The New Girl

Off Stage

Tao’s POV

“Tao, the manager would like to see you.” Suho says.

“Okay.” I put the book down and go to his office, “You wanted to see me?” I sit down in front of the manager.

“Yes Tao, this is Mina. She’s a new trainee, I’d like to have her do a dance with you on stage.” He says pointing to a pretty girl who winks at me and I smile slightly at her.

“Wouldn’t Lay or Kai be more suited for a dance?” I ask.

“They’re already doing a dance with the other trainees who’ll be in Mina’s group and they’ll debut in a couple months.” He explains.

“Okay, should we start practicing now?” I ask and he nods, “Then lets get started.” I stand up and Mina follows me.

“We’ll be dancing to Beyoncé’s Crazy in Love.” She says.

“That’s a good song.” I say.

“Yeah it is.” She replies.

“We’ll be practicing with the others right?” I ask.

“Yeah we will.” She says.

“So do you know what you’re group might be called?” I ask.

“Not yet, but we’ll get there.” She says, “We have five members though.” She says.

“Well that’s a good starting block.” I say. We get to the practice room and the others are already practicing.

“Hey Tao, we’ve already started thinking of the choreography.” Sehun says. Apart from him, Kai, and Lay, Luhan is also here. We practice for a bit; the dance is quite touchy and I get slightly uncomfortable and I can see that Kai and Sehun are feeling the same as well.

“Well that was a good practice, I’ll see you later.” I walk out the room and jog down to my dorm.

“Hey Tao.” Tiffany smiles at me.

“Hey, did you just get here?” I ask hoping she hasn’t been waiting.

“Yep.” She says. Then she looks past my shoulder, “Who’s your friend?” She asks.

“Oh that’s Mina, she’s a new trainee and we’re going to do a dance together soon.” I say.

“That’s cool.” She smiles but it doesn’t meet her eyes like it usually does. Uh oh I nervously glance at the two girls, “It’s nice to meet you Mina.” She says.

“Nice to meet you too Tiffany.” Mina says. I can almost feel the sparks from both girls.

“Well! I’m going to go for a bit.” I walk past them and into Baekhyun’s room. I lean against the room with a sigh.

“Girl problems?” He chuckles, he’s looking at a SNSD album.

“Which one is that?” I ask.

“Mr. Taxi, Tiffany is looking pretty hot by the way.” He says showing me her card. I give him a look.

“Would you like it if I said Taeyeon was hot?” I ask taking the card away.

“Not really.” He shrugs.

“Yeah, you know those new trainees, well I think Tiffany is not liking Mina too much.” I gesture to the door.

“By “Not liking Mina too much” you mean that she hates her.” He says.

“Nothing that strong but close,” I say, “And I have no idea what I should do, should I go through with that dance or call it off?” I ask.

“You can't call it off, the company wants it so you’re going to have to go through with it but try not to get too involved with Mina.” He says.

“You’re right, thanks Bacon. So how are things with Taeyeon though?” I ask.

“We’ve had lunch together and stuff.” He turns pink.

“See you later.” I leave the room. I go to my room and set the Tiffany card on my shelf. I’ve got to make that collection bigger don’t I? I think to myself. I get ready and check the hallway; both girls are gone. I sneak out the back door and go straight to the music store, I search the shelves for a few albums and I buy a SNSD’s Love & Peace along with one of their posters. I come out of the store with the stuff and quickly run back to the SM building, then Mina comes skipping down our hallway.

“Hey Tao, what’s in the bags?” Mina asks peeking in it.

“Just a few things I bought.” I pull the bag away and set it down in my room and close the door.

“So do you want to have some lunch with me?” She asks flirtingly.

“Sorry no, I already ate.” I lie, “And I’m pretty busy.” That part was true, “I’ll see you tomorrow when we have practice.” I wave while running to EXO’s practice room and there we practice again for Wolf and Growl.

“So this week we’ll have a performance?” I ask Kris.

“Yeah.” He says. I walk out of the room and to the dining room, I grab a croissant and take a bite out of it. I look around the room and on one table; Tiffany is reading a book. “Hey Shroom.” I sit on the empty chair.

“Hey.” She puts the book down.

“What are you reading?” I ask.

“Breaking Dawn.” She says.

“I should’ve known.” I wink, “So maybe later, we can watch the movie together?” I ask hopefully.

“Sure, I’d love that.” She grins.