WARD 2

He and She
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARD 2

“I’ve talked to the designer and they said that we should go to their shop within this week to check on the gown and suit since they’ve finish it already.” Victoria said in indisposed manner as she took a sip of her coffee. Nichkhun just nodded.

“Then the organizer asked if are you sure that you’re only inviting Dr. Hwan? Won’t you invite other relatives?” Victoria continued to talk.

“Yes just Dr. Hwan, this is just a small event so I won’t bother other people, besides I’m not that close to my relatives.” Nichkhun replied on the same tone as Victoria and she perfectly noticed it which made her look at him and raise a brow.

“Is there a problem here?” Victoria asked.

“Nothing.”

“If you want to back out just tell me and we’ll tell dad so we won’t proceed in this childish plan.”

“Who planned it on the first note? Who dragged me in this in the first place?” Nichkhun now answered back which somehow surprised Victoria. In more than a month of knowing this guy, it was the first time that he has actually answered back, his voice was controlled yet she could feel that he’s boiling.

“You should have thought about the extent of the consequence before deciding to actually announce you being in a relationship and all.”

Victoria suddenly remembered what Krystal told her.

“Then you could have told me that you’re not willing, you could have declined Krystal’s offer.” Victoria didn’t want to lose this him with this… though she knows that she always win when she’s in a conversation with him.

“You know the reason why I agreed with this Victoria.” Nichkhun replied and the way he said her name seemed to be different than the usual.

“Then tell me what’s with you that you’re acting this way? Do you think I’m enjoying this? Then I’m telling you that I don’t. I never plan to get married with a stranger, I lived with my principles in life but I never knew that it’ll be broken by a lie.” Victoria ranted; she’s getting full by how Nichkhun was acting up infront of her.

“A lie that you started so basically you lit the fire and we’re now keeping it burning.” Nichkhun replied as he now had an eye contact with Victoria but Victoria immediately looked away as she perfectly know that he was right, it’s her fault that they’re now in this situation and she knows that they can’t just get out from it easily or even in a hard way.

 

:FLASHBACK:

Victoria almost hurt herself as she gripped her own hand and cursed on her own. She absentmindedly wore one of her diamond cut ring that she bought recently on her ring finger since she usually wore it there. She curses herself for she should have been conscious enough about those things.

After her aunt asked her about the big day she was about to respond when her dad butted in saying that he was also surprised to see a ring on Victoria’s finger when she approached him earlier. He also said that he was just waiting for Victoria and Nichkhun to actually tell him about it but he was thankful that Victoria’s aunt mentioned it. It made Nichkhun and Victoria exchange meaningful glances not knowing what to say for they haven’t planned anything about it. What made Victoria almost have a mental breakdown was the question of her another aunt.

“Victoria how’s the wedding preparation doing? It would be nice if it would happen as soon as possible… maybe before the company’s party for the change of main site so that your dad can announce that his daughter is already married.”

“Oh and by the way what’s the plan? A grandiose wedding for sure.” Added another aunt.

Victoria took a glance at Nichkhun as she faked a smile; she was having a mental block. As if Nichkhun got her point he spoke.

“Uhm, actually the wedding plans are being processed step by step… me and Victoria also talked about just having a simple and as much as possible a private one.” Nichkhun replied though he perfectly sound unsure but managed to just flash a smile which he wishes for the older ones to believe.

“Oh is that so? That’s not a problem, grandiose or not we’re just happy that our dear Victoria is getting married. Then have you chosen the date? If not really I insist that you should do it before the turnover of main branch here.” Her aunt replied, Nichkhun just smiled for he doesn’t even know what to respond. He glanced at Victoria who just gave him a fake smile.

“It seems like this couple doesn’t want to tell us the date yet.” Her dad butted in.

“Okay, just send us the invitation then… just don’t surprise us that the next time we’ll meet you is you’re already married.” Her aunt kidded. Nichkhun and Victoria just nodded, still with a fake smile.

 

After the party, Victoria and Nichkhun headed to the hotel room where they could change to casual clothes before going home. Nichkhun then opened the topic.

“What should we do?”

“Let’s think about it for tonight.”

“How can we call it off?”

“We are not going to call off something if you didn’t reply such thing.”

“So it’s my fault now?” Nichkhun asked in a calm voice, he didn’t want to have any fights with this woman for he knows he’ll only get defeated; her words can hit you harder than you can think.

It made Victoria face him.

“I’m not saying that it’s your fault for I know that in the end the arrow will still point to me… what I’m saying is you should have just not replied… they would stop bothering us if you did not replied.” Victoria replied.

“They’re still elders, it would be unbecoming if we didn’t replied.”

“Whatever, now we have to think about what should we do next…”

Just on time, Victoria’s phone rang a text message from Krystal.

‘You didn’t tell me that you got engaged! I should have known it first! (Note sarcasm here:p)I heard uncle bragged about you getting married soon to some of his colleagues when you left since I was supposed to tell him that I’m leaving as well. This is getting too far from your plan Qian but if you need I’ve got some wedding organizer friends :p’

 

:END OF FLASHBACK:

 

‘Nichkhun I closed the clinic since I needed to go with Mrs. Kim to have her x-ray, just head home I’ll bring dinner.’

Nichkhun read Dr. Hwan’s text message as he made his way to the bus stop… though his mind was still flying somewhere.

His conversation with Victoria earlier wasn’t the usual one, he almost burst he must say. He just couldn’t take the fact that just because of some lie of a daughter to her father just to get what she wants; he gets dragged into the picture.

He can still clearly remember the joy in Victoria’s father when he learned about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter