A Date

Off Stage

Tao’s POV

My eyes droop as we practice for our upcoming stage tonight; always the same thing every day. I wish Tiffany could be here, it would at least make the work more bearable. We’ve been here a week and I already yearn to be back in Korea, every night I watch other stages with the rest of EXO-M and sometimes we watch Girl’s Generation perform including their songs the Boys, I Got a Boy, Gee, Dancing Queen, etc. I also know Kris would like to be back with Sooyoung, while waiting for our turn to go onto stage I flick through the pictures on my phone and I stop at the picture I had taken of Tiffany a few weeks ago.

“Pretty picture.” Luhan says looking over my shoulder, “But you may want to put it away, the fans and the paparazzi are coming.” He adds. I turn my phone off and put it in my locker and lock it securely. We mount the stage and wave to the fans, I see the camera and wink. First we start with Wolf, then Growl, Mama, Let Out the Beast, and Black Pearl. The next week goes slightly like the first one and when it’s time to come back I sigh in relief. We enter the airport to find it crowded like always. We’re swarmed but thankfully we have a small ring of guards but I still feel choked whenever we have this. We arrive safely in the afternoon, the sun just setting creating the beautiful orange sky. I try to call Tiffany but there’s no answer.

“I’m going to visit a friend, make sure no one worries.” I tell Chen who nods. I walk out the building and to Tiffany’s house. I ring the bell and she lets me in, I open the door and I’m pulled into a tight hug.

“You’re back!” Tiffany squeals.

“Hey.” I wrap my arms around her. I inhale deeply and smell soju on her. “Did you start drinking that stuff again?” I sigh pulling away.
“What did you expect?” She asks.

“No alcohol.” I poke her in the side before gathering the bottles; six of them this time. I throw the bottles away and turn back to her, “How drunk are you this time?” I ask.

“Um…” She starts already swaying.

“I’m guessing very.” I grab her hand and pull her to her bedroom. She plops on the bed and takes her laptop out.

“Can we at least watch a movie?” She asks.

“Fine.” I sit down next to her. She opens it to the Vampire Diaries Episode 1.

“I didn’t watch it yet because I wanted to see it with you, but I did watch Breaking Dawn.” She says. The thing begins with someone being killed and there’s lots of screaming as well. We watch up till episode 5 when Tiffany falls asleep. I look out the window and it’s already dark so I try getting up when Tiffany stirs, “Don’t go.” She whispers wrapping her arms around me, trapping me. I close the laptop and put it away, I kiss the top of her head and fall asleep. When I wake up it’s already morning, I check my phone to see that my schedule is free for the day.

“Morning.” Tiffany smiles at me from the kitchen.

“Good morning.” I smile back.

“Eggs today?” She asks.

“Yes please.” I say. I look out the window to find a clear blue sky, it would be a shame to stay inside.

“Breakfast is ready!” Tiffany calls out. We sit at the table and eat in silence.

“You know, I think we should maybe go for a walk in the city, eat something nice.” I say.

“Like a date?” Tiffany asks raising an eyebrow.

“Yes.” I nod feeling the blood rush to my cheeks. She’s silent for a moment and I’m thinking she’ll say no.

“Okay, let’s go, once we’re done eating of course.” She grins. Relief washes through me. We finish eating and then we both put on sunglasses and hats so no one recognizes us. She hooks her arm through mine as we walk out of her apartment.

“Where do you want to go first?” I ask.

“Wherever you want to.” She replies.

“Can we go to the Gucci store?” I ask. She gives me a look, “We’ll go into a shop of your choice.” Still nothing, “I’ll pay.” I say.

“Okay.” She grins, “Kidding, I can buy them myself.” She says.

“No I’ll do it.” I reassure her. We make it into the store and I look around wondering what I want to get then I see it; a black leather wallet. I go to it and pick it up, perfect weight and size and a good price on top of it. I take it to the counter and buy it.

“Thank you for stopping by.” The cashier lady smiles at me.

“Thank you.” I smile back, I go over to Tiffany, “Where do you want to go?” I ask. She points to an Abercrombie&Fitch place. As soon as we’re in the shop, a guy who probably works here approaches Tiffany.

“Hey, how may I help you?” He grins at her.

“I’m fine, thanks.” She says. I wait until she finds something and she does; a light pink wool jumper. She brings it to the counter and as she digs in her bag for her card I already give the lady mine. “Yah, I said I could buy it myself.” She nudges my arm as we walk out the store.

“This is my treat, and you can always pay for lunch.” I say, “Kidding, I will.” I say.

“No, the food will be my treat and I’ll pay.” She says, “And don’t even try to pay.” She narrows her eyes at me.

“Okay, okay.” I say putting an arm around her shoulders, “Where do you want to eat?” I ask.

“The burger place over there?” She points.

“Sure.” I say. When we get there, we both order a cheeseburger.

“I heard you’re having a comeback, mind telling me what it’s called?” Tiffany asks.

“Not at all, it’ll be called ‘Overdose’.” I say.

“Cool.” She smiles.

“Yeah, what about yours?” I ask.

“Mr. Mr.” She says.

“Can't wait.” I grin. We eat in silence until we’ve finished everything.

“Let’s go to the park.” She grabs my hand dragging me away.

“Slow down a bit.” I call. She does, slightly. I spot a pink flower and pluck it, “For you.” I bow low presenting the flower.

“Thanks.” She smiles.

“You’re welcome.” I say.

“So how was it in China?” She asks.

“It was good, but tiring.” I admit, “How was it last week when you weren’t preparing for your comeback.”

“Fun, but also tiring.” She says.

“When did you started drinking soju again?” I ask.

“Only yesterday, I was really bored and I wanted a little something which lead to a bit more than planned.” She says.

“A bit?” I chuckle.

“Okay, a lot.” She sticks her tongue out at me. It slowly starts to become dark as we walk.

“Should we get going?” I ask.

“Yeah we should.” She nods. We walk over to her place, “Goodnight, I had a nice time today.” She gives me a kiss on the cheek.

“I did too, we should do it again sometime.” I say.

“We should.” She nods. I quickly lean down and kiss her, “What was that for?” She asks blushing.

“I couldn’t finish my goodbye at the airport.” I say, “Goodnight.” I wave.