WARD 15

He and She
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARD 15

 

Victoria closed her eyes to ease the pain. She’s been experiencing this migraine for a week now yet she doesn’t want to drink any medicines since she believe that it’ll be gone after she gets some rest.

 

It has also been two weeks since the time she shared her past to Nichkhun. She never expected him to be understanding and such…. She just came to realize how good is the heart of the man she chose to marry… though just for show….

But for some moments…. She’s even having a hard time knowing if what is reality and what is pretention.

 

 

“Vic is there a problem?” Krystal asked as she entered the room when she noticed that Victoria was massaging her temple.

“Nothing, migraine.” Victoria replied as she went back to what she’s doing.

“And since when did you develop that?” Krystal asked, a bit unsatisfied with her answer.

“Developed? I don’t know… I’ll drink meds later.” Victoria replied, uninterested.

“Are you-“

 

Krystal was cut off by her phone ringing saying that she’s needed in the emergency room so she needed to leave.

 

-

 

“How’s Suzy?” Nichkhun asked as he noticed that it’s the second day that he haven’t seen his sister-in-law around.

“She’s experiencing morning sickness nowadays, I insisted Krystal to advise her to stay at home for a couple of days until the sickness lessen.” Taec replied.

“Suzy is really stubborn.” Nichkhun remarked with a chuckle which made him garner a look from Taec.

“Why? It’s true… she doesn’t follow you, she doesn’t agree with what you say… poor beast over here.” Nichkhun added which made Taec throw a pillow to him since he’s sitting in his director’s chair while Taec was in his couch.

 

“I don’t know… I even feel like I’m a stranger to my own wife.” Taec finally admitted as he scratched his nape which obviously made Nichkhun burst into laughter as Taec threw another pillow.

 

“I’m being serious here!” he scowled.

 

“Okay fine brother, I’m sorry…. It’s just that…..” and another batch of laughter from him.

 

“Yeah fine… laugh all day if you want.” Taec was obviously pissed as Nichkhun tried to calm himself and sat at the couch adjacent to Taec.

 

“Okay, really, I’m sorry… I should have known better… now tell me the problem.” Nichkhun said as he tried to control himself from laughing.

 

“Suzy doesn’t want to smell my scent, I even kept all my perfumes for her, three nights ago I ended up sleeping in the guest room since she doesn’t want to sleep beside me, she doesn’t want to eat with me during breakfast, she hates it if I assist her in doing things…. Now tell me who’s not going to be disappointed?!” Taec cried out loud his frustration with the changes with his wife as she got pregnant which didn’t stop Nichkhun from laughing. Taec again threw another pillow to hit him.

 

After calming himself he stared at his brother first before taking a deep breath to talk.

 

“Look, just try to adjust with the changes with Suzy, I’m sure that it’s just for this period, things will change after this, don’t think about it that much, remember how much your wife loves you… it’s just the mere hormones that’s working on her that’s why she’s acting that way… you can talk to Krystal regarding things.” Nichkhun advised.

 

“I know… I’m trying to be understanding here… I’m extending my patience for her… maybe this is just my anxiety over the situation.” Taec replied.

 

“I understand you man.”

 

“You’ll never understand it until your wife get pregnant herself.” Taec suddenly said which caught Nichkhun off guard.

Will it even happen?

 

-

 

“Dr. Victoria are you okay? We can postpone this meeting and reschedule it tomorrow.” Dr. Kyo suddenly noticed that Victoria is a bit disoriented as they’re meeting about a certain patient scheduled for operation in a few days.

“Vic are you okay?” Minhyuk asked as he’s also going to participate in the operation.

“No Dr. Kyo I’m okay… I’m sorry for worrying you… Minhyuk… sorry.” Victoria signaled them that she’s really okay. Minhyuk and Dr. Kyo exchanged looks first before proceeding.

 

Dr. Kyo suddenly stopped talking when Victoria’s pen fall as they checked on her as she obviously fell asleep.

 

“Vic… Victoria.” Minhyuk shook her as he picked her pen up.

“Is there something wrong?” Minhyuk was already starting to get worried.

“No… ofcourse not… I’m sorry again… I’m just too sleepy and this headache is not even helping… result of sleeping late last night… I needed to review the procedure of the surgery from now until the schedule so I won’t forget a thing.” Victoria insisted as she tried to widen her eyes to wake her senses up.

“Should I call Nichkhun to just bring you home and take some rest?” Minhyuk asked but Victoria just shrugged her shoulder.

 

“Never mind… just don’t bother him, I’m okay, let’s continue.” Victoria declined his offer as she look at Dr. Kyo to make her continue.

 

 

After the meeting, Minhyuk and Victoria left Dr. Kyo’s office.

Minhyuk was about to go the opposite direction when Victoria called her.

“Minhyuk!”

“Yes Vic?”

“Please don’t tell Krystal or Nichkhun about what happened… it’ll just make them worried… I’m perfectly fine.” Victoria said, Minhyuk took a deep breath first before nodding. He knows that he cannot do anything since the lady infront of him is just as stubborn as his girlfriend… so it would be too much if he’ll still argue.

 

 

 

 

-

 

“Victoria…. Vic…” Nichkhun knocked on Victoria’s door to wake her up. He has finished cooking breakfast yet she wasn’t up yet.

“Vic are you okay? Aren’t you going to the hospital today?” Nichkhun asked from the door, yet, still no reply from her. He then tried to twist the knob and was surprised to see it open.

 

As he entered, he saw her laptop open infront of her study table with some test results scattered. He fixed it up before heading to her bed, only to find her snuggling under her blanket as she hugged her pillow, an angel sleeping.

 

“Vic… Qian… Qian…” Nichkhun didn’t really have the heart to wake her up but he’s also afraid that she might get mad at him if he’ll not wake her up just like what happened the other day.

 

 

That day, Nichkhun decided not to wake her up as he noticed that she’s beginning to wake up late in the past few days. He thought that she’s too tired with surgeries and all so she needed to regain her energy but it ended up for Victoria to harshly enter his office scolding him for not waking her up before he left making her miss a check-up for a patient. Nichkhun said several sorry as he also learned that the patient actually cancelled her scheduled saying that she’ll do it the other day an hour before the said schedule making him not understand why Victoria got angry to him that way. To add on the tension was Victoria rode a taxi rather than riding his car home making him trail behind it until they reach their gate.

The cliché was, the next morning Victoria made breakfast and even greeted him good morning without mentioning about what happened the other day.

 

“Urrmm….” A cute moan escape from Victoria which made Nichkhun chuckle as he touched her cheeks.

 

“Wake up now Dr. Qian… time to get out from the bed.” He woke her up again.

Moments later, Victoria opened her eyes and greeted him with a sweet smile which surprised him but he immediately returned that with a smile.

 

“Good morning.” Victoria said as she stretched her arms.

 

“Good morning, time to get up, breakfast is ready downstairs, I’ll just wait for you there.” Nichkhun said as he stood up from kneeling in one knee infront of her bed but he was surprised when Victoria pouted.

 

“Why?” he asked… the baby side of Victoria is being shown to him again.

 

Last time, they were heading home when Victoria happened to look at the window and saw a food chain serving dinner open. They actually have eaten dinner in the hospital when he noticed that she started sighing and a visible pout is in her face. He managed to ask her why and she replied that she wanted to eat pork belly served by that specific food chain. Nichkhun replied saying that they’ve eaten dinner already but it just made her sulky as he ended up defeated and made a u-turn as they ended up having a ‘midnight dinner’ in that food chain. Nichkhun was atleast sat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter