What's Going On?

Off Stage

Tiffany’s POV

*A few days later (One Direction have already left)

While I’m walking up the stairs to EXO’s dorm I hear an argument coming from one of the rooms I walk towards it and listen. “Why do you not want her to know about that?” One voice says.

“It’s better she doesn’t find out.” Someone replies, then the door flies open and Tao walks past me and down the stairs.

“Tiffany-Noona, what are you doing here?” Baekhyun asks.

“I just wanted to check up on Tao before I practice.” I say.

“I think you should come back later.” Baekhyun says.

“Okay.” I wave and go to the practice room.

“So how are things with you and Tao?” Sooyoung asks.

“They’re alright.” I say uncertainly.

“Something going on with you two?” Yuri asks.

“I have no idea.” I admit.

“I'm sure it’s nothing.” Sooyoung reassures me and Yuri nods. We continue practicing for a little while until we’re dismissed. I go to EXO’s dorm again, it’s quiet now except for some music being blared from what must be Kai’s room. Tao’s door is open and I can see him rubbing his arm again, I bite my lip, please don’t start this again I silently plead.

“Hey.” I lean on his doorframe. He looks up and immediately drops his arm.

“Hi.” He says.

“Something wrong?” I point at his arm.

“No, nothing.” His eyes flicker around nervously.

“Are you sure?” I scowl.

“Yes.” He says impatiently, “Sorry, I was just going to town to get something.” He gets his jacket.

“I could go with you.” I offer.

“No thanks.” He moves past me but I grab his arm and he flinches, “I’ll see you later,” He pulls his arm away and walks off. I go over to Baekhyun’s room.

“I know you know what’s wrong with Tao. Please tell me.” I beg.

“There isn’t anything to tell.” He says.

“Yes there is.” I say, “What is wrong with his arm, he keeps rubbing it. Was there an accident?” I ask.

“No, there wasn’t.” He shakes his head.

“The what was it?” I ask.

“I already told you, there’s nothing to tell and if you don’t believe me then just ask Tao.” He says, “I’m sorry but I’m going to have to ask you to leave.” He stands up, “And Tao just went out, and he’ll be back soon.” He says.

“Okay.” I leave the room and take out my phone, I call Tao but he doesn’t pick up, I try again but no luck. Then I go to the dining room; luckily Jessica and Taeyeon are there, “Hey.” I sit down.

“Hi.” They both say.

“What’s new?” I ask.

“Nothing really, are you excited for our comeback?” Taeyeon asks and I nod. “Are you okay, because you seem kind of worn out.” She asks.

“I'm fine, just got a few things going on.” I reply.

“What things, you can tell us.” Jessica says.

“Boy problems?” Taeyeon guesses.

“Sort of, I think Tao is hiding something and he’s not answering my calls.” I say.

“Really? He doesn’t seem like the guy to do that.” She says.

“I know, but I think this secret is really important. He and Baekhyun were talking about it this morning.” I say.

“Really? He seemed fine when we were having lunch today.” She says.

“You were having lunch? Aw!” I smile.

“Yeah.” She blushes.

“Ooh Taeng, you really like him don’t you?” Jessica grins.

“What about you and Jjong?” Taeyeon counters.

“Oh right.” Now it’s Jessica’s turn to blush.

“I knew it!” I laugh. We talk for a while until I see Tao come in but when he sees me he quickly goes out again. “One sec.” I run after him. “Hey you, why haven’t you answered my calls?” I ask.

“My phone was off.” He says bluntly.

“Yeah right,” I scoff, “Please tell me what’s happening and don’t lie, I know something’s going on.” I beg.

“You don’t need to know.” He says.

“Well if it’s harming you then I have to know!” My voice rises, “Is it your arm? I know it’s hurting you, maybe I could help it.” I say. He grabs my hand and leads me to an empty practice room.

“You really want to know what’s wrong?” He asks and I nod. He pulls his sleeve back and shows me his arm.