Soju

Off Stage

Sorry for the late update! I was busy with school and that so I won't be updating as often as I did but I will be updating, just with bigger gaps. Sorry :(

Tao’s POV

I enter the dorm just as Suho walks into the hallway.

“Tao! What happened?!” He yells in alarm when he sees my bloody shirt.

“I fell.” I tell him.

“And why’re you so late?” He asks skeptically.

“A friend patched me up and we talked. It was nothing much, Hyung.” I say.

“Who?” He raises an eyebrow.

“Tiffany-Noona.” I say.

“She’s nice.” He muses.

“Yes, she is.” I say quietly. “Goodnight Hyung.” I walk past him to my room and collapse on my bed.

*One week later.

“Hey Tao.” A voice says behind me as I walk to practice.

“Yeah Fany?” I smile as I turn to Tiffany.

“Can you come over today for a party?” She asks.

“When is it?” I ask.

“8:30.” She replies.

“Oh, I think I’ll be practicing then so I might miss the party. Will I be able to come afterwards if it’s not too late?” I ask hopefully.

“Of course.” She grins.

“Tao! Get your over here.” Baekhyun shouts.

“Okay Bacon, be right there.” I shout back. “I’ll be there but I’m sorry I’m missing your party.” I apologize.

“See you then.” She lightly squeezes my arm. I give her a smile and walk to the practice room.

“Okay, very well done boys. Next time Chanyeol, don’t step on Chen’s foot.” The choreographer yells after practice. Sweating heavily I exit the room and take a shower. After the shower, I look at my watch 10:45. I quickly get dressed and rush to the exit.

“Hyungs! I’m going out to my friends place!” I shout.

“Take as long as you want!” The manager replies. “You have the day off tomorrow.”

“Thank you!” I bow and rush out the door. I walk down the street when I see the music shop again. I quickly go in and start to look for Tiffany’s favourite artist Leona Lewis {I don’t know who her favourite artist is in real life so just go with this for the story J} I spot the album Bleeding Love and buy it quickly. Half running down the street I spot the apartment building and clutch the album tighter. When I get there I ring on the bell and after a few seconds the door buzzes and I walk in.

“Tao, you’re here!” Tiffany embraces me tightly but something’s wrong; her words are slurred and her cheeks are tinted pink. I look past her shoulder and see 4 soju bottles on the tea table.

“Tiffany, how much soju have you drunk?” I ask pulling away.

“About…4?” She says uncertainly.

“I uh bought you this, thought you might like it.” I show her the album and she brightens up.

“Thank you so much!” She hugs me again. Once she pulls away I go straight to the table and throw the soju out even though one isn’t empty yet. When I turn around she’s already gotten another bottle out of the fridge.

“Nope, no more drinking.” I say taking the bottle away and look in the fridge for more and find 3 more. Tiffany comes to take them back but I hold them high above my head and she pouts.

“That’s not fair.” She tries to grab them again but I put them on a high cupboard out of her reach.

“This is just for your health.” I say, And so you don’t do anything crazy. I finish in my head. Tiffany takes a chair and stands on it, “Be careful.” I warn. She just steps off the chair but falls taking me with her. I look up and see that Tiffany’s face is directly above mine and my eyes unconsciously drift to her lips but I quickly look away and get up. I hold out my hand to help her, “Are you alright?” I ask her.

“Yeah fine.” She says distracted and grabs my hand and gets up. “Promise me that you’ll stay here tonight, please.” She begs all of a sudden.

“Don’t worry, Fany.” I reassure her. She doesn’t look convinced, I hold out my pinky. “I promise I’ll stay here.” I smirk. She hooks her pinky around mine and smiles and her eyes start to droop and she yawns.

“Let’s get you to bed.” I open her bedroom door and gesture for her to go in. As she walks past me she grabs my neck and pulls me to her. Our lips meet and my eyes widen. Smirking, she pulls away.

“Goodnight.” She says.

“Y-yeah goodnight.” I stutter as she shuts the door. I turn away and start making the sofa comfortable enough to sleep on and then I collapse on it and think about the kiss and if she’ll remember it tomorrow.