The Dorms

Off Stage

Tiffany’s POV

“Do you want anything to drink?” Tao asks me. I look at his sickly pale face wondering how he can't feel anything.

“Yes please.” I force a smile. I watch him as he goes to the table, once there he grips the table clenching his teeth. He straightens and turns to me with the glasses in his hands but then he falls face forward to the floor and the glasses shatter. “Tao!” I scream running over to him, his hands are bleeding heavily from the glass.

“Get a doctor.” Suho says to Minho and Key. “It must be the champagne, why didn’t I think of that before?” He mutters.

“What about champagne?” I ask.

“I think he was drugged.” He says.

“Drugged?! How?” Onew asks.

“Maybe one of our fans, it’s happened with a lot of other idols.” Suho replies.

“Why do they do that though?” Jonghyun shakes his head.

“I don’t know, all I know is that no one should ever deserve to be poisoned.” Suho says. The doctor comes in and immediately starts working on Tao’s hands.

“What happened?” He asks.

“We think he was poisoned.” I say.

“With what?” He asks.

“This.” Jonghyun walks over with the champagne glass and hands it to the doctor who pours the rest into a tube.

“We’ll find out what’s in it, it should be a simple drug to make the victim faint but we should still check. He’ll be conscious soon, but he’ll need lots of rest.” He says standing up.

“That’s all?” I ask.

“Yes, he has a dorm correct?” The doctor asks Suho who nods. “Take him there.” And then he walks off. Some of the boys pick Tao up and take him to their dorm. I follow them watching Tao’s head loll from side to side. Who could be so cruel as to poison someone, the worst case was Yunho with the superglue and then the other idols who almost drunk that acid which would have killed them.

“Tiffany, I think you should go to your apartment, you’ll be able to see him in the morning, don’t worry.” Kai says.

“Alright.” I glance at Tao one more time and then I head back.

*Next day

“Is he any better?” I ask Suho as I enter the dorm.

“He’s conscious, you can see him now.” He smiles slightly. I walk up the stairs and peek into what should be Tao’s room.

“Hey.” Tao says weakly from his bed.

“Hey, I brought you soup.” I hold up a pot.

“Really? Thank you.” He smiles. “It may need a little heating up, there’s hot water over there, I could–” He starts.

“No I got it.” I cut him off and go to the hot water pot. I fill the soup pot with the water and stir it.

“Thank you.” He says again when I give him the pot. He takes a sip, “It’s wonderful, did you make it?” He asks. I nod, “I guess I should be sick more often for this.” He grins.

“That’s very charming, only wanting the food.” Kai walks past smirking.

“Not only the food, but the beautiful cook that comes with it.” Tao says. I blush at the compliment.

“Alright.” Kai throws his hands up and leaves.

“So Mushroom, what do you want to do?” Tao asks happily eating the soup.

“I don’t know, a card game maybe?” I suggest.

“Good idea, I think I have a pack on that shelf over there.” He points.

“So which card game?” I ask.

“Go Fish?” He asks. He pats a spot on the bed for me to sit and I do.

“Sure.” I start dealing the cards.

“You start.” He says.

“Do you have any…sevens?” I ask.

“Go fish.” He shakes his head. We play Go Fish, Poker, and Rummy. He won most of the time. “What about chess?” He asks when we finish a game.

“Yeah, so has the doctor said anything about yesterday?” I ask.

“It was just a little drug that makes you faint.” He says slightly annoyed. “I kind of ruined the party.” He pouts slightly. I pat his head and then I get up and get the chess set.

“Checkmate.” I knock his king down.

“Shoot, almost got you.” He grins.

“Lets play Battleship.” I say seeing the box. “You have a lot of games.” I get it.

“I know, especially since I get bored easily.” He says.

“4B.” I say.

“Miss, 6F.” He says.

“Hit.” I groan, “You won.”

“Yes.” He grins.

“Lets watch a movie.” I say getting his laptop. “Can we watch Twilight?” I ask excitedly.

“Yeah, okay.” He says. I grin and click on the movie; Twilight: New Moon. While we’re watching it, I keep looking at Tao and see that his eyes are fixed on the screen. “You know, you’re going to miss most of the movie if you keep looking at me.” He smiles down at me. I lightly shove him and he shoves back. When the movie’s done he says, “Edward is an idiot, you don’t leave someone just because your “brother” attacked your girlfriend, that just leaves her vulnerable to more attacks.” He frowns.

“Yeah but it seems sweet enough.” I protest.

“So I’m guessing your “Team Edward”.” He teases.

“No, I’m Team Jacob, werewolves are awesome.” I say.

“And they can't out your blood.” He says.

“True. Have you ever had a girlfriend?” I ask nervously.

“Yes, but it’s nothing compared–never mind.” He says. Compared to what? I think. “Have you ever had a boyfriend?” He asks.

“One, but we broke up ages ago.” I say.

“It’s getting late.” He looks at the clock on his laptop, “I think you should get home before dark.” He says. Protective are we? I smile slightly.

“Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow then.” I take my pot.

“Do you think you can tell me the recipe for that soup?” He asks hopefully.

“It’s a secret.” I wink. He pouts.

“Well, goodnight!” He waves. I glance at his arm again and I can still see the red mark on it.

“Goodnight.” I wave back.