.

“Sehun?! Are you okay?! I am so so sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you, I just wanted to give you a hug so you would stop ignoring me but you fell, you could have broken something, I could have killed you I am so sorry, if you hate me, I will udnerst-”

“Okay stop, you are overthinking this. Look, I am fine. Just slightly dirty.” I look him over once, checking if there are any wounds. There is a few scrapes on his hands, and he will more surely bruise in a few places but there doesn’t seem to be anything serious wrong with him. I sigh in relief.

“I am really sorry Sehun.”

“It’s okay. I am fine, you don’t have to worry.” He says with a small smile.

“It could have been a lot worse.”

“It could have, but it isn’t. Aaand,” Sehun says looking around, “no one saw that. But you are not allowed to mention anything about what just happened to anyone.”

“Something happened?” I say acting confused.

“Good.” Sehun says smiling and I can’t help but smile back. I start walking but something brushes my hands and scares me. A very very very manly scream escapes me and this time I would have been the one to crash, but Sehun’s hands wrap around my waist and steady me.

“I guess now we are even.” Sehun says and laughs  back.

“Even?” I ask really confused this time.

“Well I was going to give you a revenge hug so you would fall as well, but your charming girlish scream was enough revenge for me.”

“I do not have a girlish scream.” I say hitting him in the arm.

“Okay okay it isn’t girlish just don’t hit me. Did anyone ever tell you you are very violent?”

“Say that again and see what my opinion on it is.” I smile at him but by Sehun’s gulping, I know that it looks as evil as I intended it to be.

“The first building is a five minutes away from here, we should go check it out now.”

I laugh as he half walks half runs away. I can already see how fun us living together is going to be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After two hours and all five buildings checked out we still haven’t found a place which we could rent. I sigh as we leave the last building.

“So what should we do now?” Sehun asks looking as dejected as I feel.

“Well maybe we should take a break. How about we go to that bubble tea shop so I can treat you to some bubble tea?”

“I think there are other shops closer here.”

“But I want to go to that one. Because that was my first time going to one, and it was so cosy and nice, and it was the first time we hung out and I just like it a lot.”

Sehun blushes a little but nods before we start walking back.

“Help!” Both of us freeze. We look at each other and Sehun nods before running in the direction the scream came from. We turned left entering a street with shorter buildings, most of them going up only two or three stories. But what surprised me the most was the amount of trees and no cars. The big trees created a comfortable shade on the street.

I look around and the only person I see outside is an old lady who is standing next to one tree and looking up at it. When another cry for help comes, I can see it’s from her. Sehun and I quickly walk over to her.

We stand behind her but she doesn’t notice us. Sehun looks at me apprehensive. I move a little to the left trying to get her to notice me, not wanting to frighten her. It works and she looks at me with tearful eyes.

“Umm a-are you okay? We heard you screaming for help.”

She looks at Sehun before flinging herself at him and crushing him in a hug. I am shocked and I can see Sehun is as well. He stands there awkwardly letting the old lady, who bare reached past his elbow, hug him.

“My poor baby is on that tree.” She says removing one hand to point upwards. “She can’t get down and I don’t know what to do. Will you two nice boys please help me?” she finishes with a wail.

“Of course, we will be glad to help!” I say before quickly moving closer to the tree and inspecting it. It wasn’t one of the biggest trees here but the lowest branches were still out of my reach.

I hear Sehun say something to the lady before he is standing next to me.

“I don’t think I can reach it.” Sehun says and I nod. It was too high for either of us.

“Would you be able to help lift me up just enough so I can grab one? Then I’ll be able to get up and help the kid down.”

I can see he is reluctant but he nods anyway. He helps me up and after some struggle, I am up on the tree. I look around the branches and leaves before I realise that this is quite high up. My fear of heights suddenly overwhelms me and I curse myself for getting into this position. I take even breaths in an attempt to calm myself. Then a sound comes from my left and I finally spot the lady’s “baby”. Despite my fear I can’t help but laugh.

“Luhan? Did you find her? Are you okay?” Sehun’s worried voice comes from below me.

“Y-yeah I-I found her.” My voice is shakey when I answer. I hold the baby securely in my arms and slowly, not looking down descend back to the lowest branch. But I am unsure how to get down from there without crashing straight to my death. No no, bad thoughts don’t think about the many possibilities of injuries and wounds and deaths that can come from people falling from high places.

“Um S-Sehun? I-I don’t know how to get down from here.”

“Can you hold the kid with one arm?”

“Y-yeah.”

“Use your other arm to lower yourself more and then let go. I’ll catch you.”

“I-but it’s too high, and I am too heavy.” I say feeling a shiver wrack through my body.

“Luhan it’s not that high and you are not heavy at all, I will be able to catch you.”

“But-” I try to argue but my throat chokes up. Crap I shouldn’t have done this, I really shouldn’t have.

“Luhan I can do it. What’s wrong?”

“I-I might kind of be scared of heights.”

“What?! Why did you climb the tree then?!”

“It-it didn’t look so high from down there so I thought I could do it. And I wanted to help.

Sehun stays quiet and I wonder if he decide that I am useless and that he should just leave me up here. God I hope not.

“Luhan you can trust me. Okay? You have to trust me. I am right here and I won’t let you fall. I promise.” Sehun sounds very serious and I can’t help but trust him. I sigh before grabbing a hold of the branch just above the one I was standing on. I hold onto it tight before lowering my body. For a painfully long second I think that Sehun won’t catch me and I think I might have out for a moment, because the next thing I remember my feet are safe on the ground and Sehun is hugging me.

“It’s okay shhhh you are down, you are okay. Calm down.” A sob escapes me but soon my shaking decreases and I move away from Sehun. He looks at me confused.

“Where’s the kid?” I give a laugh before i move my arm and show her to him.

“A kitten?” The lady pushes Sehun a little before she takes the small white kitten into her arms.

“Thank you so much sweetheart. Thank you for doing that despite your fear, you were so brave, thank you.” She says finally and moves to give me a warm and gentle hug. I feel like I am in my grandma’s arms and I want to stay like this but the lady is pulling away.

“What can I do to repay you for this?”

“We were just glad to help, you don’t have to do anything.” I say with a smile and Sehun, who is still standing close to me nods in agreement.

“Don’t be silly, you helped me greatly. I want to do something in return. Would you like to come in for lunch maybe?”

I look at Sehun but he just shrugs.

“I’m sorry but I don’t think we have the time. We need to go and find an apartment today. But thank you very much.” I bow in thank you but before I can go she speaks again.

“You boys are looking for an apartment?”

“Umm yes.” Sehun answers. “Do you maybe know if there are any around here?”

“Well I guess it’s your lucky day then. I rent out apartments and I have one empty right now.. Although it only has one bedroom. Would that be a problem?”

I look at Sehun with wide eyes before I turn my gaze back to the lady. .

“No, no it wouldn’t be a problem. Right Sehun?”

He blushes again before stammering a quiet yes. He is so cute when he is embarrassed. I turn my attention back to the lady.

“Umm but how much is it?”

“You don’t have to worry about that sweetheart. I think we will be able to agree on a reasonable price that will be okay for you two.” She says smiling. “Oh how rude of me, I didn’t introduce myself. My name is Haeun.”

“It is lovely to meet you Mrs Haeun. My name is Luhan and this is my friend Sehun.” I say before both of us bow low.

“Such lovely names you have. But please call me grandma Haeun. Calling me Mrs Haeun sounds so formal and cold.” She says with a laugh.

“Now, how about you two boys come inside and check the apartment and see if it suits you.” Grandma Haeun says before going into the building next to us.

I look at Sehun and he sends me a happy smile which I gladly reciprocate.

We enter the building finally daring to hope we have found a place to live in.

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s Note:

Hello sweethearts! I just wanted to tell you how lovely all of you are. My brilliant friend Unnie-Maya and I are so happy that you give us this much support. Every single comment and subscriber makes us so incredibly happy and we just want to thank you for liking our story. Please continue to support our story and we will work hard to make it even better for all of you. Thank you again! Both of us send you lots and lots of love <3