28

▸ Let's keep it a secret

Luhan P.O.V

 

 

 

Both Sehun and I worked very hard over the next three days. Consequently, we barely saw each other, well, when we were both awake. Because of work I would often get back after Sehun’s training and he would already be passed out asleep in bed.

 

Even the mornings we still spent together were quiet and subdued due to the upcoming debut. I am not worried about Sehun. I am completely convinced he will debut. I am not so sure about myself.

Sehun sensed my nervousness, I am sure, but he said nothing, and I am grateful for that. Talking about it would have just made me feel worse.

 

The night before the announcement, which was going to happen before practise on Saturday, I can’t sleep. After over three hours of tossing and turning, I give up on sleep and get up leaving the warmth of Sehun’s embrace.

 

Watching a bit of TV seems like a good idea to distract me at first but there is nothing interesting on considering it’s four in the morning. Still I sit on the couch and stare at some show which I am not focused on so I have no idea what is happening. I am deep in my thoughts so I don’t hear when Sehun joins me. I startle when he wraps his arms around me over the back of the couch.

 

“Sehun! Don’t sneak up on me like that!” I yell at him and hit his arm lightly.

 

“I wasn’t sneaking.” He respond sounding offended. “I was very noisy, in fact.”

 

“You were? I’m sorry Sehun, I didn’t notice.”

 

“Were you thinking about debut?”

 

“No no of course no-” Sehun gives me a look which effectively stops the lie. I sigh with resign. He gives me a gentle kiss on the forehead, arms tightening around my shoulders before he steps away to walk around and sit next to me.

 

“You shouldn’t worry. I am sure you will-”

 

“Don’t finish that sentence Sehun. If you finish it, I might throw up.”

 

“Okay I won’t finish that I am sure you will debut, but you should know I am sure of it.”

 

“Sehun! What did I tell you about not finishing it?” I glare at him but I get a grin in return.

 

“And you didn’t throw up. Yey!” He says cheerfully and I eye him like he’s gone mad. He probably

has.

 

“Don’t give me that look. Now, you will stop overthinking this and we will try to sleep for,” he glances at the watch on the wall, “for another three hours. Thankfully we don’t have to be there before ten.”

 

“I don’t think I can sleep though.”

 

“Yes you can, come on.” Sehun stands up and pulls me with him and then proceeds to drag me back to our bedroom.

 

“I’ll sing you a lullaby to help you fall asleep!” He grins again as he pushes me to the bed and jumps on it to join me.

 

“You can’t be serious.” I stare at him, incredulous.

 

“Oh I am very serious.” And he really is. As soon as he snuggles me against his chest, he starts singing, what seems to be a parody version of some lullaby. His voice breaks on purpose and he sounds awful and I can’t help but laugh at his stupidity. His effort at cheering me up works and I love it. Before I know it, I am finally asleep and my dreams are plagued with a cheerful smile and a funny voice singing.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sehun is already awake and dressed by the time he decides to wake me up. He is smiling gently at me as I rub my bleary eyes.

 

“Come on Lulu, we have to get ready.” He says in a singsong voice and I blush at the Lulu nickname but refrain from commenting.       

 

As I go about getting ready, the nervousness hits me full force. When I step out of the bedroom, fully dressed, I see that Sehun has made breakfast. I sit at the table across from him. Sehun eats, less than usual, but he still eats. I think just the thought of eating will make me sick. Sehun notices that I haven’t touched my food and he scowls.

 

“Luhan you have to eat. You barely slept and if you don’t eat anything, you will have no energy and you will probably pass out.”

 

“I will not pass out, you are exaggerating Sehun.”

 

“You could. You could also get yourself sick if you don’t take care of your body. And what are you gonna do when that happens and you debut today. Well not today but you know what I mean.”

 

“Sehun-” I try to protest and say that I am most likely not gonna debut but he stuffs a pastry in my mouth before I can.

 

I glare at him trying to swallow the mouthful of pastry as he just sits there smiling innocently. After finally managing it, I try to say something but he just stuffs another pastry in my mouth. Or at least he tries, this time I manage to move out of the way.

 

“No we are not talking about this, yes you are eating. Say aaaaahhh~”

 

“Sehun-” I glare at the pastry he is still holding out.

 

“Aaaaah Luluu~”

 

“Okay I’ll eat, just stop calling me that.” I am sure the blush is already covering my face.

 

He just laughs before giving me the pastry. We continue like this for a while, Sehun feeding me, and me blushing and neither one of us says a word.

 

“You know, Sehun, I can feed myself.”

 

“Oh I know. I just find you extremely adorable when you blush Lulu.” And there is that nickname again. I can feel the blush turning even deeper.

 

“I thought I told you not to call me that or I won’t eat anymore breakfast.”

 

“Well that’s too bad, cuz you are already finished eating it.”

 

“Huh?” I blink at him confused before looking down and seeing that what he said was, in fact, true. Damn.

 

Sehun only laughs at my sour expression before getting up.

 

“We don’t have much time, I’ll put everything back in place. Can you go and get our bags from the bedroom?”

 

“Yeah, I’ll go get them.”

 

I move quickly, not wanting to be late for such a big day. But as I enter the living room again, the sight almost breaks my heart. I was so consumed by my own fears and nervousness that I didn’t even think Sehun might be feeling the same. And looking at Sehun now, standing next to the table with a bottle of milk in one hand, staring off into space and biting his lower lip, his eyebrows knitted in concentration I can see that he is.

 

The bags are dropped with a dull thud which makes Sehun look up. I am standing in front of him in a few quick strides. Sehun pulls out a smile for me, but now I know that it isn’t completely honest.

 

“I am so sorry.” The smile disappears in an instant as confusion appears. “Here I am panicking so much that I didn’t even realise you were nervous as well.”

 

‘But I’m not-”

 

“Really?” I stare at him and he stares back and it is a while until Sehun sighs and his gaze drops to the floor.

 

“I don’t want us to be separated. If one of us debuts and the other doesn’t then- then-” He inhales a shivery breath before he is able to continue. “I love being with you, I love eating together, I love talking with you or sitting in silence and watching TV. I don’t know how I would be able to fall asleep without you next to me. I love you.”

 

“No matter what happens Sehun, I love you too. Immensely so. Even if we don’t live here together, that won’t change. We will work everything out. You have to trust me on this.”

 

“Promise?” Sehun’s voice is so quiet and small and unsure that I gently pull him down so I can place a soft kiss on his forehead.

 

“I promise Sehun. I love you.”

 

“I love you too, Luhan.” Sehun then awkwardly coughs and avoids looking at me in the eyes, the blush obvious on his face. “We-we should get going.” I give him a smile and a nod, before we are off to face our fears.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

When we arrive, most of the other trainees are already there. I see Yifan sitting in a corner talking to another boy from China, Yixing. I walk over to them, Sehun following close behind. The two of them greet us as we sit on the ground next to them.

 

“How are you two feeling?” Yifan is the one that inquiries.

 

“Nervous.” I reply and Sehun nods, indicating that he is feeling the same. “What about you?”

 

“Me as well.”

 

“Yup, me too.” Yifan and Yixing both agree.

 

“When are we going to find out who debuts?” I ask staring around the room at all the other anxious faces.

 

“I saw the trainer and Mr. Jung outside talking, so it shouldn’t be too long.” Yixing is the one who replies to my question.

 

‘That’s good.” I say and that is where are conversation ends, none of us having a strong desire to continue with it.

 

It is a good twenty minutes before the trainer enters, Mr. Jung following in after him.

 

“Good morning everyone.” Mr. Jung says with a smile.

 

“Good morning.” A chorus of voices answers him.

 

“I think we shouldn’t stall this longer than necessary. We made a list of twelve trainees who we find the best to debut at this moment. That doesn’t mean the rest of you are worse in talent, you wouldn’t have become a trainee if your skills are lacking, it only means that these twelve are the most ready at this exact moment. The rest of you will continue to train and hopefully you will debut soon as well. Now, even though we had to make a quick decision, we have thought this through thoroughly. I will start calling out the names of those who will debut, when you hear your name, go outside and wait with your new trainer and choreographer, Byeon Woomin.”

 

There is complete silence around us. I feel Sehun’s hand slip into my own and tightens. Mr. Jung clears his throat before starting to read the list.

 

“Kim Jongin.” The said boy looks stunned, his eyes wide and shocked. Someone pushes him forward and he stumbles out of the room, the shocked expression still present. I don’t know why he looks so shocked, he is incredible at dancing.

 

“Byun Baekhyun.” He grins as he stands up and practically skips out of the room. I have to smile at that, glad that both of them had managed to debut and knowing that they deserved it.

 

“Kim Jongdae.” I talked to him sometimes in vocal training. He has an amazing voice, again, I am not surprised that he debuted.

 

“Zhang Yixing.” His eyes widen much in the same manner as Jongin’s. We all give him a smile when he looks at us, before he gets up and leaves the room.

 

“Oh Sehun.” I feel him tense beside me and an unbelievable feeling of happiness overcomes me.

 

“You did it Sehun. I am proud of you.” I whisper to him, my hand tightening for a second before I pull back and push him up to his feet. He looks back at me, uncertain until I mouth a “Go” at him with a happy grin and he finally leaves.

 

“Do Kyungsoo.” Another boy with an amazing voice and big owlish eyes.

 

“Park Chanyeol.” The grin on his face is huge, like always, and the tall giant bounces out of the room in a similar manner to Baekhyun. I chuckle at his antics and Yifan does the same.

 

“ Huang Zitao”  He is Chinese as well, great at martial arts. He looks tough  but he is actually very sweet.

 

“Lu Han.” Wait what? Me? Did I hear that right? I debuted? I turn for confirmation from Yifan and he nods with a grin. I am dazed and I have out or something because I don’t remember leaving the room and finding myself in Sehun’s arms.

 

“You did it. I am proud of you as well. I love you.”

 

“I love you too.” We whisper to each other before pulling away. I look around to find everyone

grinning and Chanyeol and Baekhyun are as bouncy as before. We are soon joined by Joonmyun, who I know has been a trainee for a very long time, and Yifan. I am excited to see him.

“Okay boys, now that you are all here, let’s go and give you the information you will need.” Mr. Jung says as he steps out of the room as well. He walks down the hall and we follow with grins on our face. Sehun moves close to me as we walk and entwines our fingers when he is sure no one is looking. My grin grows even wider.

We are both debuting!

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: First off, I want to say that this story is not finished, there are still a lot of chapters left ^^ Secondly I want to apologize for taking this long to write this chapter. I graduated recently and I had no inspiration nor motivation to do anything. I finally managed to finish this yesterday and I am finally posting it. I want to apologize once more for taking this long, I promise not to do this again, I was just really out of it. I also want to thank you all, from both me and Unnie-Maya for being patient. I really thank you all, you are simply too wonderful. We send you lots of love! <3 - Naoki-the-bunny