Chapter 19

We Were There

CHAPTERRRRR 19 FINALLY!!!!!
I have eagerly waiting for this chapter to come!!
Really, I am so happy! :D
There are always moments for a writer when
she/he will have a writersblock, and honestly,
I am no exception. But you have to overcome it,
and then the story will flow out smoothly. :)
Sometimes you almost have to push yourself to
continue, and that may seem wrong, but once
you get over it, it was all worth it. :)
Enough, let's go to the story! :D
Tinywings


-----

“Ya, Lee Sungyeol, stop messing my hair!”

I screamed as he ruffled my hair amusingly. He loved the reaction I gave every time he did it, but even after countless times,  I still could not hold myself in from exploding.

“Ah, so cute.”

“Today is our first school day after summer break! I want to look good on my first day!”

Sungyeol’s eyes shone with playfulness as he listened to my rant.

“No.” He simply said, making me all the angrier. “You are just so easy to tease.”

He quickly ruffled my hair again and sprinted away, knowing very well that I did not stand a chance to keep up with him. However, seeing the carefree expression on his face was enough to ease all my anger. A warm smile crept on my lips as I watched him. He noticed my change of mood and smiled gently as he came back for me.

“And I know you will never get mad at me.”

He added while giving me a warm hug. He obviously has no idea how much impact his words has on me. Every single word he says to me, I take them by heart.

“Let’s go.”

He said gently as he grabbed my hand softly. I simply smiled happily, as if I had the world’s biggest treasure, and in my eyes, I did. As we reached the school, we could see the familiar figure we had been trying to find. Sungyeol scoffed as he saw that Myungsoo was surrounded by girls.

“That playboy.”

“Why?” I chuckled. “Myungsoo is handsome and gentle. He is such a perfect boyfriend.”

Sungyeol gave me an unbelieving look, and that is when I realized what I exactly did. I just praised his childhood friend in front of him, something he never liked. It was so weird, but it was as if he was always competing against Myungsoo.

“What? You call Kim Myungsoo a perfect boyfriend, in front of your own boyfriend? Ya, Shim Minhee, do you know what you are doing?”

I scratched my head slightly, giving him a nervous laughter. He did not accept it, however, and continued his complaint.

“What is so great about Kim Myungsoo? I mean, come on…”

He muttered to himself, his head hanging low. I could not stop myself from laughing though as I saw it, earning another glare from him.

“What is so funny?”

“You.”

I said while pointing to him. He sighed in frustration before looking in front of him with a dark expression.

“Aish, girls these days.”

He almost whispered, but I could still hear it. Really, Sungyeol was like an elementary scholar sometimes, but I doubt an elementary scholar would be as unreasonable as he is.

“Sungyeol, Minhee.”

I looked to my side to find a warmly smiling Myungsoo.

“Good morning, Myungsoo.”

Myungsoo continued to smile and was about to look at Sungyeol, when Sungyeol suddenly stopped walking, leaving us both startled.

“What is with you today?”

Myungsoo asked with a raised eyebrow, but seeing the expression on his face, he immediately grinned amusingly.

“What? I once again got praised by your girlfriend? Aish, really Sungyeol, you should work on yourself.”

I hit Myungsoo playfully, actually enjoying the way he teased Sungyeol all the time. Myungsoo was much more open when I was around nowadays, and it was only then that I understood why the two could be so good friends. Myungsoo was just as cheeky, as playful as Sungyeol, and they loved to tease each other.

“Ya! Kim Myungsoo! Shut up!”

“Why?”

He said innocently, but intentionally flashed me a wink, causing Sungyeol to be all the more furious.

“AISH! I cannot believe this!”

Myungsoo and I both laughed uncontrollably as Sungyeol walked away furiously.

“Ya, Myungsoo, I think you went too far this time.”

I said as I wiped the tear of joy away from the corner of my eye.

“Really?” Myungsoo said while continuing to laugh. “But his reactions are just way too brilliant though.”

I could not disagree with that statement. We continued to laugh as we walked inside the school, intentionally walking past a furious Sungyeol.

“Ya! Do not ignore me!”

“Really, will he ever mature?”

Myungsoo whispered in my ear, causing me to chuckle.

“Probably not.”

I said before walking towards Sungyeol, who certainly was not pleased with the way I always together with Myungsoo.

“Come on, Sungyeol, it was just a joke.”

He shook his head strongly, determined not to forgive us easily this time.

“Come on,” I said while hugging him tight, “are you really mad?”

I felt him instantly loosen the tense he had just a second ago, making me smile. As I saw the looks others were giving me, I realized we were in school right now, where no one knew about us yet, not even Amber. I suddenly felt guilty for not telling her earlier and embarrassment for doing something like this in public, and let go of Sungyeol instantly.

“Let’s go.”

I said while blushing madly. Sungyeol simply smirked as he saw my expression.

“What? Embarrassed by your own boldness? You could not resist my handsomeness, huh?”

This boy… The way he could be so confident all the time, it really surprised me.

“You are so conceited.”

He shrugged his shoulders slightly, wearing an innocent expression.

“I cannot help it for being so perfect.”

“Unbelievable.”

I shook my head in disbelief, but of course, this was a side I admired too. But after being aware of the looks others were giving us, I could not help but to take some distance from Sungyeol, not wanting to be the new rumor of the school on our first day. It just felt weird, being the girlfriend of the great Lee Sungyeol.

“Amber!”

I yelled happily as I saw Amber in the classroom. However, she was rather gloomy, an expression she seldom wore.

“Amber, how was your summer?”

She smiled slightly as she took place on the seat assigned to her.

“It was fun.”

I decided to act oblivious to her current mood, hoping that by doing so, she will not feel obligated to tell me what is bothering her, because obviously, something was bothering her.

“I have to tell you something, Amber!”

I said happily. I looked around for Sungyeol before continuing, and smiled relieved as I saw him chatting with his friends.

“Amber, I have a boyfriend.”

I expected her to smile amusingly and tease me to tell her who it was, but she seemed to be wary of it.

“Is it… Sungyeol?”

My eyes widened, but she was everything but pleased with my reaction.

“Why from all people, you had to choose Lee Sungyeol?”

She muttered under her breath. A rush of uncomfortable feelings washed over me as I saw the frown on her face, indicating that she is not pleased, at all.

“Amber, is something… Is something wrong with Sungyeol? He may be mysterious, but nevertheless a really good guy.”

I hopelessly said, but Amber did not show any sign of giving in.

“Minhee, you should not get involved with him too much. He will hurt you in the end.”

“B-but Amber, just before summer you did not had any objection about me loving him. W-why are you saying this now?”

Her pleading eyes shocked me as they locked with mine. I did not want to believe any of her words, I brushed them away the moment I heard them. How could I pull myself out of it, when I already fell so deep in love with him?

“I did not know back then.”

She muttered under her breath, leaving me all the more confused.

“Did not know what?”

She glanced at me, and then shook her head once. She obviously was fighting with herself whether to tell or not, but I did not know how I could get it out of her. Before I could continue though, the teacher already walked in. A sigh left my lips as I went to my seat, looking around for Sungyeol. He was a couple of seats away of me, enjoying the attention he was getting from everyone who was eager to talk to him.

“Good morning students,” Her stern voice instantly caught our attention, deafening the chatters in the classroom, “and welcome back after a well-deserved vacation. Firstly, I want to remind you all that this is going to be your last year at this school. Work hard, make your homework, and listen to me when I am teaching you, because this year will be the year to show yourself. Whether you will go to a top university or-”

The teacher was rudely interrupted by someone opening the door. My eyes widened as I saw her face that looked so frightening the same as hers. The face I never thought to be able to see with my own eyes. Little did I know that both Amber and Sungyeol were horrified as they saw the familiar figure standing by the door.

“I am the new transfer student. My name is Im Sooyung.”