22

▸ Let's keep it a secret

Luhan P.O.V


 

That feels so much better. I can enjoy the shower now that that stupid itch which has been annoying the hell out of me is gone. Luckily Sehun was there to help me. And as bonus I managed to get him to be all shy and cute.

 

I smile to myself. Today has been great. The day went from me thinking that Sehun was going to hate me, to the two of us becoming boyfriends and I still have a hard time believing that something this amazing could happen to me.

 

I finish my shower quickly, wanting to spend as much time as I can with Sehun. When I go out of the bathroom, I find  the boy lying on the bed with his head buried in the pillow.

 

I give a quiet chuckle at the sight before stealthily sneaking to the bed. Sehun doesn’t notice me and I feel my face break into a grin. Perfect.

 

I ready myself and pounce onto Sehun. The boy gives out such a lovely scream and I can’t stop myself from laughing. I roll around the bed, tears springing to my eyes from not being able to stop laughing.

 

I feel Sehun move on the bed. I don’t pay him much attention, still in the middle of a laughing fit, until I find myself on the floor. I look up at Sehun glaring.

 

“Why did you do that?”

 

“Revenge?” Sehun answers with a sickeningly sweet smile on his face.

 

I want to say something but even that overly innocent smile manages to melt my brain.


“Luhan?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah, why?”

 

“You’ve been staring at me for a good minute now. You didn’t hit your head when you fell off the bed, did you?”

 

“Nope. But what I have been doing is thinking whether or not your act of revenge was acceptable or not.”

 

“And is it?”

 

“No, it is not.”

 

“Oh and what are you gonna do about it?” Sehun asks with a cocky grin on his face and I match it with my own.

 

“I demand payback.”

 

“Payback? But you pushed me off the bed first. You jumped on me not a minute ago.”

 

“Well I am older, I could have broken a hip. What would you have done if I had broken a hip Oh Sehun?”

 

Sehun stares at me with his mouth open and I laugh at his dumbstruck expression. He shakes his head before answering.

 

“Okay fine, I don’t even want to start that argument, you win. You get your payback. What do you want?”

 

“Hmmmmmm.” I pretend to think it over and I can see that Sehun is getting annoyed.

 

“Anytime today?”

 

“Fine. I want a kiss.” I grin at him and Sehun grins back, a slight blush spreading across his face.

 

“I think I can do that.” He says before getting off the bed to stand in front of me.

I have to tilt my head up slightly and for a brief second I wonder if Sehun would grow even more taller than he is now. But the thought is erased from my mind as our lips touch. It feels so familiar and yet so strange and I think I am getting addicted to quickly. But as Sehun presses harder, I find that I don’t care at all if I’m getting addicted.

 

Sehun moves away too soon for my liking, need for air too great. Stupid air always interrupting.

 

“Sooo. Did you get you payback?”

 

“No, I think you need to do that again.”

Sehun leans back in slowly before giving me a kiss on the cheek. A kiss on the cheek.

 

“What was that?”

 

“That was a kiss, or did your old man I’m gonna break my hip if I fall off the bed brain forget what a kiss is? And you said a kiss. As in one kiss. Me giving you a kiss on the cheek is a, well, you can say a bonus.”

 

Now it’s my turn to gape at him. I give out a huge sigh before slumping my shoulders, acting hurt.

 

“You win. I admit defeat.”

 

“YES! That is all I wanted.” Sehun does a little happy dance which looks ridiculous and I find myself in another fit of laughter. When I calm down I find Sehun struggling to keep his face in a pout.

 

“It wasn’t that bad.” He says and I almost start laughing again. Instead I opt for giving him a huge happy grin.

 

“No no no not at all. It was great, really, the best dance I have ever seen, you should show it to the trainer. Speaking of trainer, we better go to sleep if we want to be well rested tomorrow. Come on dancing machine, off to bed.” I usher Sehun in before going switching off the lights and joining him in bed.

 

We both shift around trying to get comfortable but it’s useless cuz we end up in the same comforting position we always do, with our backs pressed against each other.

 

We lay like that for a while but I can’t fall asleep. This position, as comforting as it is, doesn’t seem so appropriate anymore.

