Chapter 28

We Were There

FINALLY ANOTHER CHAPTER! Alright, finally everything is starting to be revealed! :D *jumps excitedly* I actually wanted to make this a long chapter, but I could not finish the scene with Sooyung and Minhee yet, so I decided to post what I already have. If you want to get a preview, you can look at the foreword, where I posted a little preview :) I just hope I can find the time to post more frequently :( But I will be posting the other chapter as soon as possible! Hmmm.... About the chapter, I actually like it. I felt like I made Sungyeol reasonable again, but the end of the chapter crushes that again...  I think I like Sooyung's flashback the most XD

For those who may feel tricked by the blank spaces I have been using in the previous chapter and also in this chapter, I am sorry! I just thought it would give more feeling to the story. I hope the chapters are not too short... I will try to update longer chapters!

Also, for those who will look at my foreword, I just wrote that I will use chapter 30 (or actually chapter 29 if you follow the story, but I mean chapter 30 on the left side) to post the full profiles of the characters ! :D I just felt like I have not revealed anything yet, and even though I myself like to read without knwoing anything, I can understand that you may want to know more about certain characters. So therefore, I will use chapter 30 to reveal that, and everyone who does not want to read it, can just skip it ;) Posting it on the foreword would give too much away, I believe, that is why I chose to do it this way :) BUT PLEASE READ CHAPTER 30 TO KNOW WHAT I PLANNED!! :D

Enjoy!
Tinywings


-----

“Minhee, please, listen to me.”

I did not want it to end like this. Not when I never had the chance to do anything. Not when the only thing I ever gave Minhee, was pain.

“Sungyeol-ah, I understand… Maybe… Maybe it is not only the fact that I cannot reach you. Maybe… Maybe the biggest problem is that you never opened up to me. I gave you time, I really did. I really did I could support you until the day you open up to me, I really did. I thought… I thought that loving someone was like that, and I still do. However, Sungyeol,” Her eyes were full of sadness, “you never planned on opening up to me in the first place. You never planned on letting Yoona go.”

Her words hit me painfully. I did not dare to speak. Did I agree with what she said? That was not what mattered. What mattered was that I gave Minhee the message I did not want to open up to her. I was trying so hard, and still she thought I did not want to open up. Does not anyone understand what I am going through? Why does everyone look at me as if I am the bad guy? Why does not anyone understand why I did not go to Yoona’s funeral, why I cannot let go of her. I truly believed that at least Minhee would understand.

“Maybe,” A bitter smile crept on my lips, “maybe you are right. Maybe I really did not want to let her go.”

I could see the hurt in her eyes, but I was hurting too.

“But if it were you, would not you want me to hold onto you too? If I were to let you go just as if it was a dream, would not that mean I never truly loved? How can I let go of someone who was so precious to me, who meant the world to me?”

I could see the tears rolling down her cheeks, but so were mine. Everyone is blaming me, accusing me, but no one ever thought about it thoroughly. Yoona… Yoona meant so much for me, and yet people want me to let go of her. If I were able to let go of her so easily, what would my love mean? If I were to forget her just this moment, how cruel would my love for her be?

“That would be too cruel for me.”

I may still be holding onto something that I already should let go,


but surely nobody ever saw that what I ever only wanted.


Even Minhee could not, and decided to let me loose,


Even though we were almost there.

-


“How can I let go of someone who was so precious to me, who meant the world to me?”

Sungyeol… A bitter smile crept on my lips. He may have not noticed it, but it was the first time he opened up to me. By saying he never opened up to me, he ironically replied by opening up to me. He may not know it, but he never told me how much Yoona meant to him. He never, ever told me why he could not let go of Yoona, even though he should. Even though it was too late already, at least I still got to know something more about him. If I were to be given a second chance, I would surely hold onto him more. But that is something to be said after everything is over. What is more ironically is that I finally feel how Sungyeol was feeling all this time. The feeling of not wanting to let go of someone who meant so much to you, I finally got to feel it. Sungyeol must have misunderstood me by now. He must think I already let go of him, but I did not. I never did. Even though he may not have opened up to me fully all this time, I always waited for him. Even after saying those foolish words, I still foolishly waited for him.


Even when I feel crushed and broken over and over again,


I would still patiently wait for him.


I just selfishly wished for him to hurry up and come for me, because…


Because I am tired.


I am tired of waiting, Sungyeol

-

“Sooyung.”

I turned around as I heard the familiar voice I had been waiting for.

“Woohyun oppa, you finally came.”

He stood uncomfortably, his hand holding onto something precious.

“Oppa, is that the picture I had been asking for?”

“Y-yes.”

Nam Woohyun, look at how pitiful you look right now. All men were like this… One by one they are all pitiful creatures, good for nothings. No, not only men. Even women could do the cruelest things, without the slightest bit of regret.


“Im Sooyung, why can you not be more like your sister?!”

I flinched at her harsh tone, while Yoona just stood beside me, saying nothing. Why was my mother like this, my father like this, and even my own sister did not stood up to help me.

“Why could not you politely greet all your uncles and aunts? Your grandfather only wanted to speak to you, his grandchild, and you dared to cry and run away from him? What is wrong with you?!”

Do you not see what is wrong with me? I am scared to death for him, and for everyone else I have to call family. It is not shyness anymore, it is fear. They all look at me with their skeptical eyes, as if they want to eat me up alive. Why? What did I ever do wrong to them? I could not think of anything else, but the sin of being born. Being created by mother, and someone who was not the person I called my father. Being a child of an affair, there was nothing else but to be hated by the whole family from my mother. Being the child of the man they disgusted, there was no other way then to feel disgusted when looking at me. And the worst thing was… I looked exactly like Yoona. A sinful creature like me, dared to look exactly like someone as innocent and beautiful as Yoona.


Coldness overwhelmed as the memories flashed in my mind. Nobody was ever going to understand these feelings that have been killing me. Nobody…

“Woohyun oppa, please do me a favor.”


Woohyun gave me a puzzled look. An evil grin appeared on my lips. I know Shim Minhee did nothing wrong, but she had to get involved by being Sungyeol’s girlfriend. The biggest mistake she ever made was falling in love with someone like Sungyeol.

“Put the photo in Shim Minhee’s locker.”

“W-what?”

He was obviously struggling with himself. Doing what I want him to do, or go against it. But he knew there he had no other option then to obey me. Even when he hated it, he had to. If he were to blame anyone, he would have to blame himself, for having such a soft heart that could not bear to hurt anyone. He did something so irrelevant, something that did not even matter, but he still believes he did something wrong. He does not know Myungsoo would not blame him, even when he would get to know it.

“Woohyun oppa, I know it is a difficult task, but you can do it right?”

The innocent tone made him stiffen, but it did not stop me from continuing.

“It is about time everyone gets face to face.”

-

“Minhee!”

I quickly looked around, and smiled as I saw Sungjong. I was slowly getting accustomed to his sudden yells and all, since it was a daily routine already. However, deep inside I was grateful for him being so nice to me. Being with new people made me forget the old things at least a little.

“Sungjong.”

“We were planning on doing something fun now. Would you like to join us?”

I shook my head slightly. I was still quite awkward with his friends, and I did not want to ruin the fun. Especially Woohyun, who would not talk to me except when needed.

“I think I am going home early today, you all have fun.”

“Aish, come on, those boys are so annoying~”

He whined, making me laugh.

“Really, Sungjong-”

“You better join us, or else I am not talking to you again.”

He said, this time with an almost frightening serious tone.

“Alright, alright, I am going. Really Sungjong, you really know how to take advantage of someone’s fright for loneliness.”

“Of course,” He proudly said, “we are talking about the Lee Sungjong.”

 “Alright, I have to get something out of my locker first. I will see you t the entrance of the school, okay?”

He nodded cheerfully before heading away. I shook my head defeated before walking to my locker. A smile appeared on my lips as I thought about how Sungjong was such a good friend, even though he may not seem like one. He never failed to make me feel wanted, and I craved for that feeling a lot at the moment. I smiled while opening my locker and grabbing the things I needed, but stopped when I saw something unfamiliar lying in my locker. My eyes widened in horror when I realized what the picture was showing. I was shocked, literally stunned, as I continued to look at the photo. Slowly, tears were filling my eyes. My mind did not even progress what I was seeing, as if it was rejecting it. But it could not possibly be fake, right? Sungyeol… Sooyung… Did something like this? Something was written on it. A date.

May 17th.



Just a couple of weeks before Yoona died…




“Yoona died on June 3rd.”




They…










had in school.












-----


AN: O my... I did had this planned from the beginning... But now that I am writing this... O my... I cannot believe I wrote something like this... I could not even think of another way to formulate it than like that... O my...
GO TO CHAPTER 30! :D