WARD 16

He and She
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

note: this chapter is somehow filled with narration since I'm a bit busy now... I hope you'll understand :)

 

-

 

 

WARD 16

 

Victoria has been staring at the ceiling for quite some time now. It’s past ten in the morning yet she haven’t get up from the bed yet. She then glanced at the lamp shade and as expected, she saw a note from Nichkhun.

 

‘I didn’t wake you up, I needed to go ahead, duty calls! Don’t go to the hospital if you’re not feeling well. Good morning to you and our baby :)

 

His morning notes always make her shed some tears… oh hormones.

 

Victoria caress her bump as she recalled that it’s been a week since she discovered about the baby’s existence. Truth is, she have noticed changes in her body especially on her and on her belly but she decided to shrug it off thinking that she’s just gaining weight.

 

 

 

“Is this true?” she asked again and Nichkhun nodded. It was as if tears were just one blink away to fall as it started to stream down her face.

“Hey, is there something wrong?” Nichkhun asked worriedly as he sat on her bedside and held her hand. It made her cry more.

“Hey Qian… tell me what’s wrong… come on…” Nichkhun’s voice was almost in panic when Victoria suddenly held his hand with both of her hands and brought it to her face as she caressed her face to it which surprised Nichkhun.

“Khun… you won’t leave right?” Victoria suddenly asked which made his jaw drop.

“What are you saying Vic?” Nichkhun suddenly got confused with her actions.

“Nichkhun I don’t know what to do…. How can this happen…. I… I….” Victoria is having a loss of words. She can’t think straight now. Her mind is in chaos as she recalled what brought her in this situation now.

She suddenly felt so afraid. She’s pregnant because of some plan she plotted aiming only for her to escape her dad’s blind date issues as she ended up getting married to some man she doesn’t know. Now here she is, carrying the seed of this specific man…. The man who makes her heart flutter each time he’s around her.

 

“Hey Qian listen….” Nichkhun said as he cupped her face.

“I won’t leave you… I will always be here… don’t worry okay? I’d be here for you and our baby, I’ll never leave your side… remember that.” Nichkhun said in the calmest voice as Victoria shed tears.

Truth to be told, she doesn’t know why is she feeling afraid now. Is it because she’s still not sure about Nichkhun’s feelings for her? Is it because she’s afraid that one day she’ll wake up and realize that Nichkhun is not around and she’ll have their child on their own? Or is it because she’s afraid to become a good mother and fail to take good care of their baby even though it’s just inside her still?

The flashback of her pregnant mother who got caught up in the accident flashes in her mind which suddenly made her cry for more.

 

Nichkhun suddenly felt helpless as he didn’t know what to do and just decided to hug her.

 

“Ssshh…. Don’t cry now Qian… it’s not good for our baby.” Nichkhun whispered which somehow settled Victoria as he continued to caress her back.

 

 

-

 

“Yes dad…. Yes…. My driver is at home and would drive her here if she’ll decide to go to the hospital…… ofcourse dad I disallowed her to conduct any surgeries…. Okay dad…. Okay…. Bye.” Nichkhun couldn’t help but smile.

He has just finished a conversation with Jack… actually it has been a daily need for Jack to call him asking about Victoria since he’s back to US for some business purposes. After receiving a call from Nichkhun telling him about Victoria’s condition, he instantly wanted to fly back to Korea but Nichkhun told him that he’ll look after Victoria so he didn’t have to worry and just have to focus on his work. Since then he started calling him asking him about what happened to Victoria, did she experience this, experience that, crave for this, crave for that… things that concerns pregnant woman and Nichkhun would diligently answer his questions.

 

He glanced at his watch and it was past 10 in the morning, the usual time Victoria wakes up.

Eversince he found out about Victoria’s condition, he somehow found the authority over her. He disallowed her to join any surgeries and she’s just allowed to do check-ups, given that the patient don’t have any contagious disease. Victoria agreed but immediately asked if what will happen to her patients then, Nichkhun then said that he’ll load them under him making Victoria have no choice and didn’t protested… which somehow surprised Nichkhun since he pictured out Victoria to disagree with him…. Or did he just thought about it basing on Taec’s situation over his pregnant wife as well?

 

Which made him remember his dad’s reaction after he told him about Victoria’s pregnancy.

 

“Tell me the truth Khun, did you and Taec plan this out? To get your wife pregnant on the same time?”

 

 

Truth is, at first, Nichkhun was actually bothered by Victoria’s actions. He perfectly knows that it may be caused by hormone changes in her…. Maybe he was just picturing things out for too much. He thought that Victoria might get angry at him, she might keep the baby for herself, she might not pay attention to him…. Or worst, she might end up filing a divorce… which he would never sign.

He once talked about this to Krystal, the only person who knows about the truth between them, Krystal, as a doctor said that it may be a part of some ‘mental’ changes of her caused by hormonal changes. Since he also said that Victoria has actually become much closer to her… well physically since, well not all the time… but Victoria would usually end up sleeping in his embrace after telling him that she can’t sleep. She now practices the act of suddenly hugging him… which he finds perfectly sweet and he’s very happy about it. The girl he love would just suddenly hug him or something… he’s too blessed by the hormonal changes that happens to Victoria.

But then Krystal also said something as Victoria’s best friend and as his cousin… and she told him that Victoria being cold and aloof to him at first is her true self, that’s the Victoria that Krystal knows…. But the moment Victoria started to soften on him, be it because of the baby or not… Nichkhun would never know if she actually have a feelings for him… if she could return the feelings Nichkhun have for her… and Krystal’s words somehow brought Nichkhun hope.

 

 

-

 

“Vic you’re here!” Krystal was surprised to see Victoria sitting on her chair when she entered their office.

“Ofcourse I should be here, just late though.” Victoria replied with a smile.

“That’s understandable blooming lady… but know what.”

“What?”

“I’m perfectly not busy today.” Krystal said with a smile as she sat infront of her.

“Which means?”

“We can have some talk.” Krystal replied as she sat infront of her table.

“About what?” Victoria asked as she close the folder that she was holding.

“About you and Nichkhun.”

Victoria wasn’t able to reply as she just stared at Krystal.

“Don’t look at me that way Dr. Horvejkul, I already told you right, I perfectly know that you’ve got feelings for her, so what hinders you from telling him?” Krystal directly asked which made Victoria’s jaw drop for a moment and closed it immediately.

“It’s improper for a girl to admit it first… and what if he already likes someone, what if I’ll get rejected? Krystal I don’t want to take the risk.” Victoria replied with a pout which made Krystal make face.

“Oh my God Dr. Horvejkul! It’s 21st century! Anyone can confess their feelings to someone… and taking risks makes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter