Safe

Off Stage

Tao’s POV

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” Tiffany waves at me. I still feel uneasy about my fans.

“At least let me walk you out.” I say.

“Fine.” She says. I take her hand and walk with her to the back exit. I help her up the wall and she jumps down to the other side. I do the same, just as I straighten I hear footsteps.

“There she is!” Someone shrieks. I look back to see a group of girls running towards us with very angry looks.

“Run!” I shout. We take off, Tiffany gets a bit ahead of me, good, I think. The screams follow us and we speed up. Then I trip and land hard, a pain shoots through my arm and leg as I yell in pain. Tiffany turns around and her gaze lands on me, I see headlights behind her and I only have time to yell her name when the car hits her to the ground. I scream and run towards her, her head his bleeding heavily and her arm is bent at an awkward angle. She’s breathing but she’s unconscious, “Somebody get help!” I shout. The car that hit her is gone, a hit and run. I hear the girls coming up from behind me, I glare at them but they don’t notice. I look around for any more people but no one else is there, it’s obvious that the girls will not call for help so I pick Tiffany up and run to the hospital. My arm and leg are screaming in pain but I keep going. Then I see the hospital ahead and I speed up, I stumble into the entrance and place Tiffany gently onto the bed. “She needs help, she was hit by someone with a car and then they left.” I explain in a rush to the lady at the table. She picks up the phone immediately.

“We have had an accident, send people to the entrance immediately.” She orders. In a minute or so, they arrive and take her away.

“You need help as well, you’re bleeding.” One of them says. They take me as well to room where they put me through an X-Ray and it turns out that my arm is fractured and my ankle is twisted, other than that I have two cuts on my arm and leg but nothing serious. They bandage my arm and ankle and leave me to wait for news on Tiffany. I tap my good leg nervously and pull on my hair slightly trying to think how this could have been avoided; we could have turned the corner, sped up, stayed inside the building, anything instead of crossing that road. I put my head in my hands and keep thinking over everything, then also before that, she could have stayed longer or even the night just to avoid those girls, so many possibilities…

“Excuse me sir, you can visit the girl you brought earlier.” A man says walking up to me. I get up immediately and follow him to her room. I sit down next to her, “So what’s happened to her?” I ask.

“A few cracked bones, her leg and arm will be out of commission for a little bit; they didn’t break thankfully. Her head was hit badly but the skull was not cracked or broken but she will not wake until morning. The crash did nothing to her brain function, not to worry.” He explains.

“Thank you.” I say. He nods and leaves the room, I take her hand and squeeze it lightly. Please be alright, I think as I look at her, face bruised, a bandage around her head, arms, and legs. “I’m sorry.” I whisper. I brush strands of hair from her face. They come in again and ask if I want to leave but if refuse, they disappear from the room and then come back with a tray of food.

“If you get hungry.” The nurse says.

“Thank you.” I smile at her taking the tray. I look at the food, it’s noodles in a clear broth. I taste it and it’s actually not bad, I finish the soup and then find a comfortable position to sit and put my jacket over myself. My eye catches the news that is talking about the weather for tomorrow, slowly I start to fall asleep.