WARD 7

He and She
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 WARD 7

The operation is set to happen on the next day. Victoria has just came out from the conference with the other doctors that she’ll work with on the operation. They were then given the remaining time to rest.

“Where are you going Vic?” Krystal asked as both of them were heading to their office to make use of the remaining time.

“I don’t know… home maybe… you? Date with Minhyuk?” Victoria asked with a teasing look which made Krystal pout.

“Why?” Victoria didn’t expect her to react that way.

“He said he’s not going to rest… since he was out for five months, he wasn’t really updated by the situation of his patient so he’s spending the time for it.” Krystal explained, still pouting.

“oh Soojungie… Don’t worry, after this operation, you’ll have Dr. Kang all by yourself.” Victoria replied with a tease.

 

-

Victoria has been contemplating on whether to push through with her plan or not….

 

 

But now here she is, infront of Dr. Hwan’s clinic.

 

Victoria decided to go out of her car as she took a deep breath. She really couldn’t understand what had come into her that she had the thought of visiting Dr. Hwan’s clinic. This is her first time to come here.

 

As she was about to enter the clinic, she stopped mid-track since the signage was changed to Doctor is out. She thought that they’ll probably eat lunch.

Victoria retreated as she couldn’t find the right reason to say if asked if why was she there…

As she couldn’t answer the question.

Why is she there?

 

Victoria has took the last step of the four steps stairs in the entrance of the clinic when she suddenly heard commotion inside which made her run and enter the clinic since she did push the door and it was open.

There she found Dr. Hwan holding on a table as a tray of syringe were scattered on the floor. He was holding onto his chest. Victoria immediately runs unto him.

 

 

“Dr. Hwan are you okay? What happened? Where does it hurt?” she immediately helped him sit on the nearest chair.

It took several seconds before Dr. Hwan returned to normal stage as Victoria busily looked for stethoscope inside the clinic.

“Dr. Hwan let me check on-“

“No need Victoria, I’m fine.” Dr. Hwan stopped her as he raised his hand.

“But Dr. Hwan, you just experienced chest pain.” Victoria insisted.

“It’s heart burn Victoria. I’m a doctor like you and I know myself better.” Dr. Hwan replied which made Victoria stop. She knows that Dr. Hwan knows about the truth between her and Nichkhun… and she could feel that he does not like it. Ever since the wedding to reception, Dr. Hwan acted cold and aloof over her which she didn’t really mind at that time. But now, she suddenly felt hurt by the way the doctor treats her.

“But Dr. Hwan, you do know that as a doctor, when a person or a patient feels something different from their usual condition, they should immediately have a check-up to have an early knowledge whether it is something to be concerned about.” Victoria decided to shove away her thoughts as she insisted. She knows that she might not be able to win over this old man, but she wants to try. She could feel that there was something wrong in him.

“I know that… but I’m telling you it’s heart burn Victoria, I drank too much acidic drink earlier.” Dr. Hwan replied as he stood up and headed to his table.

Victoria just gripped the stethoscope she was holding.

“Dr. Hwan I won’t bother you after I get to check on your heartbeat and pulse, promise.” Victoria swore as she even raised her right hand. This is how she settles with older patients she had encountered during her practice.

“That act won’t work on me Dr. Song…. Or should I say Dr. Horvejkul?… I’ll leave for lunch, do you want to come?” Dr. Hwan has the tone of sarcasm during his first statement but changed his tone as she asked her for lunch. She haven’t eaten lunch yet but she was not sure if it’s a good idea to have lunch with Dr. Hwan since he seemed not comfortable with her.

“You look like you’re not sure whether to come with me or not, don’t worry I don’t bite.” Dr. Hwan said as he removed his coat and hanged it.

“Uhm, okay.” Victoria finally replied as she returned the stethoscope on top of Dr. Hwan’s table. She also thought that it would be a good idea for her to eat with him since she’s not convinced with what he said that he just had a heartburn.

“I’ll just go to the comfort room then we can get going.” Dr. Hwan excused himself as Victoria nodded. She then turned her attention to the floor with the scattered syringe, good thing they were still packed. She started to pick it up and returned it to the table. She then realized who owned the table, it’s Nichkhun.

“Where is he?” she suddenly asked as she realized that he wasn’t around.

“Nichkhun texted me this morning that he couldn’t come since he’s busy on something so I allowed him. It’s just me here.” Dr. Hwan replied on her question which made her face him.

That made Victoria think again… this morning Nichkhun left early, though they’ve eaten breakfast together. Victoria needed to stay for a while since she haven’t prepared yet.

“Let’s get going Victoria, I still got a lot of patients on the list this afternoon.” Dr. Hwan said as he headed to the door. Victoria just nodded and followed after him.

 

 

They ended up walking to a nearby restaurant as Dr. Hwan declined to ride her car since it was just a walking distance.

They were eating in silence. Victoria feels like she wants to ask about something… but she couldn’t find the words to say it.

 

“Nichkhun.” Victoria was surprised with Dr. Hwan’s voice as she looked up since she was busy staring on her food.

“I think you already know how we met and the reason why he’s close to me.” Dr. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter