Dancing

Off Stage

Tao’s POV

You idiot, stop blushing! I curse myself while covering my cheek. Tiffany just smiles at me her music note.

“Well,” I clear my throat, “Do you want some dinner?” I ask showing her the soup I made.

“Yes please.” She takes a bowl.

“Is it any good?” I ask. She nods her; mouth full. Then she swallows.

“Very.” She smiles. We talk for a while until it gets late.

“Goodnight.” I kiss her forehead.

“Goodnight.” She waves.

*The Next Day

“Okay people, I have a very important announcement to make, we will have an extra performance for crazy in love with TTS and three members of EXO, so who will volunteer?” The manager asks. I raise my hand almost at the same time Baehyun and Sehun do, then Luhan hesitantly raises his hand. “Sehun, Tao, and Luhan. Sorry Baekhyun, maybe next time.” The Manager says apologetically.

“It’s fine.” Baekhyun’s face falls.

“Maybe you can switch your roles with Luhan and one of the new girls.” The Manager suggests. Baekhyun’s expression doesn’t change but he nods slightly. I glance at Taeyeon to see her glaring at Baekhyun’s new dance partner. “The rest of you can leave but TTS and the three boys should stay.” Once they’re gone he continues. “Okay, Sehun you’re with Taeyeon, Luhan you’re with Seohyun, and Tao you’re with Tiffany.” He says. I look at Tiffany to find her staring ahead while Taeyeon shoots–now grumpy–Seohyun an apologetic look and so does Luhan to Sehun who’s poker-face is now at work.

“When will the performance be?” Tiffany asks.

“In a few weeks so in that time you’ll have had a small dancing segment already.” The Manager replies, “You two need to go to you’re other practice.” He points at Sehun and I. We both obey and walk to the practice rooms.

“So what do you think about the setups?” I ask him.

“I think Baekhyun will kill me and I might launch open season on deer.” He scowls.

“Hey it won't be that bad, you’ll just have to cope with him dancing with her for half of a minute to one minute.” I say.

“True, but I’ll hate those couple seconds. Can we please try to make the dance not as touchy as our one with the trainees?” He asks hopefully.

“We can try.” I say still very happy about the setup. We enter the practice room and Baekhyun glares at Sehun; if looks could kill, Sehun would be long gone. and start. We practice the whole dance for a few times when the girls come in.

“Hey guys, can we steal you three quickly? You know, to pick our outfits and stuff.” Tiffany says.

“Yeah sure.” Kai says, “We should all take a break.” He says relieved.

“So any ideas?” Luhan asks awkwardly.

“We were talking with the manager and he said to wear some short-ish white dresses.” Seohyun says.

“So we should pick them out with you?” Sehun asks.

“Yeah pretty much.” Taeyeon says.

“So lets see.” I say. They open Tiffany’s pink laptop.

“So here are the ones we’ve decided on so far, can you pick which ones we should pick?” Tiffany asks.

“Sure, I like that one.” Sehun points to a short dress that’s decorated with shiny silver stuff and it’s slightly longer at the back.

“Me too.” Taeyeon smiles at Sehun who gives her a small smile.

“I think we should go with this one.” Luhan says pointing to a dress almost identical to Taeyeon’s but it’s slightly longer on the right side.

“Good choice.” Seohyun grins at Luhan making Sehun’s expression turn stony.

“So which one should we take?” Tiffany asks.

“They’re all so nice so I’ll just pick one randomly.” I close my eyes and pick one; it’s almost the same as the other two but it isn’t really longer anywhere and the dress sort of makes a v-shape at the bottom I bite my lip at how short it is but I say, “I like it.” I force a smile.

“Me too.” She smiles.

“So, is there anything else apart from the dance that you need our help for?” Luhan asks.

“Maybe we should choose the theme of the song like in Great Gatsby and for that, we need a band.” Tiffany says, “Any ideas?” She asks.

“Chanyeol as the drummer.” I say.

“And Lay as the pianist but I don’t know any others, maybe we should hire the other ones.” Sehun finishes.

“That’s a good idea.” Seohyun says.

“Thanks.” He smiles at her.

“Well that’s all, why don’t you guys get back to practice.” Taeyeon shoos us away. When I open the door all five of the trainees break away from a huddle giggling.

“Are you sure about this?” Baekhyun’s partner giggles again.

“Of course.” Mina replies.

“Lets start then!” Kai stands up. We dance like normal until the end where we stop, our faces close again when Mina closes the distance between us and pulls me closer and our lips meet.