 

“Sehun?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Are you sleeping?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Sehun.”

 

“What? You asked. And I don’t even understand why you asked. If I answered you in the first place means that I am awake. Unless I am asleep and this is only me sleep talking. Yeah that is probably it.”

 

“You are such a brat.”

 

I feel his body shake with mirth as he laughs quietly.

 

“Can I ask you something?”

 

“Of course.”

 

“Well um would you mind um if I - If I hugged you?”

 

“You did not just seriously ask me that.”

 

“Geesh you don’t have to be so mean if you don’t want me to hug you, you could just say so -”

 

“You are so stupid. Of course you can hug me. You don’t have to ask.”

 

“Sorry, I’m not used to being in a relationship.”

 

“Well as a wise old, old, old, extremely old, like thousands of years -”

 

“Sehun.”

 

“-old man once said, you better get used to this.”

 

“Yeah thanks for the advice.” I say before turning around and hitting him in the back.

“Owww is that your way of saying thanks?”

 

“Yes, yes it is.”

 

I snake my arms around his waist, my chest pressed against his back. I have a strong desire to kiss the back of his neck and I can’t resist it. I press butterfly kisses all over the soft skin as Sehun squirms in my hold.

 

“Luhaaaan.” The boy whines. Way too adorable for his own good. “I thought you said we had to go to sleep early.”

 

“I did.” I say in between two kisses.

 

“Well then stop teasing me and go sleep.”

 

“Fineeeeeeeee.” I snuggle against him, my tightening ever so slightly. “Goodnight Sehun.”

 

“Goodnight. Oh Luhan?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“If you broke a hip, I’d carry you everywhere and take care of you.”

 

It takes a while for me to realise what Sehun just said, but when I do, I give out a chuckle.

 

“Good.”

 

I find that I am asleep in a matter of seconds.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I wake up with a jolt and an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach.

 

“Luhan, are you okay?” Sehun sits up next to me and I can see worry etched in every line of his face.

 

“Y-yeah just a bad dream.” My voice breaks. “What time is it?”

 

Sehun reacher for his phone to check. It’s dark outside so I know it’s still pretty early.

 

“It’s four. We have time to sleep some more. Do you want to go back to sleep? If you don’t want to, we can go watch some TV or play a game or something?”

 

I give him a grateful smile and I really do appreciate him being so sweet and nice and caring. How did he become my boyfriend?

 

“We can go back to sleep. Just before that umm I - um would you mind if we didn’t tell anyone about our relationship?”

“What?” Sehun frowns at me and he has all the right to. What I am asking of him is one of the cruelest things I’ve ever done.

 

“I um this dream, I am too scared to even think about that coming true. And if we say that we are in a relationship, this might happen, and I don’t want it to happen Sehun. I am scared of that happening. I don’t want to keep this, us as a secret forever. If I could, I would shout it out for the whole world to know. I am asking if we could not say anything for a while, until everything stabilizes and I am not so much of a coward. Let’s keep it a secret. For now.” By the end of my speech I feel tears flowing down my face.

 

Sehun reaches to wipe them off with gentle hands. The kind gesture only causes me to cry even more so he gives up and embraces me instead.

 

“Okay. We will keep it a secret for now. Just please calm down. I hate it when you are hurting and I don’t know how to help.” Sehun holds me tight as I bawl my eyes out and keeps muttering relaxing words into my ear. After a while I calm down. I feel my eyes dropping and exhaustion hitting me like a ton of bricks. Sehun only dares to speak when I am finally calm.

 

“This dream has really scared you, huh?”

 

“Yeah.” I mumble against his shoulder.

 

“Wanna tell me what you dreamt of? It might help.”

 

“No. Not now. Soon.”

 

“Okay. Should we go back to sleep.”

 

“Yes.”

 

Sehun lowers us back down on the bed and overs us with a blanket. All the while I cling to him, not daring to let him go from fear of him disappearing if I did so.

 

He holds me back just as tight and sleep soon catches us for the second time this night.


Before I fall asleep, I feel the unsettling feeling disperse with the calming beat of Sehun’s heart.