09

▸ Let's keep it a secret

Sehun POV:

 

As Luhan left to the bathroom I stood still in the same place.

I still think I should get a job. I can’t rely on Luhan forever, even though I’m so thankful for everything he’s done for me so far. And I feel bad that he has me on his shoulders but I also knew that winning an argument with him is almost impossible. I’ve led out a long sigh and then I went over to the bed which was left in a mess. I’ve started making it up so that it looks neat and I felt this weird feeling in my stomach when I remembered how Luhan’s hands lied around my waist and how close he was. Yes it felt a bit awkward for me at that time but I wouldn’t mind to sleep this way again. Okay stop Sehun what the hell. He’s your friend. Friends don’t do that stuff and after all it was a misunderstanding. He was just cold.

Somehow it hurted me to think that way. He only hugged me because he was cold it was almost like a reflex that his body had made. If it was a pillow lying next to him instead of me he would probably hug it as well, because he was simply “cold”.

I felt like slapping myself for these thoughts. Why do I care so much anyway?

Once I’ve made the bed look neat I had a quick glance at my phone to see if my mum messaged or tried to call me again but she didn’t. I was half relieved half sad. Of course I miss her. After all she’s my mother and she was the only person I could trust so it made me frown to see that she had gave up calling me, yeah it sounds stupid, I was the one who was cold to her and hang up but I wish she called me to comfort me, to say it’s okay that I want to follow my dream, like she use to say. Not now when she’s on father’s side. What was the point of talking if all she wanted to say was that begin a singer is a stupid idea? I remembered of what I was thinking last night. My dad it at work today until evening so I might just as well get my stuff from home.

I didn’t realize that all my thoughts took long enough for Luhan to finish showering. He came out from the bathroom and looked at me.

“What’s wrong?” I asked begin surprised of his stare at me

“You’re still in your pyjamas” He said

“Ahhh, I forgot to change sorry I was just busy thinking about stuff”

Luhan had a towel hung over his shoulder. His hair were wet and.. I just couldn’t take my eyes off him.

He  walked over to his phone and started checking something and I just stood there looking at him. From the ends of his hair water was dripping behind his shirt and at his neck. I don’t know how to describe it but he looked… attractive? No, more like.. y. Yes, he looked really y at that moment.

“What are you waiting for? Go change, we many things to do today” He said interrupting my thoughts. I shook my head to come back to my normal self and stop these weird thoughts which crossed my mind.

“Ah, uh yeah” I said quickly grabbing the clothes which Luhan prepared for me. I was about to enter the bathroom but I stopped and turned around at Luhan who was still looking down at the screen of his phone.

“Luhan?”

“Hmmmm?”

“I’ll go to my house today before we start looking for the apartament. I want to get my stuff”

He looked up from his phone at me.

“What about your parents?”

“My mother will be at home. There won’t be any trouble with her”

“Do you want me to come with you?”

I thought for a moment. Maybe if Luhan comes with me my mum won’t start nagging for me to stay home as if she would If I’ll come alone.

“Uh, if you don’t mind, It would be nice to have someone’s company”

