WARD 6

He and She
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARD 6

 

“Where was Nichkhun yesterday?” Krystal asked as she entered their office, she has just finished her rounds.

“Do I have a GPS tracker of him?” Victoria asked bluntly as she continued to type on something.

“Qian.”

“Fine… for sure he’s in the clinic, where else would he be? He left earlier than me yesterday.” Victoria replied as she saw Krystal stern look on her.

“He wasn’t in the clinic, Dr. Hwan also volunteered to be a part of my team yesterday… you might have forgotten, yesterday was the medical mission in their community. I asked Dr. Hwan if where was he but he said that he didn’t know.” Krystal informed her as she sat on their couch.

It somehow called Victoria’s attention. Actually, the reason why she’s not in the mood since she left the house was none other than Nichkhun.

“I don’t know if where he is…. I don’t care.” Victoria replied as she returned her attention to what she’s doing. Krystal let out a smirk as she looked at her best friend mischievously.

 

Since they left her dad’s house three days ago she dropped her off to the usual bus stop so he can go to Dr. Hwan’s clinic. Since Victoria is used to go home late, she was surprised to see Nichkhun arrive home past twelve for it was her first time to actually go home early. What made her furious on him was… she couldn’t understand what urged her to cook dinner thinking that Nichkhun would be home early. A part of her was saying that atleast for once, since she got him in this trouble, atleast treat him like a husband. She cooked sweet and sour pork and fried rice…. But ended up throwing it without even eating her own part.

When Nichkhun entered he seemed not to notice her so she faked a cough and it made him face her. She don’t understand but she felt something strange with the way he look at her… there was something in his eyes that he couldn’t understand. She was about to ask him if he has atleast eaten dinner though she thinks that he already did since it was past twelve… she’s just this stupid girl hoping that he didn’t since she cooked something. But then, Nichkhun just smiled at her and headed upstairs. Same with his eyes, there was something in his smile… it was obviously fake for Victoria.

 

The next day, Victoria found out that Nichkhun left early though he cooked breakfast for her. In the evening, Victoria was surprised to see him enter the gate together with her and it was past eleven in the evening, her usual time to go home… and during this time… it would either be Nichkhun is in the living room or in his room… but now he’s beside her. She wanted to ask him if why was he home late but words seemed not to escape from . On the other hand, Nichkhun just smiled at her, let her enter first and lock the door. He then headed up his room without talking to her. When before, Nichkhun would wait for her to arrive saying that he couldn’t sleep and would say ‘goodnight’ when they both head up their room.

This morning, Victoria was able to wake up earlier than him as she cooked breakfast. She has just finished cooking when Nichkhun went down. She then asked him to join her for breakfast… but for the first time, Nichkhun refused on her saying that he needed to go. His phone even rang and he told the caller that he’s on his way. Sulky Victoria then ate her breakfast alone.

 

-

 

Dr. Hwan was surprised to see Nichkhun leaning on his table, obviously sleeping. He has just finished his last patient before lunch and he noticed that he didn’t hear Nichkhun’s voice talk to the patient before she go out since Nichkhun would usually usher the patient until the door every after check-up.

 

“Khun… Nichkhun.” He tapped his shoulder. It took a while before he moved and eventually got up, he was in deep slumber.

“Are you not feeling well? You can go home if you want.” Dr. Hwan said, worried.

“No I’m okay, I just didn’t have a good sleep last night.” Nichkhun replied as he stretched.

“Okay then let’s go have some lunch.” Dr. Hwan said. As he took a step he suddenly felt his world spin for a moment which made him hold on the table for support. Nichkhun immediately noticed it. He stood up and helped the old man sit on his chair.

“Dr. Hwan are you okay? What’s wrong?” Nichkhun immediately asked. The old man started to massage his temple as he could even feel somehow having an uneven breathing. He closed his eyes and tried his best to steady his breathing as Nichkhun started to feel nervous about his situation.

“Dr. Hwan tell me what’s wrong?” Nichkhun asked.

“Nothing Khun, I’m just hungry, it’s almost past lunch time.” Dr. Hwan replied calmly as he has recovered from a sudden dizziness.

Nichkhun got some water and handed it to him.

“It’s also hot nowadays.” Dr. Hwan added as he noticed Nichkhun’s worried stare.

“I’m fine really.”

“I’ll check your blood pressure then.” Nichkhun replied as he got the sphygmomanometer

“I’m fine Khun, nothing to be worried about, I’m just hungry and it’s hot.” Dr. Hwan declined but too late since Nichkhun was already infront of him with the apparatus on his hand.

“You said it’s hot, what if your blood pressure get affected, I know you just encountered dizziness, this is just to make sure.” Nichkhun said as he got the arms of the doctor and wrapped the pressure cuff around his arm.

“This is not your normal blood pressure Dr. Hwan, you better stay here since it’s hot outside, I’ll buy take out and be back immediately.” Nichkhun said after he finished checking Dr. Hwan’s blood pressure and fixed the apparatus.

“But-“

“I’m telling you Dr. Hwan, I’ll just be out for ten minutes so you better stay here.” Nichkhun said which made Dr. Hwan have no choice but to follow.

 

­-

“Dr. Song you’ll be assisting Dr. Kyo in this surgery, Dr. Jung will be there for the FRS(Female Reconstructive Surgery), Dr. Kang as her personal doctor would also be around since his five months seminar is done by now. He just needs to be quarantined for a day that makes the surgery scheduled two days from now.”

“Okay Dr. Taec, I’ll review everything about the patient to make sure.” Victoria replied to Teacyeon, he is the Vice President of the medical center.

 

 

“Vic you’re going home? Have you talked to my cousin already?” Krystal asked as she noticed Victoria starting to gather her things. Dr. Taec is Krystal’s cousin.

“I’ll finish my research regarding the surgery for patient Han Tae Kwan and I’m planning to finish it at home.” Victoria replied.

“Oh and by the way, Minhyuk is back and you didn’t tell me.” Victoria said as she faced her best friend who just showed her a sheepish smile.

“I was actually surprised when I was called to the ER earlier, I thought I have a patient… and it ended up that it was him saying that he’ll do self-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter