WARD 20 (Finale)

He and She
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARD 20

 

 

“How are you baby? Hope you’re doing well there, I hope she’s also doing well with you.” Nichkhun managed to say as he touched the grave while his other hand rested settled the basket of flower beside it.

 

He just stayed there for a while, silently staring the grave with misty eyes.

 

 

 

 

“How are you? I miss you… please take good care of them there… I’ll trust on you.” He said at the grave that’s now infront of him. He moved over to Wooyoung’s grave as his tears were already shed, it always happens when he talks to him this way.

 

 

He didn’t actually expect that he’ll be visiting in graves like this…

 

 

 

If he can only turn back time.

 

 

If he only had the power to re-do things.

 

 

 

If only….

 

 

 

If only….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As he was on his way back to the car, Nichkhun’s phone rang.

 

“Hello Krys?” It was Krystal on the other line.

 

“When do you plan to come over??!” Her voice is obviously…. Mad which somehow made Nichkhun chuckle.

 

“Coming... don’t stress yourself too much, I'm just late.” Nichkhun replied, still chuckling. He’s lucky to have this person in his life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Khun you can’t enter.” Minhyuk and Taec blocked his way from entering. He just came from Africa and headed straight to the hospital.

 

His mom’s words kept on playing inside his mind.

 

 

“Khun… Victoria and Luke are in danger…”

 

 

“How can’t I?! My wife and my unborn child need me! Let me go!” he’s almost getting people’s attention but he didn’t care.

 

“You know the protocol Khun…. You came from Africa for a medical mission, you stayed there for a month which makes you need to do quarantine before doing anything here. It may be an intensive care unit but you can’t simply go in thinking that your wife might get viruses from you.” Taec tried to explain to him as calm as possible. He went back to the hospital after learning about what happened to his sister-in-law.

 

“Taec please…. Please just a glimpse inside.” Nichkhun’s voice was pleading as his eyes were starting to get misty. He’s feeling so helpless.

 

“I’ll move the blinds, go to the window.” Minhyuk suggested as he entered Victoria’s private ICU. Taec then guided him to the glass window.

 

Tears escaped from Nichkhun’s eyes upon seeing his wife’s condition.

 

There she is, lying on the bed, her bump still visible, indicating that their baby is still there…. But Victoria seemed to be not in a good state as machines were actually connected on her.

 

“Khun… better start the quarantine soon to end it immediately… it would be the only time I’ll allow you to go inside.” Taec suggested as he patted his shoulder, he himself didn’t expect this thing to happen. Nichkhun just nodded and followed him.

Minhyuk then closed the blinds as he checked Victoria on her bed. He can still remember how Vera and Teer brought Victoria in the hospital three days ago. She’s filled with blood and bruises as she already experienced bleeding in her l area, which is not a good sign for a pregnant woman. He helped Krystal settle Victoria’s situation and until now, they can’t think of what might happen.

 

“Vic everyone is worried, please be well… baby Luke, uncle Hyukie wants to meet you so be good and we’ll see each other soon. Aunties, uncles and especially your mom and dad are excited to see you so don’t harm your mom and cooperate with us.” Minhyuk whispered as he touched her belly. Everyone is agitated with Luke’s coming, especially him and Krystal since they witnessed how things prospered with this at first; make believe couple… and right now, he also can’t even talk straight to Krystal as she is completely worried with her best friend.

 

 

 

 

“Khun, these are the results of Victoria’s tests.” Krystal entered the quarantine room for Nichkhun. He only got several hours left before the quarantine is over. Nichkhun immediately got the results from her.

 

“How’s the baby Krys?”

 

“Miraculously, Luke is in a good condition. I thought I was going to do an emergency caesarean section the moment the bleeding got heavy but we managed to stop it as Luke showed us positive signs. But Victoria…” Krystal was a bit hesitant in continuing.

 

“What happened to Vic?” Nichkhun immediately asked as he scanned over the results yet it was as if he can’t understand a thing, he’s having a mind black out.

 

“She fell from the stairs which made her head hit the hard cement several times… blood coagulation is actually forming in her. I can’t transfuse any clotting medicines because of the presence of Luke inside her. That’s why I came here to give you this.” Krystal explained as she handed him an envelope.

 

Nichkhun is shaking received the envelope as Krystal’s words kept on repeating inside her. Blood coagulation is not good for a pregnant woman or to any person either. If she can’t receive treatment, it may develop to bigger clots… and he can’t think of what might happen next.

 

“C-section is always ready for Victoria…” Krystal said as Nichkhun started reading the paper, it just need his signature so they can proceed in getting Luke from Vic.

 

But he’s hesitant to do it as he remembers Victoria’s words one night before they went to slumber.

 

“I want to experience the joy of giving a normal birth… I want our baby to be out from me through normal delivery.”

 

“How huge is the clot and its location?”

 

“It’s in her parietal lobe and I’m afraid that it may reach to one inch diameter.” Krystal replied which made Nichkhun shut his eyes close.

 

“If we’ll go on with normal delivery, does she have any stitches?”

 

“She didn’t have any huge cuts and even her head bled, we didn’t have to conduct stitches…. But Khun, normal delivery? That’s basically hitting a rock Khun… we’ll have to wait for her to be conscious before doing that… Khun her life and even Luke’s life is at stake here.” Krystal tried to be as calm as possible yet Nichkhun is triggering something inside of her. She badly wanted to do the c-section to her but Vera said that they should wait for his decision.

 

“Just wait until I get out of this room Krys… please.” Nichkhun pleaded. As much as he also wanted to do C-Section, there is something in his heart that tells him to trust Victoria and Luke… and he’ll do it.

 

Krystal didn’t have a choice but just nod, it’s Nichkhun’s right to decided afterall.

 

 

 

-

He already received a call form Jack saying that he’ll be in Korea a day from now and he’s extremely worried with Victoria and Luke. As much as Nichkhun wanted to say that they’ll be fine, he himself is not sure.

 

 

“Qian… please wake up now… baby boy papa wants to see you too…” Nichkhun whispered on Victoria’s ears as he caressed her tummy.

 

“I love you and I trust on you… you can do this Qian… we’ll do this… please Qian…” Nichkhun continued to whisper as tears were actually falling from his eyes as he caresses his nose to Victoria’s pale cheeks.

 

Since his hands were on Victoria’s tummy, he suddenly felt movement inside as he clearly saw Victoria twitched.

 

“Urmm… urmm…..” Victoria suddenly moaned in pain, her eyes were close yet her hands unconsciously made its way to her belly as she touched it.

 

Nichkhun immediately removed the blanket that covers her and immediately saw her bed wet, his hands immediately traveled to the emergency button as he held Victoria’s hands and kissed it.

 

“Qian you can do it… we’ll do it… please be strong…” he whispers on her.

 

 

 

 

 

Victoria has been conscious for some time as Krystal is waiting for her cc to be complete, she was obviously bearing the pain, yet Nichkhun’s presence was enough for her. She haven’t let out a word since she come conscious because of the sign of giving birth yet he continual grip on Nichkhun’s hand gives a sign that she’s responsive.

 

“aaahhhh…. Urrrm….” Those were the only sounds that comes out from her as she tries to injure the pain. Nichkhun would immediately kiss her hand as he would caress her tummy, hoping for it to lessen the pain.

 

“We’ll just have to wait for few, you can do it Qian… I trust you.” Nichkhun whispered on her ears as he kissed her forehead.

 

“Baby boy…. Luke please cooperate with mama and papa… please don’t give mama a hard time… we know you’re excited to go out and we’re excited to see you too…. But mama is in too much pain already… just wait for a little bit more boy…” Nichkhun whispered on her tummy as he softly kissed it which made Victoria’s eyes misty. She actually wanted to say something but seemed to be so dry and she feels so tired to even move a muscle aside from gripping on Nichkhun’s hands.

 

 

“Doctor Krystal, the dilation is complete… Dr. Vic is ready.” Said the nurse that’s attending on Victoria which made Krystal run towards them.

 

“Ready the delivery room, we’ll move the patient.” Krystal instructed as Nichkhun was also assisting her.

 

 

 

 

 

“Vic I’m ready, you can start the drill if you are ready.” Krystal said as she was already settled in her place as Nichkhun was beside Victoria, still not letting go of her hand. It took several moments before Victoria actually started to push as she tightens her grip on Nichkhun’s hand as if it was the one giving her strength.

 

“Mama you can do it, Luke is excited to see you so he’ll be doing this quick… papa is here…. Qian you can do it…” Nichkhun continues to whisper things on her as he could feel her pain.

 

“Few more Vic… I can see already see Luke…. Few more Vic…” Krystal announced.

 

Victoria pushed several more times until changes in the nurses and junior doctors face were out…. Moments later, a baby cry was heard.

 

“Luke is so handsome.” Krystal said, almost in tears as she held the baby in her hand.

 

Tears also streamed down on Nichkhun’s face as well as Victoria; finally, their baby boy is out.

 

“Khun… do the honor to cut it.” Krystal said as she handed the cutting tool to Nichkhun for him to cut the cord. Nichkhun’s face was so light as he did it, he can’t stop staring a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter