Stranger 2 : Outsider

Arrogant Stranger

Stranger 2 : Outsider

 

 

 

 

Previously: “Sir.. oh I forgot hyung. You should make your move faster… because she is about to get out from your range.” Jonghyun pointed at the table seat that is now occupied by a guy.

 

It’s his mortal enemy. Jung Ill Woo..

 

***

 

“Can we see each other again?” Ill Woo held Seohyun’s right hand which the girl withdrew right in the instance.

 

“I’m sorry, but don’t you think this is too fast?”

 

“It’s not. Not when you know with our background profile we will certainly end up in an arranged marriage anyways. I just wanted it to be earlier.”

 

“Will you promise me to be loyal? To love me then?”

 

“Yes, I promise you.”

 

“This is what I hated.” She snickered. “But it’s a business deal, of course you come here and go straight to the point. Just so you know, my parents aren’t that desperate wanting me to be with any chaebol guy. You know how the Seo is, so I don’t think it brings me any benefits if you should say so. I have enough money to satisfy me. I’m sorry but you can’t give me what I want.” She smiled, this time sincerely.

 

“What do you want then?”

 

“Answer my question first then. What is love?”

 

“Lo..ve?” He stuttered unsure of himself. “Love is the feeling that you have when you care for someone…”

 

“Don’t give me any textbook answer Ill Woo sshi. Tell me directly what it is from your perspectives. If you care for someone then you love her or him? Like say I meet a grandmother and I help her then I love her?”

 

“..”

 

“You can’t even answer that.”

 

“I will be frank. We have no time to love Seohyun sshi.. we are different.”

 

“It seems that you actually loved someone before.” Ill Woo face turned crestfallen with her words.

 

Soeun.. I’m sorry.

 

“I’m sorry.” Seohyun suddenly bowed. “I just got mad out of sudden because I felt that you are playing with words just to get me to be by your side. You are a nice guy Ill Woo sshi maybe someday we can be friends when you are ready to open your heart and maybe answer my question.” She giggled.

 

“Now I see why you got your reputations. If I knew this earlier I might try to extend our talks in our past functions.” He laughed along with her.

 

“May I talk with her Ill Woo sshi?” Suddenly, a guy came bowing to Ill Woo to ask for his permission to talk with Seohyun.

 

“Sorry but I think I need to go Ill Woo sshi. I hope you stop lying to yourself and find back  the woman that give you the real meaning of love.”

 

“Shall I take it as a sign of rejection?”

 

“That’s quite harsh. How about you take this as a sign for you to seek your true happiness.” She smiled before leaving the still chuckling Ill Woo at his sit.

 

“Let’s go, Won Geun.” Seohyun walked away leading the way with Won Geun who is waiting for her at the exit door following right behind.

 

“I think I just got dump.” Ill Woo laughed madly at his sit alone.

 

***

 

“I forgot to say this, I must say she’s quite a charmer and sly sometimes. Safe to say she’s hard to handle? Or did I already said it before?” Jonghyun laughed seeing the chaebol businessman, Ill Woo looking really perplexed and seemingly gone mad after meeting Seo Joohyun.

 

“I can see that.” Yonghwa nodded in curiosity, sipping his wine staring at the scene amusingly. Calculating his next move.. Seeing how his cousin reacted to every single words she is talking. The fact that Ill Woo actually paid attention to any words she said is surprising to him because Ill Woo is not the type of guy that will pay attention to any nonsense talk. Not just that, she just did something to make Ill Woo speechless.

 

“Shall I explain about the situation there?”

 

“No.” Jonghyun looked at Yonghwa feeling tense with the sudden authority of the man’s voice. “I have no intention on intruding her privacy even more so than I already did.”

 

“Hyung, it seems that she already went away seeing the situation. It’s a loss.”

 

“It doesn’t mean I can’t see her now that I know we are sort of in the same circle.”

 

“Your cousin, Ill Woo looks pretty pissed at first but warm up after. Weird.”

 

“I guess it’s a sign.. that I shouldn’t approach her, I don’t want any complications especially seeing all the drama just now.” Yonghwa stood up cooly, leaving Jonghyun his business card.

 

“Hyung, where are you going?!?”

 

“Jonghyun I want to see you at the YH Industry main branch at Seoul tomorrow, just show the card to the receptionist. You will be dead if you don’t come.” Yonghwa let out a small wave turning his back against his dongsaengs. Leaving them all confused.

 

“Why?” Jonghyun ceased his eyebrows, looking really confused.

 

“Jung Ill Woo. That’s the reason.”

 

“Huh?” Jonghyun looked at Jungshin confusingly.

 

“She was with Jung Ill Woo before right? He loathe Jung Ill Woo with all his heart. His competitor.. in every single thing. The one who was raised as a fine breed to succeed his grandpa and the one who belittle him in every single way. Every single person who even has that tiny little ties with him, he can’t stand them.”

 

“Shouldn’t it give her extra point?” Jonghyun argues.

 

“Waeyo?”

 

“She just dumped him at a dinner in this restaurant where almost everybody in the royal hierarchy goes.”

 

***

 

“Yonghwa yaaaah!” Jessica tapped Yonghwa back happily. “Where are you going without even greeting your lovely cousin?” Jessica glared at him. Jessica was far from the cruel cousin that he has even though she’s called as an ice princess for a reason. She was one of the rare ones that think of him as a family even after what happened. She helped him before, everytime those people belittle him. But still, he never felt that he was apart of The Jung’s family.

 

“Home.” Yonghwa gave her a short reply.

 

“You should stop this.”

 

“What?”

 

“This! I should get you a girl. You are always tense when you meet me, you need to take a chill pill and the only way to do it is to find you some girl.” Jessica shook her head in disagreement over his way of lives.

 

“Then that girl need to satisfy my family requirements which is near to impossible.”

 

“Dare to say it’s possible Yonghwa. You don’t have to try so hard you know.”

 

“I need to Jessica sshi.” She snorted at his response. “You really should stop living like this, it’s saddening you know. Even if you never thought of me as your cousin.. I still am, we are still bonded by blood.”

 

“You shouldn’t have.” He bowed a 90 degrees at Jessica. Yoona watched the drama that just unfold in curiosity. After Joohyun’s drama they got this to entertain themselves.

 

“What was that?” Yoona asked.

 

“That was the creepy effect of Jung Ill Woo.” Jessica faked a shivering expressions. “Oh Yoona you know any girly girl that’s single. She must be high class, demure, rich, extremely pretty, refined, skillful and can hold her own but still humble?”

 

“Me?” Yoona giggled.

 

“Yahh!” Jessica smacked her head. “You are far from the descriptions I gave to you… demure? With that alligator laugh and your reputations? Pwahaha.”

 

“Unnie!” Yoona whined. “Ahh! I got it, Seohyun?”

 

“Seohyun? Uri SEOHYUNNIE?!”

 

“Ne.” Yoona nodded vigorously. “She still bitter regarding a book critique saying that she doesn’t know what love is and she was fuming the entire day regarding that. Haha, that’s the reason why she went to the blind date. And its turn out that it’s with your cousin! LOL.”

 

“Yeah, that. Until Wongeun showed up.”

 

“I guess it’s the best. Ill Woo is not the best material to experience romance too. I still think he’s still hung up regarding Kim Soeun.

 

“Yaa. Shh.” Jessica put her forefinger at Yoona’s mouth. “It’s a secret pabo.” Jessica pulled back and mumbled something that is incoherent to Yoona.

 

“What? Speak louder.”

 

“Ani, it just if you talk about it in that way. Yonghwa is sort of the same species with Ill Woo.. so he’s not a good material to date too.”

 

“He didn’t have any girlfriend, doesn’t he?”

 

“I don’t think so. Not as far as I know. But, he like Ill Woo will do anything to get my grandfather recognition. That’s a bad thing right there. Seohyun will just be a pawn in their game which is the thing she hated the most.”

 

“Thus explain those silly requirements right?”

 

“It’s not silly Yoona. Not when our family requires the same thing too. Status.” Both of them looked at each other in a knowing look without even saying anything. Their face turned gloomy with the mere thought of that impending marriage with whomever rich guy that their family set them up with. And people are calling they bratty for behaving the way they are, not when people think them as a object that they move around.

 

“Come to think of it, Seo and Wongeun I don’t think they love each other at all.”

 

“Neither do I, at least on Seo’s part. But still well they use each other. Wongeun is just her gateaway to explain her absence at her date which clearly she doesn’t enjoy.”

 

***

 

Yonghwa saw Ill Woo smirking from afar and he’s not liking it. He walked on with his head held high ignoring Ill Woo who is standing up in amusement. They shoulder brushed with each other and Yonghwa still kept on walking not greeting Ill Woo.

 

“Mr. Yonghwa. That’s a bit rude don’t you think?” Ill Woo chuckled. Yonghwa stopped walking and turned to look at Ill Woo.

 

“Everyone knows, I’m a man without manners.” He shoots daggers at Ill Woo.

 

“Defensive as ever Yonghwa sshi?”

 

“Annoying as ever Ill Woo sshi?”

 

“No.. tsk. Not Ill Woo sshi. It’s Jung Ill Woo sshi. Called me that everytime or better yet Mr. President. You see MY grandfather asked me to act as the temporary president for a while until he feels well again. He winked before leaving a 700000 won cheque on the table, clearly way higher than the original bill is. “See ya later.” He went off, heading to Yonghwa direction before purposely bumped into Yonghwa causing Yonghwa to stumble but he managed to stable himself by grabbing onto the nearest table. He swore If there’s nobody around he will probably already punched that pretty egoistical face of Jung Ill Woo.

 

Man, he despises him will all his might.

 

“Poop…poop..” Ill Woo friends kept on repeating the same thing at him.  It was a high class party with famous name as the attendees. He went as he got invited by his grandfather who all he did is saying how much shame his father bring to his family.

 

“Guys stop it!” Jessica ran to the scene.

 

He was 6 years old.

 

He didn’t know any better.

 

“Your mom is a !”

 

He punched Ill Woo who was actually silent, not saying anything the whole time he was bullied. His instinct told him to punch Ill Woo maybe because he thought he was his cousin, so at least Ill Woo will defend him from all the scrutinizing.

 

But he was wrong, Ill Woo is laughing the entire time.

 

“Ill Woo!” People screamed frantically like their precious gem is damaged.

 

***

 

Yonghwa was offered his white Audi R8 car keys by the valet but he ignored it and walked across the road calmly. Once he felt that there were nobody near him, he ran to the empty dark alley around the ‘poor neighbourhood’. The restaurant is located near the border of Gangnam which is close to the other side of the city that most of the struggling people live in.

 

He stopped running, and put both of his hands at his knees. He bends down, panting before standing up again and kicked the trash can near him. “DAMN YOU!” He screamed. “ARGHHHHHHH!” He yelled yet again, frustratingly when his eyes went to the couple kissing at the alleyway. He gasped, he hope they didn’t know who he is. He might have interrupted their intimate moment with his screamed but that scene aren’t that romantic, it felt like the guy was making his move while the girl just stood idly there. They stopped though once they heard he screamed before.

 

He really shouldn’t interrupt in other people business. But then the girl pulled away bowing to the guy. He gasped yet again.

 

Because it’s Seo Joo Hyun that is walking away from that guy. 

 

Author's Note

Ohh.. wow. Lots of subbies for the first chapter alone. I guess you guys are really craving for Yongseo fanfics right now LOL. I'm sorry that i didn't put much more of Seohyun in this past two chapters it's because i want to develop it later on. And there's not even any Seohyun perceptions on Yonghwa... Nooo! XD Wait up okay? hehe~

Ohh and please comment regarding this 2nd chapter because i, myself are unsure of what to think about it. I hope its decent enough for all of you. And is a good follow up for the 1st chapter.