Chapter 11

We Were There

Hello, I am back!
After a week of partying and meeting new people,
I finally have the chance to take a rest and update my story. :)
I also want to finish my sequel for my oneshot,
and I think I will be posting the first chapter soon. :)
From now on, you will find out why Sungyeol and Minhee
encounter so many struggles.
How the one wants innocent love, as the other wants to find
his old lover.
So, here we go!
Tinywings


-----

“If I were to ask you if you want to look for happiness together with me, what would you say?”

Sungyeol, if you were to ever ask me to look for happiness together, I wonder what I would say. Would I really say the words I said that moment, I doubt it. Truthfully, I wonder if it would have made a difference, if I had said I would not know what happiness is.

To be truth, my definition of happiness is living carefree and smiling all the time, but I wonder if it really is happiness. Blissfully happy, truly happy, unconditioned happiness, I wonder if I will ever be able to find that, and even be able to have the courage to accept it.

However, I already decided the moment I confessed my feelings, that I would not waver when it comes to Sungyeol. Only Sungyeol can give me the overflowing confidence I need to hold onto something dear to me. Sungyeol, you give me the strength to hold onto you.

It is almost ridiculous as to how fast I fell in love with, to the point that I cannot think of a world without you. I wonder what I would do, when you where to ever leave my life. I wonder if I have what it takes to let you stay with me forever. Honestly, Sungyeol, I do not know what to think about you. One moment, you are the cheerful Sungyeol everyone loves, but the other moment, you seem so mysterious and unreachable.

I sighed as I watched Sungyeol at the other side of the classroom, playing around with his friends. Nowadays, whenever he is around, my eyes would only be fixed on him. When he is not around, I would always wander around, hoping to see him appear from somewhere. Even to myself, I sound like a stalker. Truth to be told, I hate this side of me, always wanting to see a person so much. Even though I really, really want to see him, it always makes me feel like I am weak. This unrequited love, I wonder how long it will less.

“Minhee.”

I turned around to face Amber.

“Yes?”

“Since this is our last week of school, everyone wanted to go to the amusement park together. I was just wondering if you were going.”

“I see. When is it?”

Amber turned around smoothly to ask another classmate about the details and quickly faced me again with a big smile.

“Next Tuesday.”

“Sure.”

I said with a smile. As far as I know, I have nothing planned that day.

“So, you are going? Alright!”

She said brightly. She began to talk to me about all the attractions we can ride on, and slowly I began to forget about everything else. Empty my Sungyeol-filled head, I never thought I would be able to do that. Surprisingly, it makes me feel relaxed. When summer break comes, I will not be able to see him for some time. I wonder if I would think non-stop about him… Maybe I should take a part-time job this summer, so my mind will not be full of him. I laughed as I realized my mind is once again full again of Sungyeol. Shim Minhee, you cannot be saved anymore.

-

“Minhee, over here!”

I looked around and waved excitedly as I found Amber. Most of them were already here at the entrance of the amusement park, but I saw there were still some people missing, like Sungyeol. Amber smirked interestedly as she noticed my wandering eyes.

“Our great Casanova is not here yet.”

I was sure the embarrassment could be read from my face on that moment.

“W-who said I was looking for him?”

“Your face said.”

She said amusingly while pointing at my now burning face.

“What? Are you falling for our Lee Sungyeol?”

Falling? I already fell in love with him. Even though I love him, I do not dare to think he will love me back. Sungyeol, for me, is too difficult to understand. Whatever he says, it seems to me as if he is implicating something. It is as if my words… Does not reach him fully.

“It is hard not to fall for him.”

I sincerely answered. For me, after confessing, there is no need to lie or hide my feelings. Amber nodded comprehensively.

“True. Even though he is a complete playboy in my opinion, he has his charms.”

“I must be stupid for falling for him, not?”

“I would not call it stupid, because can you choose who your heart beats faster for? Can you let your heart beat faster for the person you want? That is what they call ‘love is blind’, right?”

I nodded happily at her words. Only Amber could make me at ease with her comforting words. Her confidence is like magic.

“There you two are, Sungyeol, Myungsoo!”

My eyes instantly searched for him. My heart could not help but to beat faster as I saw him.

“Sorry, I am late. Myungsoo did not want to wake up.”

Sungyeol playfully pushed Myungsoo as he talked. Myungsoo gave him an indignant look.

“As far as I know, someone stayed up all night doing who knows what, and could not even be woken up with a bucket of cold water.”

“Aish, Sungyeol, you are always like that.”

Sulli said while wearing a lovely smile. Choi Sulli is the beauty in our class, really. She is pretty, cute, nice, polite, smart, a born leader; everything to make her perfect in every girls’ eyes. And for the boys, she is the perfect girl to have as a girlfriend. She is even a good friend of Amber, but I do not get to talk to her a lot. It is entirely my fault, though, as I was never someone to talk a lot, especially when it comes to people with so many good things that I do not possess.

“Amber, here is your ticket. I am expecting you to ride the scariest rollercoaster with me.”

Sulli said as she approached Amber with the ticket. Amber thanked her with an amused smile.

“You are so going to cry this time.”

“We will see. The last time, it seemed to be the other way round, though.”

She teasingly replied.

“Ya, that was-”

“Here is your ticket, Minhee-sshi.”

She said politely, cutting Amber off. She too, has this amazing presence that draws people.

“T-thank you.”

“Ya, Choi Sulli, I am talking to you!”

“Not hearing you, not hearing you.”

She teasingly continued while giving the other students their tickets. Amber sighed frustratingly.

“Why is she always like this?”

“Amber, you are just so easy to tease.”

Amber gave me an unhappy expression.

“Your prince is coming this way.”

She said uninterested. I turned around to face Sungyeol. Unconsciously, my heart began to beat faster. Just seeing him standing in front of me, can make me this happy already.

“Hello Minhee,” he said as he handed me a CD, “here is a little present for you. It is… Something memorable I think.”

“Memorable, you say?”

I gave him a puzzled look as I accepted the CD, but then it hit me what it could possibly be.

“You did not…”

I said with my eyes wide open in shock. He grinned from ear to ear as he saw my face. He moved his face next to my ear.

“You really thought I would delete something as great as that?”

He whispered amused in my ear.

“Have fun today, Minhee.”

He said before walking away. Amber was staring at me full of surprise.

“A CD?”

She asked while pointing at the CD.

“Ah yes, he wanted to introduce a good singer to me.”

I quickly lied as I put the CD in my back. Lee Sungyeol, you are horrible.

“I heard the song as we worked at the project in the internet café.”

“I see.”

She said while looking at me. Then a playful grin appeared on her face.

“Working together must have been memorable, huh?”

She said teasingly. How am I going to lie myself out of this? Thank you, Lee Sungyeol, thank you very much.

“I-it is more that I get to know him better. There is no way that it could be memorable for him.”

The time we spend, I wonder if it meant the same for him as it means to me. I want to believe, but I am scared to overestimate anything when it comes to him. When it is about him, I can get incredibly insecure.

-

“I cannot take it anymore, Amber, you go on your own…”

I said tiredly as we just went into the sixteenth rollercoaster ride. Amber gave me a concerned look.

“Are you alright?”

“What do you think?”

I said while acting to be angry. However, my expression softened as I saw her apologetic face.

“Just kidding. You go ride those roller coasters with Sulli, I will wait here.”

“You sure?”

I gave her an assuring nod. She smiled before walking to Sulli, who was standing in the queue for the next ride. I sighed tiredly as I looked around. My eyes were instantly in sharp mode when I saw Sungyeol. He seemed to have noticed me, because he walked into my direction.

“You look like you have been riding non-stop.”

He said while approaching me with his hands casually in his pockets. He swiftly moved his head to fix his hair.

“You had your hair done.”

I said upon noticing the change. It fits him good, though. But, in my eyes, everything looks perfect on him. 

“You only noticed now? Tsk, and that when you always stare at me.”

“W-what do you mean?”

“You think I did not notice that you always stare at me when I am around. I must be really attractive, is it not?”

He said with a playful smirk. Embarrassment was taking over me; I knew I would look like a stalker.

“But,” he said while giving me a gentle smile, “that is just how it is, is it not?”

“Sungyeol, I love you.”

“So you are not angry?”

He laughed at my comment.

“Angry? Minhee, it is normal for me to have girls staring at.”

I gritted my teeth upon hearing his ridiculous comment. This guy… There are simply no words for the immense amount of self-confidence he has. But even though he is like this, just talking to him makes me happy. Even though he may be only joking with me, just hearing his voice makes my heart at ease.

“Where is Myungsoo?”

I asked while looking around.

“He went to get some drinks.”

He said matter-of-factly.

“Why, missing him?”

He said with a sudden playfulness in his voice.

“No, it is just that it is weird not seeing him around with you.”

“We are not gay, so it is not that weird.”

He said while giving me a weird look. I glared at him before sighing. There is no way to talk to him normally. What I wanted to say is that Myungsoo seems to be the silent type that does not talk so much. Every time I see him, he is either alone or with Sungyeol.

“If you are implying the fact that Myungsoo seems to have rather little friends, then I can tell you that is right.”

He suddenly continued, grabbing all my attention.

“It has nothing to do with him, though, only with his personality. He has always been the silent guy among us all, but he is a great friend.”

“I wonder why he would want to be friends with you then.”

I said teasingly. He looked at me with growing irritation in his eyes.

“And what do you want to say with that?”

“Nothing.”

I said while my eyes were shining full with innocence. I wonder since when I am able to joke with him in such a carefree way. No, I wonder since when Sungyeol began to accept my presence.

“Sungyeol, there you are! Thank you very much for leaving me alone.”

Myungsoo yelled from afar. We both watched Myungsoo as he struggled in the growing crowd.

“Myungsoo.”

You could see Sungyeol was enjoying it. Myungsoo sighed as he took place next to Sungyeol, who was laughing now.

“I am never going to buy you drinks anymore.”

He said while giving him an angry look. He then glanced over at me and a gentle smile appeared on his face.

“Would you want something to drink, Minhee?”

“Ah, but that is Sungyeol-”

“I paid for it, so I can choose who may drink it.”

He said while eyeing Sungyeol. I thanked him as I grabbed the drink from him.

“Thank you.”

“It is nothing.”

This is precisely why I find it weird for Sungyeol and Myungsoo to be friends. They are so different from each other. But maybe… They complement each other this way.

“Let’s go.”

Sungyeol suddenly said as he grabbed my hand and stood up.

“But-”

“I will see you later, Myungsoo.”

He literally dragged me away, leaving a dumbfounded Myungsoo.

“Where are you taking me?”

“Just somewhere.”
 
He said without looking at me. I looked around, noticing that we were heading to the ferriswheel. There is only one reason for Sungyeol to bring me there with him, and that is that he is eager to talk to me about something. Because the ferriswheel makes you feel as if you are unreachable for a moment, so you can say everything you want.

“Sungyeol-”

“Step inside.”

He said with a blank expression as he pushed me inside. I nervously sat on the opposite of him. I just watched him, scared of what may come. Is he angry at me?

“I am only going to ask you once, so listen carefully.”

He said while looking deeply in my eyes.

“Do you want to look for happiness with me?”