Chapter 7

We Were There

Hello!
I had a sleepover, so I could not update yesterday.
I want to update as much as possible this weekend,
because next week I have an 'introduction week' for school.
Luckily, I wrote a lot before putting it on Asianfanfics,
but ofcourse, it is not unlimited, so I have to continue writing. :)
About the story: Minhee is going to confess her feelings!
The story is really getting started now! :)
Also, I want to say thanks to all my subscribers :D
Just knowing that someone is enjoying this story,
helps me to go on, so hereby, thank you!!
If there are silent readers reading this story, thank you also!
Here we go again!
Tinywings


-----

“Minhee, sweetheart, come here for a second.”

My mother said in her soft, caring voice as she sat on the couch. I took place next to her, happy that she is normal and calm nowadays. Nowadays, everything is getting better. Thanks to Sungyeol, my grades are getting better now. I just hope that I can make it up with him again. If it was the end like this, I would regret it too much.

“Sweetheart, first of all, I want to apologize.”

I gave her a puzzled look. Her warm hand gently caressed my cheek, as if I was so fragile I could break any moment.

“How long has it been, since our family was blissfully happy? As a mother, I feel so sorry that I gave my daughter such a time to endure.”

My emotions were coming on the surface again, listening to her apologizing words.

“But it is going to be alright, Minhee-ah, father and mother are going to sort things out. So please forgive us for neglecting your feelings all those times when we were arguing. Please forgive your parents.”

I shook my head as a smile crept on my lips. Even now, his words are echoing in my head. Whenever I am in need of strength, it is his words that will bring me that. Without noticing, his words already meant more to me than it should.

“There is no need to apologize, mother, because it is not your fault. Love is something personal, something between the two lovers. Someone once told me that love does not always makes sense and as a third person, I will never be able to fully understand it. Maybe I am too young, or maybe it is truly true, but I understand that I cannot fully understand it.”

My mother caressed me head as she gave me a proud smile.

“My daughter has grown up so much already.”

“Does it matter whether someone is wrong or right? As long as both people think they are right, how will you ever define wrong and right?”

“Love between two persons, is strictly personal. Even though you are their child, does not mean you can fully understand them. Love, does not always has to make sense.”

I closed my eyes, letting the happy bliss take over me. As I lied in my mother’s arms, my thoughts wandered to Sungyeol. Nowadays, it would always wander to him. I would think about his smile, about his words, every detail I know of him.

“I envy your innocence.”

Sungyeol, is there a way to share my innocence with you then?

-

“Sungyeol, I-”

I grabbed all my courage today to apologize, and here I am, standing in front of him, the nervousness nearly killing me. I showed him the candy I was hiding behind my back, my head falling down in embarrassment.

“I am really sorry, please accept this.”

He grinned amused as he accepted it.

“You just want me to tutor you, right?”

I shook my hands frantically.

“O-of course not! I am truly sorry!”

He hit my head lightly with his book, his lips turning into a smile. My heart felt relieved as I saw his smile. Just one smile and my mood would instantly be up again.

“Alright, alright. I accept your apology.”

“Actually…”

I muttered hesitantly. He gave me a curious look.

“Actually, Myungsoo told me, so…”

“I know.”

My eyes flickered in surprise as I saw his calm, composed face. He knows? But… I was the one who asked Myungsoo and all… He should be mad at me, right?

“Myungsoo told me already.”

“So you are not mad at me?”

He shrugged his shoulders.

“I do not know.”

“H-how could you not know?”

“Just like I said, I do not know.”

Here he is again, saying such strange things. Just like those other times, I cannot seem to reach him, and his words sound meaningless in my ears. It frustrates me, because I want to know what they mean, I want to know what he means with those words.

“Sungyeol,” I took a deep breath before continuing, “I want to tell you something.”

I should tell him now. If I do not tell him now, I may do not have the courage or the chance to, and I would really regret it if I cannot tell him my feelings to him.

“What is it?”

He said and his eyes told me he already knew what was going to come next.

“Sungyeol, I think I like you.”

Silence followed, and even though I felt embarrassed as I openly told my feelings, I was relieved at the same time.

“You think you like me?”

He said, breaking the deafening silence. His face was not showing any expression.

“Y-yes.”

“Why do you think you like me?”

“Maybe I am too young, or maybe I am just inexperienced, but I do not know the difference between liking and loving. I just know… That I want to be by your side.”

Is there a way to define like and a way to define love? Because for me, the line between the two is so fine, almost invisible…

“Like means you want to be with that person, but love,” he gazed in my eyes, “means you want to spend your whole life with that one person.”

A smile crept on my lips. Then I know the answer. If the definition between the two is so clear, I do not have to hesitate even a moment.

“And what are your feelings to me, Minhee, like or love?”

A sudden urge gave me enough confidence to speak up my feelings.

“I want to take back my confession just now.”

I said with confidence, and I could see the surprise in his eyes.

“Sungyeol, I love you.”

-

“Myungsoo,” I said as I leaned against the wall, sitting on the ground, “what are you doing here?”

“I should be asking you that question.”

He said as he stood in front of me, his hands casually in his pockets. I shrugged my shoulders, my hands wandering through the grass.

“I-”

But before I could even say anything, her soothing voice interrupted.

“Myungsoo! Do you know where Sungyeol is?”

Myungsoo glanced at me but I quickly shook my head.

“Do not know.”

I grinned happily as I heard him lie for me.

“Oh, could you tell him I looked for him?”

“Sure, why do you need him anyway?”

I heard her heave a big sigh and it made me curious.

“We are preparing for the school festival and they said they wanted to have Sungyeol around or something. I really do not understand why everyone likes him so much.”

Myungsoo’s amused face irritated me. What does she mean by that?

“What do you mean?”

“Everyone wants to be around him. He is the kind of person who could make everyone want to play with him, but once he stopped, everyone would stop, saying it is not fun anymore. Well, maybe I was wrong, because I do understand why everyone likes him. Sungyeol has this amazing presence, which make people drawn to him.”

A smile crept on my lips as I hear her words.

“If only he was able to let the past go, in my eyes, he would be perfect.”

Myungsoo glanced at me for a while, but then continued the conversation.

“Do you want me to help you, Minhee, since Sungyeol is nowhere to be found?”

“Really?” Her voice brightened. “That would be great!”

I held my eyes closed, closing myself from the outside world. People may not be able to understand me, but that does not matter. Minhee, you said you loved me, but what exactly about me do you love? I hate how your words make me happy, because I cannot control myself anymore, and I hate not to be able to control every single piece of myself.