WARD 3

He and She
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARD 3

 

“I’m going, I’ll be having a surgery tonight so don’t wait for me to be home, I have my keys.” Victoria said to Nichkhun who was still eating his breakfast. Nichkhun just nodded and with that, Victoria left.

It’s been a month since the wedding. It happened in a small chapel as decided by both Nichkhun and Victoria so they can have a reason why they only invited a few people. At first they even made a plan on not to have the wedding but instead just sign the contract which was greatly opposed by Victoria’s dad. So it happened, if it was a wedding by people inlove, you can perfectly name it a perfectly solemn one. Only a few people were invited and everything seemed to be perfect.

Night before the wedding, Victoria talked to Nichkhun again, asking him if he’s planning to backout but said he won’t for it seemed like Krystal is now working big time in processing the compromise deal since Nichkhun received the news that one of the patient from Dr. Hwan’s clinic was already discharged after having a successful kidney surgery and has fully recovered.

Exactly a week after the wedding, beyond Victoria’s dad’s knowledge was only the time when Nichkhun has finally moved in to Victoria’s house. Her dad wanted them to get a new one but they insisted that it would be better since it’s just the two of them. Nichkhun stays on the other room while Victoria stays on hers. Nichkhun didn’t really want to leave Dr. Hwan since it would make the old man be alone again but he got no choice, it’s a ‘husband’s duty’ if he may say.

Their arrangement wasn’t really made but it seemed like they just got used to it. Since Victoria has her hospital duties while Nichkhun still continues to help on Dr. Hwan’s clinic, they don’t normally see each other at home but if Victoria wakes up first in the morning, she would make a breakfast for the two of them since they only got a person who cleans the house on weekend. If Nichkhun is the one who wakes up first then he’s the one who cooks breakfast, would eat his own and leave the other for Victoria to eat when she’s up.

At night, it would normally be Nichkhun who’s home first since Victoria sometimes needs to stay late in the hospital for some concerns. Nichkhun would normally wait for her since he also can’t sleep early for he’s used to have a habit of nightly chats with Dr. Hwan.

 

 

“Nichkhun I know I have never asked you about this but let me ask you now.” Dr. Hwan said after his last patient left to Nichkhun who was busy arranging some medicines.

“What is it Dr. Hwan?”

“How is your life with her?” Dr. Hwan asked.

“With Victoria? It just feels like I’m on an apartment and sharing it with a girl then we would normally not see each other beside breakfast.” Nichkhun replied as if it was nothing. He wasn’t really interested on the topic, besides he doesn’t care for he has repeated it a lot of times that if it wasn’t for the clinic, he wouldn’t have agreed with this.

“Nichkhun, this morning I received a delivery of new sets of syringe, adhesive bandages and other common equipment, I wanted to decline but the delivery man insisted that he would just leave it at the door if I won’t accept it… some patients were coming so I didn’t have a choice but to accept it.” Dr. Hwan shared which made Nichkhun stop what he was doing… yes, before it was just medicines and the patients but in the past week, some common immobilizing equipment were also brought in there. He once asked Krystal why was she also sending those but got no response from Krystal other than a poker face.

 

-

“Dr. Song is the team ready for later?” one of the senior doctors asked Victoria.

“Yes doctor, everything seemed to be fine and we’ve been closely monitoring the patient since yesterday to make sure not to have any complications.” Victoria replied.

“That’s good, okay then I’ll be meeting you later before the surgery.” The doctor then excused himself leaving Victoria busy reading the patient’s record.

 

“Busy Dr. Horvejkul?” she didn’t bother to look at the person who spoke for she knows that it’s none other than Krystal. Being her bestfriend, she’s the only colleague from the hospital whom she invited to her so-called wedding… and ofcourse being the only one who knows about her whole lie with Nichkhun.

“What if someone hears you?” Victoria suddenly asked as she closed the record and faced Krystal. She have not told anyone about her being ‘married’ and she’s hoping not to let anyone know even though her dad has been bugging her off to process the changes on her papers because of her ‘civil status’.

“Then they would know you’re married, as easy as that.” Krystal replied as they started walking.

“You really love teasing me don’t you?” Victoria asked which made Krystal smile.

“Of course, you should see your face best friend… so…. Precious.” Krystal replied with a tone of sarcasm which just made Victoria roll her eyes. This is one reason why they go along well with each other… they’ve got the same attitude.

“So how’s Nichkhun?” Krystal asked.

“What do you mean?”

“As a husband?”

“So you expect me to give you a decent answer on that?” Victoria asked still noting sarcasm.

“Okay then, how is he as a housemate? It’s been a month since the wedding.” Krystal replied trying to fish some news from her best friend since she has never shared a single detail on how is she on her life being ‘married’.

“We don’t normally see each other, it would sometimes be on breakfast or at night when I would arrive and would see him doing some things in the living room.” Victoria replied sounding uninterested.

“Ooohh… how boring life could be.” Krystal said with a poker face which just made Victoria roll her eyes.

“By the way, I’ll be going to the place where Nichkhun works and would coordinate with the doctor on that clinic since me and my team is going to conduct a medical mission in the community.” Krystal informed her but Victoria showed no reaction.

“Aren’t you coming with me?” Krystal asked.

“I’ve got no time for that Krys, you know that I’m a bit busy for the next two weeks and beside it’s your team’s medical mission, I’ve got nothing to do with that.” Victoria declined her offer.

“Oh I see… then aren’t you just coming to atleast see your husband?” Krystal asked somehow giving significance to the last word. She seriously love teasing Victoria about her being married since she perfectly know that the lass doesn’t like it but simply got no choice. She can clearly remember how Victoria almost dragged herself just to convince herself to attend the wedding since it was her fault anyway.

 

-

 

After the successful surgery, Victoria didn’t even have the heart to move a muscle. It was another heart stopping moment of her life and she’s really tired. 6 hours inside the operating room was a no joke. She, the team and her co-doctors almost lost the patient but good thing he survived. As soon as she entered her office, she slumped on her couch and fell asleep.

 

Nichkhun woke up around three in the morning to drink some water. He haven’t heard Victoria’s car arrive last night. He then checked the carport just to see her car…. But it wasn’t there.

‘She didn’t come home? Did her the surgery she got involved in got that long?’ Nichkhun asked himself but eventually didn’t give any answer for himself.

When he went back to his room he checked his phone just to know if she texted but as expected he received none. He decided to text her just to know her whereabouts for since he moved in this is the first time that Victoria isn’t home before one… and yes, for the record, that’s the latest time she got home.

‘Where are you? Are you going home?’

Nichkhun then returned to his bed and eventually fell back to slumber.

 

 

Nichkhun has just finished cooking breakfast and he was quite worried that Victoria wasn’t home yet and she didn’t even reply to his message. He wanted to text Krystal and ask her about Victoria’s whereabouts but decided not too since he know that he’ll just get a tease or a no reply at all.

 

As soon as he has settled his own food, he heard the door click; he immediately checked it just to see Victo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter