031

▸ Let's keep it a secret

Sehun P.O.V:

 

For most people mornings aren’t their favourite part of a day.

They weren’t for me either, before I met Luhan.

Of course waking up early is pain but when you’re aware that next to you is a person who means world to you, it’s totally worth it.

A shiver went through my body when I remembered last night.

But like a positive shiver.

I could remember everything as if I watched it as a movie.

I remember every kiss we shared that night and every touch we exchanged.

I never thought or imagined what my first time would be like but I’m sure that ours was just perfect.

“Morning” another one of those ‘positive’ shivers goes through my body when I hear Luhan’s sweet and sleepy voice right next to my ear that brings me back to reality away from my deep thoughts.

I look at his adorable morning face and give him a smile.

“Morning” I say back.

Luhan yawns and snuggles against my chest. We’re still so his body gives me a lot of warmth.

We lie and cuddle like this for a good while without saying anything until we hear the postman throwing  letters in through the letterbox.

And we both know very well what kind of a letter is one of them.

This brings me also memories back from the letter we received the other day.

Dorms, Exo M and K, Luhan promoting in China in two weeks time…

I almost forgot about it all for a moment.

But Luhan was right. There’s no use in worrying too much, afterall it’s not the end of the world and we will still be able to keep in touch.

“Should we get out from the bed?” Luhan asks

“Hmm, yeah I think we should, but that doesn't mean we have to” I say and I bring his face up so that I can kiss him.

We share a very long kiss, but also a very passionate one, almost dancing with our tongues but the beautiful moment of course get’s interrupted when my phone starts ringing.

We pull from the kiss and with a sigh I reach for my phone that lies on the nightstand and pick the call up.

“Hello?” I say lazily rubbing my eyes.

“Sehun sweetie is that you?” My heart almost stops when I hear this familiar voice.

“M-mum?” I say with a shaken voice and Luhan looks up at me immediately.

“Why wasn’t you calling? or texting? Anything? Sehun, I was so worried about you, you gave no signs of life, father is worried about you as well. We both are sweetie, how are you doing? Do you eat well? Do you get enough sleep? Do you need money dear? Oh God I missed you so much” She talks so fast and then breaks into a cry I can’t even manage my words out. Also when she mentioned the word ‘father’ my heart ached immediately.

“I-I’m fine mum really, don’t cry please. I was just very busy with training and you know.. a lot was going on.. but I’m okay really.”

“Thank God you are but I need to see you sweetie, didn’t you miss me? Can’t you find some time to come as see your old mother? You can bring that lovely friend of yours, Luhan was his name wasn’t it? Are you guys still friends?  Ahhh, Sehun is so good to hear your voice again” She sobs again and I quickly try to calm her down.

“Okay, Okay, I’ll come. Of course I missed you...like I told you I was just very busy. And yeah.. I can bring Luhan with me.” I glance at him and he’s also looking at me interested with the conversation between me and my mum.

“Oh that’s great! I’ll cook something yummy for today then, come at 2 okay? I’ll have time to clean the house.”

“Yeah.. okay”

“See you then sweetie, ohhh I missed you so much. Take care dear”

“Yeah, you too, bye” I hung up and stare at the wall in front of me for a moment.

“Sehun are you okay?” Luhan asks.

“I-I don’t know”

I literally have no idea how to think about all of this. I feel happy of course that Mum worries and cares about me but on the other hand it’s been so long since the last time I saw her I don’t know how to act and also, I didn’t speak to father for so long… If I told mum I’m debuting she would be as twice happy as me but dad was against it from the very start.. how am I supposed to act next to him? Also.. things between me and Luhan changed…

“What happened?” Luhan asks worriedly noticing how my mood changed.

“Nothing really. Is just that.. you know.. My mum wants us to come over for a dinner today”

“Shouldn’t you be happy? You didn’t see each other for a long time”

“Yeah, I am happy, but my father will be also there.. I don’t know how am I supposed to talk to them”

I suddenly feel Luhan’s hand grabbing mine tightly.

“That’s normal Sehun. But I am sure it’s going to be fine. I’m sure that the both of them will be very proud of you”

“Thanks” I say forcing a smile on my face but I still feel kind of weird.

“Does that mean I will be able to see your baby photos with a pink blanket?” He laughs

“Not again” I say shaking my head but I also start to laugh.  Luhan always manages to cheer me up.

We laugh for a good while but then we fall silent again both of us in our own thoughts.

“Luhan?”

“Yes?”

“Umm.. what about your parents?”

He’s silent for some moment until he finally speaks.

“Well, I’ve not heard from them since I’ve left China”

“Did you try to contact them?”

“No, you see… they have all the rights in the world to be angry at me.. I didn’t tell them that I’m leaving to Korea..they were also against me becoming a singer just like your dad… so  I booked the tickets secretly and left for the plane at night when they were asleep leaving them just a note. I’ve must have really hurt them..” I can hear the pain in his voice as he says this. And I feel really sorry to him. I’ve been always so angry at my dad for not letting me do what I wanted and for my mum for letting father push me and her around but at least I knew they were here just in case.. Luhan’s family is far away, they must also be worried about their son leaving to a different country, and giving them no signs of life.

“Even if they wanted to contact me they wouldn’t be able. I gave them no phone number on the note because of course I had to change my number to a korean and they have no idea where I live either. All I wrote was that I’m sorry but I had to fulfil my dream and become a singer and that I left to Korea. Now when I think back to it, I could at least tell them I love them… I don’t think they’ll even want to hear from me now, they probably forgot they had once a son…”

“Don’t say that.” I say pulling him into a hug.

“I’m sorry Luhan, I was so selfish always nagging about my family problems and never asking about your problems. But you’re wrong Luhan, of course they remember you and I’m sure they would have their arms open for you if you came back home at anytime… Also, you will be going to China for that promoting soon… wouldn’t it be a good idea to call them now and go see them when you’re in China?”

“Thanks Sehun and no you wasn’t selfish don’t be stupid. I would like to see and talk to them… but I’m scared. I don’t know what to tell them either after all this time”

“What about you call them now hm? I’ll be right here next to you”

“W-what? Now? But-”

“Luhan” I interrupt holding his hand once again.

“Trust me. You’ll feel better when you talk to them.”

Luhan looks at me for a good while trying to find a good excuse to get himself out of this but he hasn’t got one so he gives up and reaches for his own phone.

I sit closer to him and nod to him encouragingly to make the call.

He very hesitantly searches through his contacts until he stops on a number saved as ‘home’.

He takes a deep breath in and looks at me with nervous eyes as he presses the number and dials.

Seeing how he hold the phone with a shaking hand I squeeze his other hand, feeling just as scared as him even though I don’t show it.


 

Luhan’s voice dies when he hears a familiar to him voice,

saying ‘Hello?...’