WARD 9

He and She
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARD 9

 

Victoria don’t know what to think.

 

She feels betrayed.

 

She feels suffocated.

 

She feels everything infront of her is just a lie…

 

She’s lost.

 

 

“DR. HWAN!” They both shouted upon seeing the old man unconscious in the floor. Nichkhun immediately run towards him and checked his pulse and breathing.

 

Victoria was shocked by the situation but immediately got her phone to call 119 for rescue.

 

Few moments later the rescue team arrived and Nichkhun helped them to carry Dr. Hwan from the stretcher until the ambulance.

 

As both of them entered the ambulance, Victoria expected herself to be the one in-charge when they enter the ambulance, but she was surprised when the ambulance nurse handed Nichkhun the stethoscope as he checked Dr. Hwan. He also got his blood pressure and was the one was pumping the oxygen mask bag.

“Dr. Hwan hold on, we’re getting near… hold on.” Nichkhun kept on mumbling this words as he held on Dr. Hwan’s hand…. As if completely forgetting about Victoria’s presence.

 

Victoria on the other hand was taken aback… how could Nichkhun know such thing? Have he learned about this through Dr. Hwan?

Then how come the ambulance nurse seemed to know him?

What is exactly happening now?

 

 

When they arrived in the hospital, Dr. Hwan was immediately pushed to the emergency room. They were then approached by the E.R. Doctor.

“What happened?”

“We found him unconscious on the floor, he has suffered several dizziness and chest pains before… he also had hard time to breathe, I’m suspecting a heart ailment here.” Nichkhun replied.

The nurse suddenly gasped which made the E.R. Doctor look at the one who was talking which made his eyes widen.

 

“Oh my! Dr. Khun! Call Dr. Taec, get a clean doctor’s jacket-“

 

“Nevermind, just get him a private ICU, I need to see his ECG and upper body x-ray, have him monitored.” Nichkhun instructed.

 

And Victoria was there, standing at the side…. Completely confused of what was happening infront of her now.

 

Dr. Khun?

 

“Khun!”

 

“Nichkhun!”

 

Victoria was surprised to see Dr. Taec, Dr. Suzy…. And even Krystal and Minhyuk panting as they arrived infront of the bed of Dr. Hwan…. Who became an instant VIP as a lot of nurses and doctor attend on him.

 

“Khun what happened?” Dr. Taec immediately asked.

 

“I think he’s suffering a heart ailment… I can’t confirm it yet.” Nichkhun replied as he held Dr. Hwan’s hand.

 

“I’ll immediately get the machines ready to get some results… excuse me.” Dr. Suzy, one of their radiologists and Dr. Taec’s wife said as she ran towards the aisle where the ECG room is located.

 

“Khun don’t worry, everything is going to be fine.” Dr. Taec said as he walked towards Nichkhun and patted his back.

 

And there she was…. Completely dumbfounded.

 

“Let’s go to my office first-“

 

“But Teac-“

 

“They’re gonna take good care of him… let’s go.” Dr. Taec then held Nichkhun and guided him to his office.

Krystal and Minhyuk on the other hand exchanged glances as they walked towards Victoria.

 

“Qian let’s go.” Krystal managed to say… she was afraid of how will Victoria react… but she didn’t; instead she just walked with them… still dumbfounded.

 

 

She got a lot of thoughts in mind… she wants to ask…. But she can’t find the voice to speak… she feels like she’s just a paper being held by Krystal and Minhyuk as they brought her to Dr. Taec’s office.

 

 

“Has Suzy texted yet?” Nichkhun asked as they sat inside Taec’s office.

“He’s just being moved to the ECG room after it he’ll undergo x-ray, we’ll know the result soon. “Taec replied.

“We’ll do everything to save him right?” Nichkhun asked nervously as he can already feel tears in his eyes while he grip both of his hands… he can say that he’s still in the state of shock… Dr. Hwan… how can this happen to him?

“We’ll do everything to keep him safe Khun… don’t worry… we will brother, we will.” Taec replied as he tried to comfort him with a tap on the shoulder.

 

“Brother?” Finally… Victoria was able to speak… which hit Nichkhun.

 

Everything seemed to pour out just now… unexpectedly.

 

“Qian I-“

 

“What is happening now?! What does this mean?!” Victoria ranted as she stood up, she then glanced at Krystal and Minhyuk who just both looked down, Taec was obviously shocked with what she did… while Khun…. He felt like he’s a battery… nearly empty because of what happened to Dr. Hwan… but he still needs to encounter Victoria’s reaction… which he didn’t expect to face in this situation. He have planned everything… how can this happen?

 

Victoria eyed everyone as she tries to analyze things…

 

 

Nichkhun…. Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul…

 

 

Dr. Taecyeon Horvejkul…

 

 

HRVKL, owner of Global City Co. where the medical center belongs….

 

 

Her bestfriend… who has a blood of the Horvejkul in her veins…

 

 

Everything just makes sense…

 

And she was just a stupid fool who didn’t understand things right from the start.

 

When she knew about Nichkhun’s last name, she didn’t mind it, thinking that if a lot of people got ‘Song’ as their last name yet they are not related, what more with the Horvejkul?

 

 

“Victoria!” she can hear them call her name… but here she is running at the hallway of the hospital completely in tears.

 

 

“Khun follow her.” Krystal said as she knows how her best feels right now, betrayed.

 

 

“Victoria! Vic!” Nichkhun called her but she continued to run… until he reached her wrist.

“Let me go! I don’t have time for any of your lies!” Victoria kept on pulling her wrist from him but this time ,he applied to force, he knows that it may hurt her but he got no choice. He pulled Victoria inside the fire exit as he let go of her, obviously seeing her red wrist.

“I’m sorry.” He said.

“Sorry again Khun?! How many times do I have to hear you say sorry?!” Victoria snapped as she faced him. Anger and frustration was surely written in her face.

“Vic please try to listen to me… I can explain about everything-“

“Krsytal…. She’s your what?” she cut her off, she needs answer.

“She’s my cousin and-“

“So you knew each other since then…. And your family owns this medical center, oh no… let me correct that, the Global City Co…. and there you are pretending to be a commoner… and I don’t need any of your reasons. That’s why you don’t want to come here? That’s the reason right?!” Victoria spats her analysis.

Nichkhun couldn’t find the voice to respond but just sighed.

 

And the next thing he knows, here is Victoria starting to make his chest as her punching bag.

 

“Too much of trusting someone like you! I thought I was the one fooling the people around me… but you were too good that I didn’t realize that I am being fooled by someone whom I thought I used as an instrument to fool the persons around me!” she continued to rant her heart out… and Nichkhun let her. He knows that it’s his fault anyways.

 

“Victoria… Qian please listen to me.” Nichkhun finally pleaded as he got hold of her arms to prevent her from continuing her act.

 

“I’ve got no time to listen to a liar… all this time I felt too guilty about pulling you into this act… but who would have thought that I was suddenly involved with someone’s act too?” Victoria can’t find the heart to listen to him… her mind is too preoccupied of everything that happened.

She was angry at him the other night.

They spent the day earlier with fun together with her father.

They stepped in Dr. Hwan’s clinic to find him unconscious.

And now here she is, finding about truths behind lies and the lies behind the truth.

 

“Qian, I know you don’t have the heart to listen to me for now, but please consider about it… I wasn’t planning to lie to you, it’s just that… the situation was too-“

 

Nichkhun’s jaw drop… he wasn’t able to continue what he was saying whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter