WARD 10

He and She
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARD 10

 

It’s been three days since that incident. Dr. Hwan is still unconscious and Nichkhun is unresponsive to them, well not physically but mentally and emotionally. After he woke up, he didn’t do anything but stay by Dr. Hwan’s side. Taec could just let him leave when he needs to take a shower then would return. He doesn’t even eat. They bring him foods yet he doesn’t eat them or would just take a bite or two then would say he doesn’t have an appetite…. Even the doctors and nurses are also concerned to him, their Managing Director.

 

Victoria on the other hand still goes to the hospital, to check her patients…. And also to check on Nichkhun. She would usually find herself watching him from the door while he’s just staring blankly at Dr. Hwan’s unconscious body. Though Victoria still hates him for lying, she still can’t help but sympathize and pity him… after hearing the story of Taec, she somehow changed a bit of her perspective towards Nichkhun… he’s sad, she could say that he feels alone… and that Dr. Hwan was the one who made him feel that he has a family, and now here he is, unconscious.

 

Taec, Suzy, Krystal and Minhyuk definitely want to save Dr. Hwan, not just as a patient but for Nichkhun. But they are also aware that no medicine, operation or cure can make him stay for a long time… it’s a fatal situation…. At the moment, all they hope is for Dr. Hwan to be able to wake up for atleast an hour for Nichkhun to talk to him…. It may hurt him but they know that it would be better if he’ll be able to say goodbye rather than say nothing to him.

 

To add on Taec’s problem is their parents. He told his dad that he found Nichkhun and about the situation of the person who took good care of him… his dad promised to be back immediately after he solves the problem of the corporation in US. He also found the courage to tell their mom but he received nothing from him. Reply, glance or atleast a nod, none. If before, as the president of the hospital, she would be there every other day, since the time Dr. Hwan was confined, their mom haven’t showed up in the medical center. Since their mom still receives patients, she passed it to some well-known doctors they have saying that she needs to attend on something. Taecyeon doesn’t even know how to bridge their mom to Nichkhun who definitely needs someone now…. Someone whom they call, mom.

 

 

Victoria is walking while staring blankly at the floor when a voice called her.

“Victoria.” She immediately looked up to see her dad with Mr. Chan few steps away from her. She don’t know but she suddenly felt like crying with the sight of her father as she quickly run to him for a hug and it made her start to sob.

“Hey princess what’s the problem?” Jack asked as he caress Victoria’s back.

“Nothing dad… nothing.” Victoria replied as she broke the hug to wipe her tears. Maybe she was just so thankful that she may not have a mother now, atleast she have her dad that’s always there for her.

“Are you sure baby?” Jack asked as he cupped Victoria’s face. She just nodded.

“What are you doing here dad?” Victoria asked.

“I haven’t received a call from you or Nichkhun since the time we went to play golf… I visited your house this morning just to find your paid helper every weekend, she told me that you’re here with Nichkhun since Dr. Hwan was hospitalized, that’s why I immediately came here.” Her dad explained which made her nodded.

She was having some thoughts about telling her dad about the real status and situation of Nichkhun. She’s not sure if Nichkhun would like it… but what is his stand about this? He also kept it from her right?

“Dad.”

“Yes princess?”

“I need to tell you something about Nichkhun.”

 

 

 

Victoria was surprised after not seeing any reaction from her dad. She told him everything she knows about Nichkhun based on Taecyeon and Krystal’s story… well except the part that they compromised to have him as her husband.

“Dad?”

“So it’s true, you really don’t know.” Her dad replied which made her eyes widen.

“What do you mean?”

“I know Nichkhun’s status the very first time I saw him in my birthday.” Her dad informed her which became like a bomb on her.

“How?!”

“I’m a stockholder of Global City Co. The corporation Nichkhun’s family own. I already met him once but maybe he didn’t recognize me since he was surrounded by a lot of people… but I can clearly remember his face… I was quite surprised when you introduced him as an assistant in a private clinic.” Her dad explained as Victoria tries to sink in the information.

“I talked to him during the wedding right?” Jack asked as Victoria nodded. During the reception her dad went towards their table and asked Nichkhun for a ‘man to man’ talk. Thinking that her dad was just going to remind Nichkhun about taking good care of her and all, she didn’t mind it.

“I asked him why…. He told me that he didn’t want you to know about it now since things are complicated in his situation… he told me that he’ll tell you in no time and I trusted him on that.” Jack continued.

So from the start, Victoria became a victim of the lie she started.

“Where is he now?” Jack asked.

“He’s in Dr. Hwan’s private ICU… he’s not leaving his side unless he needs to go to the bathroom, take a shower, eat a bite or two… everyone is starting to get worried about him now.” Victoria replied with a sigh… she was worried… very worried. He looks pale and she can say that he already lose weight.

“He needs you right now princess… what have you done for him?” Jack said which made Victoria look down. For three days she have never talked to him nor face him… she’s contented in looking from a far as she can still feel upset about his lie.

 

 

 

 

“Nichkhun.” For the first time in three days she called his name with no tone of hatred… it was calm and endearing… especially to Nichkhun’s ear.

He was surprised to hear her voice calling him. He knows that she’s in the hospital and would sometimes stay at the door but he never reacted… atleast he could feel that she cares… either to Dr. Hwan or him.

He turned around to face her.

Victoria’s eyes welled upon seeing him up close, his face got thinner, his lips were pale, his eyes were dark… it wasn’t the Nichkhun she come to know.

“What is it Qian?” and there he is with his calm voice, calling her in her Chinese name. She tried to gulp as she bit her lips, still suppressing her tears. Maybe this is the result of what she’s feeling for him now… even how much she hates him, even how upset she is…. She can’t fool herself that she have definitely fallen to this person.

 

“Someone wants to talk to you.” Victoria replied. Nichkun’s eyes twitched as he didn’t expect to see Victoria’s dad by the door, standing and looking at him with sympathy.

 

 

 

 

“How are you son?” Jack asked upon Nichkhun’s arrival infront of him. Nichkhun looked down as he tried to suppress his tears… it wasn’t the first time that someone asked him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter