WARD 4

He and She
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARD 4

“Victoria I’ll get going.” Nichkhun said as he headed to the door.

It’s been two days since the incident and no one talked nor mentioned about it.

 

After sobbing for a couple of minutes, Nichkhun found the courage to carry Victoria thinking that she’s in no condition to even walk upstairs. Victoria was surprised by what he did but managed to held unto his neck.

After placing her gently on her bed, Nichkhun covered her with blanket.

“Just take some rest and just change when you’re okay.” He said before going out. He didn’t even saw Victoria nodded nor hear her say,

“Thank you.” As she closed her tired eyes.

 

“You’re going to the clinic?” Victoria suddenly asked which made Nichkhun stop on his track.

“Yes.” Nichkhun replied, he would still take a bus in order to go to the clinic.

“I’m also going, I’ll just drop you off the bus station.” Victoria said which surprised Nichkhun, it was the first time that she offered him a ride.

“Wouldn’t it be a bother?” he asked, hesitant.

“It’s still on the way so I don’t think it is.” Victoria replied as she went upstairs. As she went down, she’s now with her bag and ready to go.

“Let’s go.” She simply said and went ahead, Nichkhun was surprised but managed to follow her track.

 

Victoria was supposed to enter the driver’s seat when Nichkhun stopped her.

“Keys.” He said as he opened his palm which made Victoria raise a brow.

“Why?”

“I’ll drive ‘til the bus stop.” Nichkhun replied.

“It would be waste of effort, and besides, do you even have a license?” Victoria asked.

Nichkhun then got his wallet and showed her his license.

“I got this through one of my work before.” Nichkhun explained. Victoria was a bit hesitant since it’s the first time that someone would drive for her aside from her dad and her personal driver.

“We would not waste effort and time if you’ll give me the keys Victoria.” Nichkhun said which brought her back to reality. She just unconsciously handed him the key which just made Nichkhun nodded, he knows she’s hesitant yet she still gave it.

Victoria was about to enter the passenger’s seat this time but Nichkhun stopped her and instead opened the door for her which made her stop in mid track.

“Go in so we can get going.” Nichkhun said, Victoria didn’t respond yet entered the car. Again, another first time for her. It’s the first time that other guys opened the door for her aside from her dad and some chauffer.

 

The whole ride was quiet since no one dared to talk. It didn’t really take long for them to arrive in the bus stop where Nichkhun rides a bus to the clinic. Nichkhun hurriedly went out of the car, waited for Victoria to go out and transfer to the driver’s seat and closed the door. No words were exchanged.

 

-

Nichkhun feels so tired after going home from the clinic. Today there were a lot of children that were Dr. Hwan’s patient and as his ‘self-proclaimed’ duty, Nichkhun has played and entertained them well.

 

As he entered the house he haven’t noticed Victoria’s car already parked and was surprised to see her sitting on the couch.

“You’re here.” Was the first phrase he has said but Victoria didn’t respond, instead she took out an envelope and handed it to him. He then got and opened it to see what’s inside and was surprised to see a plane ticket.

“Dad was here earlier.” Victoria said.

“Oh, I should have come earlier, did he ask something?”

“Why were there no wedding portrait, no pictures around the house and all… I just told him that we’re on the process to have those.” Victoria replied.

Nichkhun just nodded and returned his attention to the ticket.

“What’s this for?” he asked upon reading the ticket destination, Macau.

“Dad didn’t stay long for his reason of visit is to drop that off.” Victoria informed him.

“Why?”

“He knew that I’m going to Macau for a three day research convention and he wants you to come with me for another three day vacation.” Victoria explained.

Nichkhun then checked the ticket again, the date was for tomorrow, so Victoria is leaving tomorrow and she haven’t told him yet? He thinks that he still deserve to know if she’ll be out of the country since it would be just him in the house.

“And don’t ask me if how dad processed those, he have his ways. He said that he planned you to have a same flight as mine but it was already fully booked so you’re scheduled to ride the next flight.” Victoria added.

Nichkhun just sighed since he didn’t have any choice.

 

-

Nichkhun has already contacted Dr. Hwan that he’ll be gone for a week since he’s going to Macau with Victoria.

Now, his plane has already landed in Macau and his making his way to the hotel where he and Victoria will stay.

 

As soon as he reached the front door of their hotel room, he knocked and moments later, Victoria opened the door.

 

“I guess I should get another room.” Nickhhun suggested upon seeing a one queen size bed in the middle of the room.

“Don’t bother to do it, dad will definitely know it.” Victoria replied as she concentrated on arranging her things as Nichkhun realized that this is one of the chained hotels owned by Victoria’s family.

He just shook his he and turned to couch, good thing it was wide enough for a person to lie down.

“Then I’ll just take this.” Nichkhun said as he sat on the couch as he pulled his red suitcase closer to him so he could also start fixing his things.

 

They both decided to eat dinner on the buffet served at the lobby. As they arrived in the dining area two other doctors from the medical center who came with Victoria for the research convention was also there for dinner.

“Victoria! I thought you’re not going down.” Said one of the doctor.

“I’ll eat some dinner and go up, I need to prepare my research.” Victoria replied. Just then the other doctor noticed Nichkhun who was standing behind Victoria.

“I think I know you, I think I saw you before.” He said as he pointed at Nichkhun who was just staring at him. But before he could continue, Victoria spoke.

“Being an emergency room doctor you really have seen him since he’s working in a clinic and he escorts some patient from the clinic to the medical center.”

“Oh I see, that’s why you’re familiar, so why are you here with Victoria?” he asked again which somehow made Victoria irritated.

“He’s a friend and he’s here for vacation. We happen to see each other so we decided to hang out.” Victoria replied which just made Nichkhun nodded. He knows that Victoria doesn’t want any of her colleagues to know about her getting ‘married’ and Nichkhun doesn’t care since it’s somehow just on papers after all.

“But actually I agree on your suggestion about eating on that restaurant, let’s just visit it now since it’s still early.” Victoria suddenly said with a smile which just again, made Nickhhun nodded.

Victoria invited her two colleagues but they refused saying that they’ll just stay since they had a lot more work to do. Victoria then walked ahead of Nichkhun which just made him nodded his head to the two as a sign of excuse and followed Victoria.

 

Since the hotel is located in one of the most famous heritage sight in Macau, the Senado Square they had a lot of places to choose from.

Nichkhun didn’t speak and just followed Victoria as they ended up infront of a Chinese restaurant.

The dinner was again quiet. It always seemed like they’re together physically but isn’t together mentally. After dinner, they were welcomed by the fountain’s light that was the center of attraction Senado Square. Both were awed by the beauty of the square at night. They also noticed how busy the square is.

“Do you want to roam around first? It’s still early, but if you need to finish anything then we can just head back to the hotel.” That was the first statement Nichkhun has said since they went out of the hotel. Well, aside from the time he said his order.

Victoria was tempted by Nichkhun’s suggestion since she knows what’s instored for her in Senado Square.

“Qian?” there he is again, calling her using her Chinese name. Victoria doesn’t understand but she somewhat like the way Nichkhun say her name as it is.

“Uhm… okay.” Victoria acted as if she was just forced by the situation.

 

They then strolled around the area. They had passed by different night markets and Victoria made a mental note to herself to actually visit again for some shopping time before they go home.

 

 

 

Victoria woke up feeling light and in a good mood. She has surely enjoyed last night, no wonder her dad decided to build one of their chain hotel in Senado Square since it’s really a center of attraction. The place itself can get a lot of people’s attention. She and Nichkhun had a great time strolling the Square as they even ended up in the stairs to the Ruins of St. Paul. Nichkhun told her that they can come visit during day time if she wants.

 

But now is not the time for fun since she have to attend the first day of the research convention. As she got up to get ready for later, she saw Nichkhun sleeping soundlessly on the couch. Somehow she wanted to protest his decision in sleeping there since she knows that it’ll make a person uncomfortable. Besides, she knows that Nichkhun is tired since they walked around the square for almost two hours but Nichkhun insisted that he’ll just stay on the couch and she takes the bed, and there she stand defeated.

 

After getting ready, Nichkhun was still sleeping so she just decided to leave a note saying that she left first for the convention and he could just roam around Macau if he wants. She also left bills and card for him to use.

 

 

Nichkhun woke up still feeling a bit tired of last night. He didn’t expect that Victoria was actually a stroller that she can survive a two hours walk none stop… he can even imagine that she’s actually a total shopper also since he could hear him mutter several words when they happen to pass by different clothing stand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter