Chapter 26

We Were There

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooo!
I apologize for posting after such a  long time! :(
The past week I have been busy with my new story,
You, I love,
but now I am back again!!
As for the story, this chapter ends rather frustratingly I think...
However, the truth will come in the next chapter (I decided keke),
and then it will be a happy ending! (Uh... Not so fast keke)
Well, enjoy!!

AN: Chanhee's appearance is not random, but his character will be revealed soon too!



-----

 

“Minhee… Let’s break up.”

So that is how it feels when you break up. I always thought people in movies were exaggerating, but it seems they were not. This slowly spreading pain filled my whole body, and it made me feel numb. I did not remember how I successfully left the house and walked to the mall in such a condition. It felt like my body was moving on its own, and my mind did not even have the slightest thought of stopping it. It was only after a while, that a thought crossed my mind. And it was not even something about why I was looking like this, but about how I must be looking right now. I realized I must look awful right now, so I did not let myself look in the mirror or anything. I did not want to see my own face at the moment, frightened to realize how much pain was written on my face.

“Minhee… Let’s break up.”
 

Sungyeol… I thought we could get through this. I really thought that as long as I believed, we could get through he hard times. He may still have not gotten over Yoona, but I did not care about that anymore. As long as I could be the one to support him, that would be enough for me. I never asked for anything in return, but I did selfishly prayed for him to be by my side forever.

My eyes wandered to my bag, and once again, my body was moving without my mind registering it. My hand automatically reached for my phone, as if I knew someone had messaged or called me. A faint smile appeared on my lips as I saw someone called me more than forty times. However, when I realized who it was, my smile slowly disappeared. He was the one who broke up with me, but he was the one who called me non-stop? I clicked on the one message he sent me, wanting to know what he wanted to say.

Please call me.

I did not know how to respond to this, but I could feel agony lingering inside of me as I reread his message. Lee Sungyeol, why are you doing this to me?

“Yo.”

My eyes flickered in surprise as I looked around for the owner of the voice. A small smile appeared as I saw him coolly standing in front of me.

“Sungjong-sshi.”

“That is me,” He said while approaching me, “but why are you here? Are not you supposed to be in class?”

My head quickly turned away. He seemed to realize the darkness of my face, and snickered.

“It is about that girl, right?”

The shock was all written on my face, amusing him all the more. How… How did he know?

“Calm down, I am not your stalker. I just so happened to see you two together yesterday when I was looking outside the window, and you two seemed to look really scary together.”

“Ah… I see…”

I muttered silently, and after a few seconds I slightly bowed before walking away. I did not want to say anything to anyone at the moment, and the fact he was someone I knew only made me want to leave all the more.

“Ya! Where are you going?!”

He said while running to my side.

“I… I was about to leave.”

I lied. As if I had somewhere to go. School was not an option, but home was not too. Mother did not had to work today, so surely she will ask my thousands of questions if I were to go back home. On top of that, things are getting tough again between the two of them, and really, I did not want to go back at the moment.

“Sungjong-sshi, why are you here? Should not you be attending class as well?”

A smirk appeared on his lips, the coolness in his appearance never leaving him.

“As if the great Lee Sungjong would need to be in class all the time to get perfect scores.”

A faint smile appeared as I listened to him, but slowly disappeared. Once again, he remembered me of Sungyeol too much.

“Ya, bastard, come here right now! I am going to kill you!”

Sungjong suddenly screamed before running away, leaving me dumbfounded. My eyes followed him as he ran to a boy, who was also shocked to hear Sungjong’s loud voice. Sungjong literally dragged him as he walked back to me.

“Sorry,” He said with a sigh, “I had to find this brat who left without telling any of us.”

“Sungjong, you did not have to scare the hell out of me, you know.”

The boy said while giving Sungjong an unsatisfactory stare. Sungjong, however, could not care less and continued to talk to me.

“You want to go drink something?”

He asked before dragging me with him. I looked at the boy, who responded with a sigh. We both laughed, realizing we were both being dragged by someone who looked like a skinny girl.

“Ya, what are you two laughing at?!”

“Nothing.”

We both responded at the same time, causing more laughter to escape our mouths. Sungjong did not take this the good way, and used more force to pull us with him to wherever he wanted to go.

“My name is Chanhee, Lee Chanhee.”

The boy named Chanhee gently said, using his free hand for a hand shake. I smilingly shook his hand.

“Shim Minhee, nice to meet you.”

“Are you-”

“Lee Chanhee, try flirting with her and I will kill you.”

“I- I w-was not!”

He stuttered. Sungjong threw him a warning look.

“You look so disgusting when you try to flirt with girls, really. But, I am sorry to say it, you really have no luck with girls.”
 

An amusing smirk formed on his lips as he talked, causing Chanhee to frown.

“Says the one who got ignored by the girl he was interested in.”

“YA!”

He roughly let go of our arms, before turning his whole attention to the innocent boy in front of him. I could see Chanhee gulping slightly as he looked at Sungjong.

“I told you not to talk about it!”

Sungjong said before storming into the café. Chanhee and I both looked at each other, not sure of what to do.

“M-maybe we should follow him, before he causes trouble.”

I said after a while, and he agreed with a nod. We searched for Sungjong in the café, and a sigh of relief left our mouths as we saw him sitting near the window, sulking.

“Sungjong-ah,” Chanhee said as he approached him, “I am sorry, okay?”

Sungjong did not respond and turned his head the other direction, ignoring Chanhee.

“Sungjong-ah, you are such a kid.”

I said playfully, but once again, I felt sad upon realizing he remembered me of Sungyeol so much. Everything that reminded me of Sungyeol pained me at the moment.

“I am going to order something to drink.”

He said before standing up. Chanhee sighed before turning his attention to me.

“Why are you here?”

“Problems.”

I simply said without looking at him. I could not bear to say it to anyone yet.

“And you?”

I asked, feeling guilty for responding in such a bad manner just now. He was just being polite and even took the initiative to start a conversation, but I did not even appreciate it.

“Problems.”

He said with a shrug, but I could see the tinge of sadness crossing his eyes as he said it. An awkward silence consumed us, and I began thinking of whatever I could say to get the conversation started again.

“Sungjong searched for you?”

He nodded slightly, a gentle smile appearing on his lips.

“He is a good boy.”

“Yes, he is.”

I said with a smile. Lee Sungjong, even though he was not the gentlest and friendliest boy in the world, he still had goodness in him.

“Sungjong was searching for me, because I left class without telling them. He probably was concerned whether I would be okay being alone.”

I nodded comprehensively. However, I was curious as to why he was out here. I did not dare to ask him though, since I did not want to talk about my own problem too.

“My mother suddenly called, saying there was an emergency.”

He suddenly said, his expression unreadable at that moment.

“E-eh?”

I was embarrassed that that was the only thing I could manage to mutter. He told me why he was out here, but I could not understand it completely. He smiled before continuing.

“Complicated.”

This time, I gave him an understanding nod. I was scared that if I were to open my mouth and say something, I would only embarrass myself a second time.

“And you?”

He asked while looking at me. I really was not going to tell him at first, but after he told me his problem, I could not possibly say nothing. So before I even realized it, I already told him the situation I was in.

“I… My boyfriend… We broke up.”

He gave me a sympathetic expression, but remained silent. Probably he did not know what to say, just like how I did not know what to say just now. However, it was good to be able to say it to someone, and that was something I needed the most at the moment.

-

“Let’s go shopping.”

Sungjong said while taking another sip of his drink. I simply nodded, since I would agree with whatever he wanted. As long as he would take me somewhere I would not have to think for a while, I was fine with everything. It had already been hours since we were in the mall, but it was pleasant to be around the two of them. Chanhee was a really friendly person and Sungjong... Was just Sungjong. Even though I knew I would fall into the same depressed condition once we parted, I still selfishly wanted this to last as long as possible. The longer I could stop myself from realizing everything, the better. My eyes wandered around, but stopped when they detected two dreadfully familiar figures.



Sungyeol and Sooyung.



Kissing each other.