Chapter 24

We Were There

Chapter 24 already! Whoah :o!
It feels really weird, since it feels like yesterday that I began writing this story :o
I will continue to write an enjoyable story! :D
And, I will try to make a long chapter 25, just because 25 sounds like an accomplishment for me XD
But about this chapter, it is actually really short (in my opinion),
but I wanted to have the chapter end with Sungyeol's heartbreaking confession,
and you will have to read to know what he says ghehe!
Also, I want to emphasize that Woohyun is an important character because he was involved in the incident,
but he will not fall in love with the main character or something (this is not a story were every guy falls in
love with the main girl, sorry X) ), and the same goes for Sungjong, he will not fall in love with her and
he does not play a role in the incident (his role will be revealed later). However, Chunji's role is a little more
complicated, and I do not know if someone already has a clue. But if you did not (I hope you did not lol XD),
then you will just have to continue reading ghehe
Well that was it for the characters, and now up to the story!
Tinywings


-----

“Im Sooyung-sshi.”

I was trembling slightly as I spoke out her name. Anxiousness washed over me as I waited for her to turn around, and when she did, I could feel the tinge of fright growing inside of me.

“Yes?”

Her tone was not harsh for any other person, but for me, her cold way of speaking sounded terribly unpleasant. As if she knew I was linked with Sungyeol before I even got the chance to speak to her. It was as if she could look just through the weak barrier I had built with much effort.  

“I…I-…”

An unpleasant expression was shown all over her face as she watched me unable to speak up. This was by far the worst situation I have ever been in, where I did not dare to speak up to the person who was causing all this hurt and pain around me.

“Do I even know you?”

She asked in her dead coldly tone, causing a shiver to went through my body. She… She did not have to be this direct, did she? For someone as shy as me, she was way too straight forward.

“I-I am y-your cl-classmate.”

She frowned while crossing her arms. Obviously she was not pleased with me, but I could not get myself to talk properly to her. Merely looking at, was enough to shut my mouth instantly. But even if it was like that, I could not help but to seek for the resemblance between her and Yoona. Even when I only ever saw one picture of Yoona, it was enough for me to have her face printed in my mind. Sooyung… Did had some resemblance, but she was not Yoona.

“Pathetic.”

She said before turning around abruptly. My eyes widened as I saw her walking away and I began to panic. I had to talk to her. I had to talk to her now. If not, I know for sure I will never have the courage to do so again. It was now, or never.

“W-wait!” I yelled, causing her to stop. “P-please, wait.”

A frustrated sigh escaped as she threw me a cold glare.

“Speak properly!”

I was caught off guard by her sudden scream, but I realized I had to put myself together now. I had to ask that dreadful question before I will never have the chance again. I took a deep breath before I dared to speak those words out.

“Why did you come back?”

A malicious smirk appeared on her lips as she approached me, causing me to back away in fright.

“Who are you to Lee Sungyeol?”

“I-”

“Girlfriend, am I right?”

I nodded slightly, earning a satisfied grin from her. I was beginning to regret talking to her and telling her I was Sungyeol’s girlfriend. Surely she was someway going to take advantage of that.

“O my, Sungyeol got himself a new toy to play with. Such a filthy bastard.”

I frowned unhappily at her use of words. The way she described Sungyeol, it angered me.

“Do not talk like that about Sungyeol.”

“Sungyeol Sungyeol Sungyeol, the world is all about Sungyeol.”

She sang in a dangerous manner, and it did not escape my eyes that her hands slowly turned into fists. Her hate for Sungyeol, it scared me.

“What makes him loved by everyone? Why is he able to blind everyone,” She suddenly stepped in front of me, causing our faces to be only inches away, “so he does not have to suffer the punishments he deserves?”

“S-Sungyeol is not like that, he is not.”

It took a lot of courage to say that, when having her standing so close to me. Her eyes, they had so much intensity, it felt as if I was being scanned carefully from inside out.

Please,” She scoffed, “save me the speech.”

“But-”

“Like I said,” Her eyes bored into mine, “save me the futile speech.

Her threatening voice echoed in my head, as if making me realize I did not stood a chance, even when I grabbed all my courage.

“Now I look at you,” A scoff left as she continued, “you are so average. So, he changed his type of girls, to average, I guess? Or is it that he knows Yoona is one of a kind?”

Never did it felt so painful to hear someone say I was not beautiful or pretty. Never did I realize that I could not stand a chance next to girls like Yoona and Sooyung. It was not like I did not have confidence in myself; it was that in the back of my head, I knew I could not compete to them. They could wrap boys around their fingers, but I would have to be lucky to find someone to last a lifetime with. That is also why, I was so incredibly happy to have Sungyeol. That is why, I am so grateful for Sungyeol’s presence in my life. That is why, I do not want him to leave me. I selfishly want him to stay by my side forever. It has to be Sungyeol who spends a lifetime with me, that is the belief I had craved in my heart.

“Whatever happened in the past, it does not matter.”

I looked straight into her widened eyes.

“As long as Sungyeol stays by my side, it does not matter.”

It seemed I hit her with the right words, because she stepped backwards the moment I spoke out those words. As if, I said the words she feared for the most. But to my surprise, a satisfied smirk appeared on her lips.

“But Sungyeol does not think like that, right?”

A sole tear escaped from my eyes. That was when I started to feel like I am losing everything.

-

“Sungyeol-ah,” I nudged him as I pointed in front of us, “Minhee.”

I could feel him stiffen next to me as he saw Minhee and Sooyung standing in front of each other, their bodies dangerously close to each other. Sooyung stepped backwards, her eyes wandered around Minhee’s body as if inspecting her, and she said words we could not hear.

“What is Minhee doing with Krystal?”

Sungyeol was definitely lost in what to do right now, and so was I. Sungyeol was trying really hard to solve everything, but it seems he was not permitted to do so. If Sooyung was going to tell Minhee everything, then Minhee will surely break.

“What can I do?”

Sungyeol whispered painfully, and I could feel pity washing over me. We slowly walked closer to them, and my eyes widened in shock to see Minhee’s eyes tearing up. Without further thinking, I ran to her, leaving Sungyeol confused and distressed. Minhee was the one person who really did not deserve all this pain, because she was not even involved in the first place. It must have been in the spur of the moment that I hugged her, burying her face in my shoulder. I did not dare to think that it would be more than that. It would definitely cause me more pain if I did.

“M-Myungsoo o-oppa-..”

Krystal gasped as she saw me, and I looked at her with a disappointed expression.

“Krystal, I did not expect you to be like this.”

Her face instantly showed distress and pain, but I did not want to look at her any longer. Instead, I looked down to Minhee, but I could not see anything as she had her face low and pushed against my clothes. However, her sobs were clearly heard, and I could feel her trembling in my arms. That is when I looked over to Sungyeol, only to find him standing their lifeless. He continued to watch me and Minhee, but he did not move even a finger.

“I-… I-”

“I thought you only wanted to get back on Sungyeol, Krystal. I thought you only wanted to get revenge on Sungyeol. Most importantly, I thought you had not changed.”

“Why?”

I reluctantly turned my head towards her as I heard her pleading voice. You could clearly see that she was about to break into tears.

“Why is it always Sungyeol? Why does everyone, everyone, always make me look as the bad one? Why is it that Sungyeol can commit sins, and live on without having been punished? Why do I have to bear all the sins of Yoona and Sungyeol?!”

“Stop it.”

Sungyeol’s voice made us all turn our gazes to him. He was trying really hard to stay calm, but he was slowly breaking apart.

“Yoona never committed any sins, Sooyung. Yoona, never did anything wrong.”

I could feel Minhee stiffen as Sungyeol spoke, and I knew why. Sungyeol was defending Yoona. Sungyeol was saying only good words about Yoona, even after all that had happened.

“What happened between us was out of pity, yes. Yoona did not know anything, and she did not deserve the pain from everything.”

Sungyeol took a deep breath before continuing, but I could see that tears were already rolling down.

“How could I possibly go to her funeral, when... I knew I was the one who caused her to die.”

I closed my eyes tight and hugged Minhee tight, but I could feel that she was slowly losing all her energy.