Chapter 22

We Were There

Finally a new chapter!
Busy busy busy at school, but I took some time to write :D
Do not worry, I am still continuing this story,
but sometimes I am really slow..
I write, reread and rewrite my chapters before posting,
minimalizing the typing errors and other things,
so sometimes it takes some time, but everything to make
the story better to read :)
Well, as promised, I would put a new character in it,
but since I wanted to please all the readers who took time
for my poll, I decided to change my initial idea a little.
That means we will have more new characterssssss! :D
Of course, we have Sungjong, but I also put some
surprise charcters in this chapter, and they willc ontinue to
appear, do not worry ;) I hope you enjoy! :D
Tinywings

P.S. I fell in love with Sungjong in this chapter.. O_O Oh, just a fact, my birthdate is the same as Sungjong's :D!! Yeah, i had to say it XD


-----

“YA, STOP MESSING WITH ME!”

These bastards call themselves my friends? Unbelievable. Once again I threw them a deadly glare before walking to the door.

“I am leaving!”

However, one of them could not leave himself to remark one more thing. As always, it has to be Nam Woohyun to have the last word. Really, so much for friends.

“Ya, you are still wearing the costume! Hahahaha!”

I slammed the door closed and walked away with big steps. The murmurs surrounding me did not escape my attention though, but I already got used to that. I sulked as I thought about what had just happened. They once again asked me, no, forced me to wear these hideous costumes. They just wanted to see if boys could wear these clothes, at least that is what they were trying to make me believe, but I know very well that they are doing this for their own entertainment purposes. They just wanted me to wear it.

“Aish, so frustrating…”

Here I am, looking like a complete fool walking around the school with this horrible costume. Well, at least I have the courage to walk around like this. I heaved a sigh as I continued to walk mindlessly through the school. It was stupid to walk away like this, when I thought about it carefully. I should have at least grabbed my clothes before walking away handsomely, but of course, that is something you only think about after you have done something.

I was about to turn around the corner, when I bumped into someone. Luckily, I did not fall on the ground, but the other one did. If I was not this pissed, I would have helped the person, but since I was still angry, I could not stop myself from saying some harsh things to the person.

“Ya, watch where you are walking! You are not the only one walking here!”

Even though I said this, I could not help but remember that I, too, was walking around without being aware of my surroundings. However, of course I was not going to give in. I was never the kind of person to say I was at wrong. When the person stood up, I could identify that she was a girl, and guilt struck me. I should not have yelled to a girl like that.

“I am sorry.”

“Ah-” I began as I scratched the back of my head apologetically, “Sorry, I did not meant to yell at you.”

A small smile crept on her lips.

“No, it is okay.”

At least she did not take it by heart. Maybe she had something bothering her too, seeing the look on her face. Well, I was not going to mingle myself with other’s lives, and definitely not with someone I did not know.

“All right then.”

Silenced filled the hallway as we both remained silent. I scratched the back of my head as I thought about something to say.

“Ah, I forgot to introduce myself.”

I said as I extended my hand to her.

“Ah, wait,” I said as I took of the hideous wig, “Lee Sungjong is the name.”

-

When the person in front of me took off the wig, I was dumbfounded.

“Ah- ah boy?”

I really thought the person in front of me was indeed a girl, even though I did suspect his voice for a second. But the scariest is that he looked both pretty and handsome. He looked pretty when he was wearing that wig, but he also looked really handsome when he took the wig off.

“W-why?”

“Aish,” He said as he ruffled his hair, “I knew people would misunderstand.”

“You… You like to wear girl clothes?”

I asked as I inspected his female costume. After I took a close look of it, I realized it was a plain maid costume, but nevertheless, it was weird to see a boy wearing this at school.

“What? NO!”

He yelled loudly, causing my heart to beat faster in fear.

“Aish,” He said with his normal voice again, “why would I want to wear this? Really… Just because I said I would look good in them…”

A small laughter escaped my mouth as I listened to his rant.

“W-what? You said what?”

“This girl, really,” He sighed as he gave me an irritated expression, “you really do know how to get on someone’s nerves.”

“You just say hilarious things I cannot stop myself commenting to.”

A sarcastic smile appeared on his lips before he gave me a deadly glare.

“Shut up.”

“I do not want to.”

“I said,” He said in a much more intimidating voice this time, “shut up.”

“No.”

Really, this was so much fun. The expressions he showed as I irritated him, they were priceless.

“Arghh, this girl is killing me!”

A bitter smile appeared as I remembered why I enjoyed this so much. He resembled Sungyeol in some way, and I could not stop myself from being drawn to this person in front of me. He seemed to have noticed the sudden change of my expression, and gave me a concerned look.

“Ya, are you sick?”

An awkward laughter came out of my mouth as I shook my head slightly.

“W-what? No, of course not.”

“I see.”

A frown appeared as he continued to watch me. I looked away, feeling uncomfortable with the way he looked at me.

“What is your name?”

He asked, trying to get rid of the awkward silence that was starting to surround us.

“Minhee,” I said as I turned to look at him, “Shim Minhee.”

“Nice to meet you,” He extended his hand as he continued, “Minhee-sshi.”

“Yes, nice to meet you, Sungjong-sshi.”

I replied as he shook his hand gently.

“You still have not told me yet why you are wearing these clothes.”

A sudden amusement consumed me again as I recalled the reason for this conversation. I could see that he was not pleased with the topic, but he still continued after a deep sigh.

“My friends forced me to.”

“I see…”

I said, but he obviously was not pleased with the way I was saying it. I admit that I did say it in a somewhat teasing manner, but you could not completely blame for that, when a boy just said he got forced by his friends to wear boy clothes. He obviously looks like he is not bullied, so it was only weird for his friends to say something like that.

“It is because I once said I look prettier than a certain girl group.”

“G-girl group?”

He glared at me before continuing. I did not comprehend his words fast enough, it seems.

“I said I looked prettier than SNSD if I were to wear girl clothes.”

I burst into laughter as I realized what he just said. Did he just say that he would prettier than those girls from SNSD? Like really, did he, as a boy, really said something like that?

“I knew I should not have told you.”

He said with gritted teeth as he watched my reaction.

“Ah,” I tried to compose myself again, but failed miserably, “I- haha, I just can-not be-haha-lieve that you really-haha said something like that.”

“Aish, just laugh. I did not expect you to understand it.”

My laughter gradually silenced as his words hit me. The immature me, it was such an embarrassing sight. If only I took a little time to realize he was only being open to me, and that it took him a lot of courage, I would not have laughed like this. Once again, I got carried away. Once again, I had to be remembered that not everything can be closed with a smile.

“I am sorry.”

He shook his head uninterested.

“No need to.”

“But I mean it.”

“You should.” A smirk appeared on his lips as he spoke. “For acting like that, you should.”

“I apologize-”

“But,” He continued with a small smile, “I cannot really blame you. If I were to hear you say that you said you think you would look handsomer than Super Junior when wearing boys’ clothes, I would have certainly called you stupid.”

We both laughed at his comment. I was incredibly grateful that he did not take it by heart, since I did not want to hurt him. As long as he did not misunderstood, then everything is fine. It does not have to mean that he understands me, but that does not matter.

“Sungjong-sshi, why did not you change your clothes before walking around the school?”

It seems I once again asked the wrong question, because his face showed unexplainable irritation.

“I just walked away to keep up my pride.”

“I-I see…”

“Maybe I should go back after all. They should be gone now.”

He said as he touched his hair, trying to lessen the horrible results of wearing a wig for too long.

“Well, bye.”

He said coolly as he turned around, but I quickly stopped him.

“W-wait! In which class are you?”

It made me wonder why I even asked, because certainly the chance was small I would see him again soon, but at least I wanted to know where his class was.

“Secret.”

He said with a playful smirk before walking away. I sighed as I looked down to my shoes. Of course he only thought of me as a stranger. It was futile to think that he would want to speak to me again.

“12th grade, class B, classroom 507, third floor.”

He said as he stood at the other end of the hallway, wearing an amused grin. My eyes widened while I saw him walking away, and I could not help myself but smile as I realized he did not ignore my question.

He surely would think I was stupid, if he knew I was so incredibly grateful of his niceness, but that is just how I was feeling right now.

-

“Sungjong-ah, are you really still mad at us?”

A sigh escaped my mouth as Woohyun continued to ask me the same question with in an overly cute tone.

“Ya! How many things do I have to tell you that you should not talk to me with that disgusting tone of yours! It scares the hell out of me!”

Woohyun was instantly silenced and walked away from me, which I was grateful for. However, the rest seemed to have some other plans than leaving me alone. They were good friends, sometimes that is, but really, they are so bothersome sometimes.

“Sungjong-ah, we just wanted to see…”

Sunggyu, the oldest said while shaking my arm lightly. I had to count to ten to stop myself form snapping. They really did not know when to stop, did they?

“We should not have asked you to dress up like that in the first place, sorry.”

Byunghyun suddenly said, startling us all. He never said much when one of us was angry, so it was a surprise to hear him talk suddenly. However, he was always the one who knew what to say, and I was grateful for that.  

“I am glad at least one person understands.”

I said as I took place beside Byunghyun. Then I noticed that someone was missing.

“Where is Chanhee?”

Woohyun and Sunggyu shrugged their shoulders, so everyone’s eyes were turned to Byunghyun, who always seem to know everything about Chanhee.

“I do not know either.”

Byunghyun said matter-of-factly, but then raised an eyebrow.

“And why should I know?”

We all laughed as we realized what he just asked. As always, Byunghyun is Byunghyun.

“You and Chanhee are such good friends, so of course it is you.”

“Psst,” Byunghyun scoffed as he grinned, “I am good friends with you all too.”

“We know,” I replied as I put an arm around his shoulder, “you are the best, Byunghyun. We know.”

“Yeah sure.”

Woohyun said, earning a glare from both me and Byunghyun. But before it could break into another fight, someone opened the door. We all thought it would be Chanhee, but it turned out to be a girl. It seemed she was looking for Woohyun, because her eyes were boring into his.

“Long time no see, Woohyun oppa.”

-----
And, is everyone pleased with the characters? :D I had to put Chunji in it XD However, it felt weird to only have Chunji in the friend group, so I added L.Joe too. :) And who could the girl be? :D