Chapter 13

We Were There

Hello!
I finally got to post a chapter!
Really, I wanted to finish my sequel from 'Finding love in memories',
(the titel will be 'Finding him through memories') but the story got
more complicated then I thought it would. Therefore, I could not
write this story without having my mind filled what that story.
I will not post that story before I have finished it, because I am
changing too much of it too often. However, I will let my 'We were there'
readers be the first one who can read a preview of it! :D
(At least, I hope you like it :D If not, you can skip it and read the chapter :).)
Here we go again!
Tinywings


-----

Finding him through memories
A year later, Taemin comes back to the house,
meeting the one person who can explain everything.  


“Taemin, your coming of age day is coming, right?” Minho asked as he took place next to Taemin on the bar. Taemin simple nodded, not tearing his eyes from the glass in his hand. His friend felt a rush of pity, messing his calmness. Minho knew what had made the younger like this, he knew it really well. Matter of fact, they all knew what had happened with Taemin in that house. Lee Jinki has been by his side from time to time, trying to entertain him and to help Taemin let go of the past. Kim Kibum, our diva, goes from shopping to karaoke, just to get the younger to smile again. As for me, I was never the person to console someone, so I just stayed by his side quietly, keeping him company. I gave him the silence the others do not give him. However, there was one person who was still swimming in regret and guilt, and that was no other than Kim Jonghyun. I know he must think it is entirely his fault that our friend has become like this, but we have made it clear to him that that is not the case. However, as he always had a weak heart for Taemin just like us, he cannot help but to do his utmost best to make our once bright Taemin come back again.

-----


I reluctantly put the CD in my computer, not really wanting to see it. It has been days since the amusement park, and I thought it was about time to have a look at the CD. However, I was surprised to see a document on the CD. I quickly clicked on it, curious as to what may be in it. My eyes widened as I read the text.

I knew you would watch the CD,
I know you too good.
Since it is summer break,
and I know you almost have no friends to go out with,
you can call me when you want, dear.


This arrogant boy… Never failed to make me laugh. I scrolled down to see his number, hesitating whether to call or not. There was a high possibility he was playing a prank on me, and that this number was fake or worse, someone else’s. However, since I wanted to see him, really wanted to see him, I cannot help but to wanting to give it a try. I could feel myself getting anxious as I called him.

“Hello?”

His smooth voice asked, clarifying that this was indeed his phone number.

“H-hello? I am Minhee.”

His chuckle sounded just as beautiful on the phone as in real.

“Miss me already?”

“And what if I am?”

“Then you should be happy that I gave you my number.”

Of course I am. How could I not be happy? You have no idea how happy I am, Sungyeol, that you gave me your phone number.

“So, are you free today?”

“T-today?”

I never thought I would be able to see him instantly. Sungyeol never fails to surprise, and I know very well that I like it, a lot.

“Why not? I will see you at my place, okay?”

Before I could even answer, he already hanged up. But even so, a smile crept on my lips as I realized I was going to see him today. Everything is alright, as long as I was able to see him.

-

I nervously pressed the bell, quickly fixing my clothes as I waited for him to open the door. Did I choose the right outfit to wear? I always wear these clothes, but today, I am extremely nervous that he may say I do not look good in it. Love, makes you a complete fool, yes.

“Hey,” He casually said as he opened the door, “let’s go.”

He said as he closed and locked the door, giving me time to look at him. In my eyes, he looks handsome whatever he wears, but these casual clothes were only pointing that out more. He smirked as he noticed my stare.

“Handsome, huh?”

I scoffed before tearing my eyes from him.

“As if.”

He only smiled, but you could see he knew he was right.

“What are we going to do?”

I asked as we walked side by side. Sungyeol gave me a playful smile.

“Date.”

That word made me warm inside, and I could not stop myself from smiling brightly upon hearing it. Even though he may be playing with me again, I cannot stop the growing happiness inside of me. He must have noticed the happiness all written on my face, because a teasing grin appeared on his lips.

“That happy?”

“Very happy.”

I answered honestly. Sungyeol sighed defeated before grabbing my arm.

“Let’s go for a run.”

He said while smiling warmly to me. The weather was not that nice, the place was not beautiful, but still I could not help but think I was in a movie. I think every girl will at least dream of this scene, where the person she loves will grab her and take her somewhere. That moment of excitement, happiness, is something that everyone will once want to feel, experience. Even when the surrounding is not like that of a movie, at least in your heart, it definitely is.

“Tada!”

He said proudly as he showed me the beautiful surrounding. My eyes widened instantly, and deep inside I was not sure whether I was over exaggerating or not, because I was never the type of person to get excited over the beauty of nature, but maybe the fact that Sungyeol was with me changed that. In fact, everything that I used to ought as simple, seems so much more than ordinary when I am with Sungyeol. That is right; he has the power to change everything special in my eyes.

“You like it?”

He asks, eyes shining full with expectation. I nodded eagerly, not wanting to disappoint him with lack of response.

“It is great.”

A happy smile formed on his lips as he heard my response. He looked so childishly happy, it warmed my heart.

“I always came here… With Yoona.”

My smile instantly fell as I heard her name. Even though she is not with us anymore, even though being jealous of her is futile, I could not help but feeling envious. For sure, Sungyeol and she have share so many memories I will never be able to create with him, and it is the question whether or not our memories will ever be able to win from those. Sungyeol loved, no, loves her so much, how can I not envy her?

“Yoona, what kind of person was she?”

My voice was awfully quiet all of a sudden, but fortunately Sungyeol did not think too much of it. The warm smile he wore as he thought about the past, pains me.

“She was beautiful, pretty, slightly dumb, good at sports but she failed when it comes to school. Unlike her sister, who is a genius, really. However, in my eyes,” He looked at me with shining eyes, “she was perfect.”

Yoona, I envy you so much. In Sungyeol’s eyes, you are perfect. Even though you may not be perfect in everyone’s eyes, to Sungyeol, you are perfect.

“Do you still have pictures of her?”

I asked randomly, hoping he would laugh and say no. But when he grabbed his phone and showed me his wallpaper, it was as if my heart fell.

“This is her, Im Yoona.”

I have never once seen someone as beautiful as her, never. Everything about her screamed perfection, really. She looked like an angel.

“She is beautiful…”

“Yes,” He said as he looked at the picture, “she is.”

He pressed some buttons and when it asked him if he wanted to delete the picture, he pressed yes. My eyes widened as I realized what he did.

“W-what did you do!”

“Deleting something irrelevant.”

He said while wearing a serious expression, but I did not understand it. How could that picture be irrelevant, when he has been using it as his wallpaper all this time?

“How is it irrelevant?”

I know Sungyeol said she betrayed him, that she lied to him, but Sungyeol, you still love her. How can she be irrelevant, when she means so much to you?

“For me, the past is irrelevant.”

“Do not lie, Sungyeol, because you know very well that you are lying to yourself.”

“Then at least, let me try.”

We looked each other in the eyes, and I used it as a chance to seek his uprightness. I wanted to find it in his eyes, so I could believe him.

“Minhee, I want to try.”

He said as he suddenly hugged me tight. I could feel the walls I had been trying to build crushing down one by one. All that was left was a heart that was screaming to help Sungyeol, to support him, to believe him. I knew my wariness would not stand a chance when it comes to Sungyeol, but I had foolishly tried. I could not find anything in his eyes to confirm anything, no, I did not even searched for it in the first place, because, honestly, I knew what my answer would be anyway.

“Alright.”