Luhan gave me a smile and then waved his hand directing me to finally get in the bathroom and change.

~~~~

When both of us were finally ready we made our way to my house. I didn’t message or call my mum that I’ll come. It’s better that way. We had to take a bus and as closer we got to my home the more nervous I got. I just now realized that I’m literally ‘moving out’ of my parent’s house.

I never really thought or planned it. Usually kid’s move out when they finish college, I didn’t plan to move out from my parent’s place because it was alright. I was getting along with my mum, I had my own room and food. I didn’t have someone to live with anyway so it was pointless for me to live alone. Now I’ve got Luhan.

But I never expected that leaving my parent’s house will be so soon.

I looked at Luhan who was sitting beside me next to the window. We shared earphones.

Luhan played me some chinese songs, I never listened to Chinese music before so Luhan was that kind to let me listen to his favourite songs. I didn’t understand anything but it sounded nice.

Soon, we got out of the bus heading towards our destination which wasn’t far away.

We walked in silence for a while before Luhan spoke.

“Is your mum angry at you?”

I shook my head. “Not really. She’s just worried”

“Ah, I see” he answered shortly

It took us another 3 minutes of walk when we finally arrived in front of my house.

Unfortunately I didn’t have my keys so I had to knock.

I tried not be or not to look  nervous even though I really was.

After the two knock I’ve made I could hear someone walking up towards the door.

They opened and my mum who was stood in front of them gasped. And before I could say a word she pulled me into a hug.

“Sehunnie, my baby”

I can’t describe how awfully embarrassed I was, knowing that Luhan is right beside me.

“I came to take my stuff.” I said once she pulled away. Before she could speak I interrupted again

“This is my friend Luhan”

Luhan bowed to her with a warm smile.

She smiled back and moved aside to let us inside the house.

“Come on kids, I’ll make some tea”

I know what she was doing. She’ll be all nice and kind and she’ll make a cup of tea for the three of us to sit down together and then she’ll try to persuade me to stay home. Whatever her plan was I knew that I won’t give in.

So I simply went inside along with Luhan. We both took our shoes off and my mum told us to follow her into the living room. We sat on the couch as my mother went to make some tea for us. Once she came back as I expected a conversation had begun.

Surprisingly though, she began talking to Luhan.

“I want to thank you for letting my son stay over, I was so worried, but I also have to apologise that he’s  a trouble for you”

Great. I knew she’ll bring this up.

Luhan through seemed really relaxed.

“No, really miss. Sehun is my only friend here in Korea. It’s no trouble at all for him to stay with me” He said kindly

“I see, however..” she now turned to look at me “you can’t stay over at someone’s house forever”

“I’m not. And I don’t think it’s your business what I’m doing. I came here just to get my stuff. We’re in hurry so let me just pack my stuff without lecturing me. I choose to leave so it’s my life now” I realized I said it really harshly but I had no choice. She would continue with this stupid conversation and tell me hundreds of reasons of why I should come back home. And I had no intentions to listen to it.

My mother fell silence for  a moment.

“I’m just worried about you.” She said quietly

“I’m fine. I’m doing really great, is that enough? There’s nothing to worry about. I’m doing something that I know will bring me happiness. Begin under my father’s control won’t get me anywhere, so please mum, I’ll go upstairs to get my stuff, we’re really in hurry. If you don’t mind give Luhan some company and sit with him here while I pack  but don’t talk about stupid things okay?”

She just nodded. And with that I left Luhan with my mother and I headed upstairs to my room.

I trusted my mother enough to talk about normal things with Luhan. I hope she won’t tell him to persuade me to go home. I think that what I said, left her with no arguments.

The feeling once I got into my room was a bit strange. It seemed somehow different. As if it didn’t belong to me anymore.

But without wasting time and risking Luhan to experience my mothers evil side I quickly got out a suitcase out of my wardrobe. I packed my clothes, toothbrush, the money that I’ve managed to save over the year and little things such as phone charger, accessories and so on.

I was done in less that 10 minutes which I didn’t expect.

I took a last look at my room before closing the door and making my way downstairs again. I heard laughter coming from the living room.

As I walked in I saw Luhan and my mother sitting together at the dining table drinking tea, eating biscuits and laughing together.  They both looked as if they were in a meeting of 60 year old grannies. I interrupted them with a cough since they hadn’t even realized I’m there.

“Oh Sehunie, I just showed Luhan some of your baby pictures, I can’t believe how cute you was back then”

My wided in embarrassment.

“What the hell mum!” I yelled as I quickly ran over to the table they were sitting and I snatched the photos from Luhan’s hands.

“Heeey I haven’t finished yet” Said Luhan annoyed

“And you won’t” I said putting the old album and pictures away from my mothers and Luhan’s sight. My mother laughed along with Luhan once I turned around with my face red as tomato.

“Come on, we’ve got a lot to do today” I murmured to Luhan

Luhan nodded and stood up from the chair he was sitting. He bowed to my mum

“It was nice to meet you Miss. Thank you for the tea and biscuits it was really nice”

“Oh, no problem dear. Take care of yourself kids” she said

It was surprising that she walked us to the door with no intentions of kidnapping me or even nagging me to stay. It seemed as if she simply  agreed that I’m leaving. But how and why?

“Call me one a while.” She said to me once me and Luhan were ready to leave.

I nodded. And she pulled me into yet another hug.

This time I hugged her back.

“I love you. Don’t get into any trouble, make sure to eat a lot and don’t make yourself tired too much okay?” she was almost sobbing which made me roll my eyes.

“I love you too. You’re acting like I’m moving into another country. Don’t worry I’ll be fine”

She pulled away wiping her wet eyes.

“I’m sure you will. Luhan is a good friend, I trust him to take care of you”

Luhan gave her a smile bowing again. Before we left she also managed to give him a hug as well. Oh god, can she get any more embarrassing?

We finally made it out of the house. She was still stood in the doorways waving at us as we were walking. Finally she was out of the sight and I could finally feel relieved.

“I’m sorry about her. She’s just  too much sometimes” I said

“What are you talking about? Your mum is awesome. She’s really kind and oh by the way.. you looked really cute when you were 3, sleeping with your little pink blanket” He said teasingly

“Yah! It was purple not pink!” I felt myself going red again. I can’t believe my mum showed him my pictures. Yes I was a baby back then but still.

Luhan started laughing seeing my annoyed and embarrassed face.

When we were in the bus he suddenly pulled something out of his jacket. It was an envelope.

He passed it to me.

“What’s that?” I asked looking at the closed envelope.

“Well, Your mother gave me this. She told me to keep it and give it to you until we’re far away from home so you won’t come back to return it. She wanted me to take it because she knew you wouldn’t”

I opened the envelope.

There were money inside it. A lot

I sighed throwing my head back.

“This woman…” I mumbled to myself