WARD 8

He and She
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARD 8

 

The twelve hours surgery was done and Victoria couldn’t think for more. She’s too exhausted. She’s now with Minhyuk and Krystal who asked her to come with them for some food.

 

“Vic is there a problem?” Minhyuk asked as they saw Vic slump her heard on her arms that are resting on the table.

“Nothing, I’m just tired.” Victoria replied, head still on the table.

“You can just ask your husband to come here and fetch you.” Minhyuk suggested which made Krystal hit her as she widens her eyes. Minhyuk then made face since he forgot that no one knows Victoria ‘got married’.

“No thanks, I bet he’s busy with his unknown deeds… I can go home by myself.” Victoria replied as she lifter her head from the table upon hearing Minhyuk’s suggestion.

“You guys continue eating; I’ll go to our office first.” Victoria said as she stood up and left.

 

-

 

As Victoria entered their office, she immediately slumped herself on her chair. She closed her eyes for several moments, as she opened it, something caught her eyes. A small pouch on top of her table. She adjusted her seating position and reached for it. As she opened it, she let the thing inside it drop in her palm, the ring. It was their so-called wedding ring that she brought for her Nichkhun. She stared at it as she tries to think about how long it’s been since she started to wear that ring…

 

“Are you falling Victoria?” she asked herself as it hit her.

 

 

In the past months, she knows to herself that she’s just having this cold front just to hide or to decline it. She knows herself too much that she perfectly knows that she’s starting to have a different feeling on him, her husband, Nichkhun Horvejkul.

 

She must admit, he’s too sweet and caring that she couldn’t help but get touched by his acts. That made her trust him…

But it seems like things were too fast for her to trust him immediately. Nichkhun has just lied to her…

 

But then another side of her is being affected by what Dr. Hwan told her before she left the clinic.

 

 

“Nichkhun once told me about his past.”  Dr. Hwan started while they were cleaning up. Victoria was just silent; she didn’t really ask him about it since for her it wasn’t necessary.

“His mom died when he was eight, and then followed his dad when he was ten. Nichkhun was then brought to an orphanage where he grew up.” Dr. Hwan continued his story as he noticed that Victoria was listening.

“Being smart, he was lucky to avail scholarship from sponsors of the orphanage until he graduated from high school and he was out of the orphanage. He immediately started looking for different jobs and places to stay… that’s when I met him.” Dr. Hwan finished his story as he removed his coat. But he was truly amazed by how Victoria has maintained an emotionless aura as he tells her the story.

 

 

Victoria surely admired him on being hard working to reach this point of his life now. He might not have a stable job as others have but having this people around him, he’s truly admirable.

 

 

 

-

 

 

“I’m going Victoria, I’ll see you tonight.” Nichkhun said as he headed to the door. Victoria just nodded and didn’t bother to respond.

It’s been two days since she visited Dr. Hwan’s clinic and she haven’t heard anything about Nichkhun telling her the truth… but… why would people even want to be caught in something they did wrong?

 

 

 

“Victoria what are you doing?!” she secretly cursed as she found herself following Nichkhun. What surprised her is that, he rode different bus number than the usual one he’s riding when going to the clinic.

She doesn’t know why but there was something in her saying that she should follow him and find out what is it that makes him act this way in the past days.

 

Victoria parked her car block away when she saw Nichkhun get down the bus and started walking. She also went out of her car and started following him.

 

She was surprised to see him enter a huge restaurant inside an establishment. She tried to hide herself at the side as she observes him. She perfectly knows that this not on her level… she’s not liking herself for doing this things… but she just can’t help it.

 

She was surprised when Nichkhun entered the employees’ room. Few minutes later, went out in a waiter uniform.

“Is he working here?!” Victoria’s jaw almost drop as she saw him get an order from a table with a girl who was constantly staring at him while he was talking, maybe reiterating the said order.

 

 

 

-

 

“Victoria!”

“Dr. Song!” Victoria was startled to hear voices call her which obviously brought her back to reality.

“What’s wrong with you? You’re spacing out.” Krystal asked as she and Minhyuk exchanged glances. They’re in a meeting discussing about the progress of their meeting yet Victoria seemed to be physically present but mentally absent.

“I’m sorry, I’m just thinking about something… sorry Dr. Kyo… let’s proceed.” Victoria managed to gather herself up as Krystal eyed her as if saying ‘let’s talk later’.

 

She’s too occupied with the scene she saw earlier. So Nichkhun is working on another job? He’s a waiter in a restaurant. Victoria can’t understand the reason why he’s doing this but why does he have to keep it from her? She perfectly knows that their marriage can’t be considered a real one since she believes that a real marriage is with love… and they don’t have that… well atleast that’s what she think…. But she feel likes Nichkhun could atleast tell her if he needs something that’s why he’s working for another job or something… she can somehow help him right?

 

 

-

 

“Have you talked to Victoria already?” Dr. Hwan asked as he and Nichkhun are having lunch. Nichkhun arrived exactly lunch time so he asked him to accompany him for some lunch before they open the clinic for afternoon patients.

“Not yet, I’m afraid that she might not understand.” Nichkhun replied as he drank his water.

“That day I spent with her… I must say that I gave her a wrong impression… she’s a good woman Nichkhun.” Dr. Hwan said which made Nichkhun’s eyes widen. Dr. Hwan never gave a compliment to Victoria since he’s still opposing about his idea, but now here he is, telling him that Victoria is a good woman… where he must agree.

“I’ll try to tell her when I’m ready…”

“He’ll not look at you any lesser if you’ll tell her now.”

“I’m not sure.” Nichkhun sighed.

 

 

 

-

 

“Yes dad I understand, I’ll tell him… okay dad…. I miss you too dad, bye!” Victoria then hangs up. She then checked her contacts and spotted Nichkhun’s number. Her dad invites her and Nichkhun for dinner and she can’t say no so she had no choice.

 

“Hello Victoria?” Nichkhun answered but Victoria can hear baby’s cry on the other line.

“Dad wants us to eat dinner with him.” Victoria said but obviously, Nichkhun haven’t heard it since the cry of the baby got louder.

It took several moments before the cry of the baby was gone.

“I’m sorry about that Victoria, the baby in the clinic can’t stop crying, I just hand to pass it to her mom. What did you say?” Nichkhun said. He went out of the clinic to have a clearer conversation with her.

“I said dad wants us to eat dinner with him later at seven, I’ll text you the place.” Victoria repeated.

“Okay, I’ll be there.” Nichkhun replied.

“Okay, bye.” Victoria bluntly replied as she ended the call. Nichkhun can’t help but chuckle over her mood… but he knows that it may something that concerns about him lying to her which she eventually found out through his own mouth.

“I’m sorry Victoria.” He mumbled as he entered the clinic.

 

 

-

 

“Dad, don’t you want to order some food?” Victoria asked as she checked the time, its 7:30 and Nichkhun is not around yet. She texted him saying that her dad is waiting yet received no reply.

“Let’s wait for Nichkhun, I’m sure he’ll be around.” Her dad replied which just made her look down.

 

Victoria is losing her patience, it’s 7:45 and Nichkhun is not around, she knows her dad’s usual dinner time is between 7:00-7:30.

 

“Waiter!” she called which surprised his dad who was busy with his phone.

“Victoria your husband-“

“He texted me dad, he said that he’s caught into a situation with Dr. Hwan, he can’t leave him yet… he said he might not be able to come and he’s sorry. He said that he’ll make it up to you.” Victoria reasoned out as she received the menu from the waiter.

Her dad just sighed… and she can perfectly say that he’s disappointed.

So much for first dinner out her dad invited them after the so-called ‘wedding’.

 

“Victoria you seemed pissed off.” Her dad mentioned upon seeing her daughter’s grumpy expression since they started eating.

“No dad, I’m just thinking about something.” Victoria replied as she continued to stare at her food.

“Don’t be too hard on your husband, I’m sure that he wants to make it to this dinner, maybe the situation with Dr. Hwan is too urgent for him not to be able to leave.” Her father tried to defend Nichkhun since he was sure that Victoria would show her mood on him… he knows his daughter afterall.

“Don’t worry dad, I won’t do anything.” Victoria replied, obviously lying. She’s furious now, she’s angry at Nichkhun. He could have just texted saying he can’t go… or saying that he’s into something so her dad would have not waited for long. It would have been a good thing if her dad was waiting for a client or business partner… but he’s not…. Victoria knows that what she’s thinking is downgrading Nichkhun, but she can’t help it… she’s too disappointed on him. After lying over him being in the clinic when the truth is he wasn’t there, working on a job in a restaurant without telling her… then now, not showing up in a dinner with her dad. Too much for her to trust him immediately.

 

-

 

 

Victoria was surprised to hear a car parking infront of her house. She then took a peak and was surprised to see Nichkhun get down from the car. She then saw a woman get out from the driver’s seat and went to Nichkhun’s side. She can clearly say that she is beautiful in the night light… and they’re talking. She can say that she’s in their line of age… and she just cupped Nichkhun’s face while saying something as Nichkhun was nodding.

This made Victoria’s blood boil for more. She’s been trying to clear her mind since she arrived in the house not seeing Nichkhun. She tries to tell herself that she’ll not confront him until he tells her the truth….. but she’s fuming now… he Indian her and her father over the lady he’s with now…. And again… too much for him to deserve her trust.

 

 

 

Nichkhun entered the house and was surprised to see Victoria sitting on the couch with her arms crossed on her chest… and he c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter