WARD 18

He and She
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

WARD 18

 

“How was it?” Victoria asked as they entered the house. They both has just returned from the lunch and dinner prepared by Suzy and Taec. And obviously, something good happened to Nichkhun for a smile not to leave his face.

“I don’t know… I feel like I’m-“

“In cloud nine?”

“Right.” Nichkhun smiled sheepishly.

“I’m happy for you… finally.” Victoria said with a sweet smile.

 

 

“Nichkhun can I talk to you?” Nichkhun’s eyes widen upon hearing the voice from his back. It’s almost night time and he’s staying in the balcony. He was actually with Taec earlier but he left saying he’ll get some drinks.

 

“Mom.”  Nichkhun managed to say as he faced her.

 

Vera was just look at him with hands clasped together. Her eyes were already misty as she stares at her son’s face…. Her youngest…. Her baby… if Wooyoung wasn’t sick, Nichkhun was the closest to her as Taec is really close to Teer. But after the diagnosis of Wooyoung’s condition, everything changed as she paid more attention to Wooyoung. What made matters worse was when she blamed Nichkhun with Wooyoung’s death after he backed out from the operation. It was an anxiety feeling she had after losing her son… it took her a year to contemplate on things and finally realized her mistake. She badly wanted to say sorry, to make things right… but Nichkhun disappeared the time she was ready. And she was somehow blamed by Teer about Nichkhun’s disappearance. It made another thing trigger in her to hate Khun…. Maybe she’s becoming too childish but that is her nature, she can’t accept things that gone wrong without blaming someone.

The moment she knew about Khun’s return, her thoughts were mixed up between saying sorry and blaming him…. That made her contemplate for more…. Learning he got married made things change on her. She has always wanted her sons to marry good girls, no matter what their status in the society is. Learning about Victoria, she wanted to know about her more and she definitely fell for the girl’s standards making her happy that her son has chosen the right girl. To add on that was when she learned from Teer and Krystal that Victoria is pregnant, carrying her second grandchild. Learning about this things simply made all the things that are buried in her heart to vanish with the wind, she’s willing to start anew.

 

“Mom.” Nichkhun called her again. He was surprised to see her that way.

 

When Vera has finally let go of her tears, she walked towards Khun and hugged him tight as she continued to cry…. Missing the feeling of hugging her youngest, missing the feeling she almost lost because of her acts.

 

Nichkhun couldn’t believe it…. But with the hug, everything seemed to be gone. He feels so light, his mom….. is finally back. The mom he comes to know and look up to is finally back.  Tears were streaming form his eyes as he tightens the hug. How he miss this… feeling a hug of a mother he almost lost for more than two years.

 

No hugs were exchanged… but with the simple hug…. Everything is solved.

 

 

-

 

 

“Vic I thought you’re coming with me?” Nichkhun asked as he just walked in her room without bothering to knock. There he found her infront of the mirror staring at her figure with a pout.

 

“Vic?” he called her again as he touched her shoulder to make her face him. She’s obviously pregnant for 17 weeks now, her bump is very visible.

 

“Hey what’s the problem?” he asked as he cupped her face.

 

If one thing has changed, it’s their interaction. They’re now acting like a real couple… just one thing is missing to make everything perfect.

 

Admission.

 

 

“Why do I feel so ugly? My face feels so bloated…-“ Victoria started to blabber her insecurities over herself as she stared at Khun but Khun immediately stopped her touching her lips.

 

“Sssshhh…. Haven’t we talked about this? It’s all part of your pregnancy that’s why you’re feeling this. You’ve got nothing to worry about… you’re very beautiful Vic… infact you’re clearly blooming.” Nichkhun said as he caress her cheeks using his thumbs.

This started when the baby turned seventeen weeks; Victoria started to notice changes on her. Saying she’s ugly, she’s bloated, her legs are ugly, her feet got bigger, her S-line is almost not visible and a lot more. Nichkhun was actually surprised that Victoria is aware about how perfect her body is, from her S-line to her honey legs… but he can’t help but find her adorable when she’s complaining about it. Truth is, for Nichkhun, he doesn’t really notices it and for him, Victoria is actually blooming. She’s becoming more beautiful each day, but her insecurities kept on making her complain.

 

“But-“

 

“Sssssh…. baby might think that mama doesn’t like baby to be with her since she’s becoming insecure… and papa doesn’t want that to happen.” Nichkhun said as he caressed her bump which made her pout.

 

“Ofcourse not baby, mama loves you, sorry baby.” Victoria finally said as she caressed her belly too… and it moved. It wasn’t a kick or something, it was just a simple movement by the fetus but it was like responding to their talk which made them both smile.

 

“See? Baby is happy so mama should be.” Nichkhun said as he cupped Victoria’s face again and kissed her forehead.

 

“Now, time to get going.”

 

 

-

 

 

"The baby is perfectly fine; you’ve got nothing to worry about. Baby is very healthy and so is Vic.” Krystal said as they ended the sonogram and after letting them hear baby’s heartbeat.

 

“Krys, is it still possible for me to have post-experience?” Victoria is actually worried about it. She had this a lot of time from Krystal. She’s telling her that some of her patients are actually experiencing post-experience symptoms of pregnancy. Her not experiencing it aside from always wanting to sleep and once got nausea, dizzy and ended up being unconscious after the surgery which made them find out about her condition, she didn’t experience any.

 

“As of now we can’t clearly say things Vic, but you’re healthy and the baby is, so I think you won’t… don’t worry about it.” Krystal replied which somehow made her relieved.

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

Nichkhun is thinking deep. After hearing his baby’s heartbeat urged him to confess. He’s somehow feeling sure that whatever he and Victoria has is not one sided, he can feel that she has a feeling for him too and he didn’t want to lose the opportunity… he wants the baby to be born knowing that he or she is made with love.

 

 

 

“Khun can we go home now?” Victoria suddenly entered his office which broke his thoughts.

“Why? Are you not feeling well?” He asked as he stood up and sat beside her on the couch.

 

“It’s boring, I’ve got no patient and I can’t enter ICU to do my rounds so what’s the point of staying here?” Victoria replied with a pout which made Nichkhun chuckle.

 

“Okay, I’ll just fix my things and fetch you from your office, how’s that?”

 

 

 

 

-

 

“Khun, what do you want, a baby boy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter