Stranger 12 : The Hidden Past 2

Arrogant Stranger

Stranger 12 : The Hidden Past 2

BGM : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1fmoFaYTPc

 

“Even if you need to get marry to someone you do not love.”

“I won’t but if a few dates count why not? I don’t want to get marry to someone with a lot of money, The sense of normalcy will go away.”

“Really?” Yonghwa nodded to her question.

“Other than my dream to get back the rights I deserve and the family name that my family should’ve got. That’s my other dream, marrying someone who is just normal, the way she is.”

***

Yonghwa stood there frozen, wearing a short stricken face.

“Yonghwa yaaa.. take care son.” His mom whispered to his ears, when he cried as hard as he could. He did not make it to the hospital in time. Only if he could…

But he’s strong enough now.

“Seo Joohyun, kwechana?”

“Oppa.. bring me to SNU.” She said as her voice crack. She barely opened her eyes.. as she tugged Yonghwa’s suit.

Yonghwa lifted her frail body and ran as hard as he could to catch the lift, they were there. Jonghyun and some random girl. But they were not on top of his priority. It’s Seo Joohyun. What the heck happened? She was all fine and well before.

“Hyung? What happened to Seohyun?” Jonghyun asked Yonghwa but Jonghyun’s still hiding the girl face from Yonghwa.

“She fainted. I don’t know what to do Jonghyun, I don’t want anything bad happened to her.” Yonghwa spoke, his tone full with worried. As soon as the door of the lift opened Jonghyun took the car keys and asked the girl to go back first.

“Let me drive hyung.” Jonghyun ran to the driver seat while Yonghwa carried Seohyun to the back of the car. Snuggling her close to his body, almost cradling her with her legs dangled. His eyes never left the girl. He was looking at her sweats that he kept on wiping it off. Her messy hair that he kept combing with his hand. Hoping that she will be just fine. Even before the car fully stopped, Yonghwa already opened the door ready to speed through to the ER.

“What’s wrong with her.” The doctor in charged asked him, when the nurses are bringing her in.

He lifted his eyes to make direct eye contact when he noticed it was, Junsu.

“So here’s the bat, hit him.” Yonghwa couldn’t do that. His hand was shaking with anger, but he going to hold it in for the sake of not entertaining them.

“Exactly, you are an exile. You are going to work under us one day. I know you are a smart person.” Junsu grabbed his hair and pushed him away.

“Good dog, you will be our breakfast today ahrasso?” Ill Woo who saw this just walked away, but Krystal who was walking behind him, stopped.

“Soojung ah, a heir need to be strong all by his own if we keep providing help to him we won’t grow.”

“Yaaa! Kim Junsu!” Krystal shouted and dragged the guy away. “He’s still the heir eventhough he is an exile. He’s a direct line of heir.”

“I’m not a heir, and I’m not related to any of you dirty Jung. Get it? And now let me take the egg that I was supposed to take.” Junsu smirked in enjoyment and he grabbed the tray of egg on the table and threw all of it at Yonghwa.

“YAAA!” Krystal screamed yet again. “I’m going to tell Jessica unnie, or even Jinwoon oppa.”

“It’s one thing t0 depend on women but to be beaten up like this. Plain pathetic. If you were going to fight, fight like a real man would. Such a disgrace to our family.”

“Sir?”

“I don’t know… just save her. Just freaking save her. I don’t care how. I have money, I can give you all of it.”

“Wait, it’s ahgasshi right?” Junsu removed the hair that is covering her face gently.

“Call in the Director. I might know what the cause is.”

“It’s not about money sir.” A voice chimed in. “I’m her doctor in charged.” Yonghwa looked at the guy tag.

Seo In Guk.

He heard Seohyun mumbling something, so he held onto her hand when the nurses are trying to stop him from doing so.

“Please, let us do our job.” So he let go of her hand and kissed her forehead, staring longingly at the disappearing figure.

“She has heart disease, she probably did something tiring again. Like running or something.” In Guk said calmly to the nurse. “Make sure that you tell Dr. Junsu regarding that.”

“Yonghwa sshi?” In Guk tried to gain his attention again.

“She will be fine.”

“Will she?” Yonghwa asked albeit lifelessly.

“She will, I guess that pabo girl forgot to take her pills again.”

“Pabo girl?” Yonghwa raised one of his eyebrows.

“I’m sorry for not introducing myself. Yonghwa sshi right? I’m Seo In Guk, her big oppa. Her cousin.” A fearsome figure suddenly stepped in, everyone in the room bowed politely. The awkward Jonghyun bowed together with them. It was a partially greyish hair woman looking nothing like a shabby old lady. The air that is surrounding her was full with calmness, amidst the worry face she is wearing right now. The last time she felt that kind of air was from, Seohyun, her dad and this cousin of her. It was an air that only a Seo family member would carry.

Very regal.

“Aigoooo Hyunnie.” The lady kiss the yet awaken Seohyun’s forehead. “You are a stubborn head just like your grand dad.” The lady stood up to greet the still standing Yonghwa.

“Annyeonghaeseyo, Jung Yonghwa right? I know your grandfather really well.”

“Annyeonghaeseyo, Jung Yong Hwa imnida.”

“I’m Seohyun’s grandmother. Thanks for bringing her in, it seems that she drinks a couple glass of alcohol.”

“She did?”

“You are not aware of it, from what I’ve seen from the newspaper they said that you guys were dating.”

“I’m sorry.”

“You shouldn’t. She’s my granddaughter, I should look out from her. Why should I ask some stranger to take care of her. At least, are you aware of why she’s drinking that stuff? She takes care of her body the most I’m surprised that she did that.”

 “I’m not.”

“How are you supposed to be the one closest to her yet you didn’t know a thing about her?” She asked calmly but still it pierces his conscious terribly. Maybe all of her family members has this so called verbal skills.

“I’m lacking, I will make sure to pay more attention on her health.”

“Why aren’t you guys engaged yet?” Yonghwa coughed awkwardly at her question. Without having the chance to answer her, Seohyun’s grandmother continued talking.

“Seohyun doesn’t need someone that is so busy. She can marry someone who is poor for all I care, even if he intends to only use her money. At least, he will only pay attention to her.”

“Halmeoni, Seohyun is still there.” In Guk tried to reason with his grandma.

“Arayeoo. Can I trust you, young man?”

“I will try my best to earn your trust.”

“I will be honest. I have no ounce of trust left for the Jung’s especially after knowing them so close after all this years. Just love her, from here. Sincerely.” Seohyun’s grandmother pointed at his heart.

“Do you love her?”

“I don’t know.” She scoffed at his answer.

“At least you don’t hesitate. I like that about you.”

“But..” Yonghwa tried to reason. “I think I like her, looking the world from her eyes feel much better and comfortable. You raised such a warm person. I will be dumb if I don’t fall for her.”

“Sweet talker. Such a Jung. That’s the least I can do after her sister death.”

“Death?”

“You didn’t know that either do you. Well nobody actually knows. You should ask Seohyun, and if she did told you something please inform me. I want to know how trustworthy you are depending on my granddaughter trust towards you. For starters, like you see. She has a very weak heart. She already undergoes heart transplant so she can live normally but she can’t over do herself which she has that sort of habit on doing. Do me a favor, take care of her until she wakes up. Make sure she eats regularly and take her meds, oh make sure she sleeps properly. That bad girl has been disobeying the rules too much lately.” Seohyun’s grandmother bowed to Yonghwa which that young man replied politely before walking out of the door followed by In Guk and Junsu.

“Junsu sshi. Just so you know, I still remember you. How funny you are the one working at my girlfriend’s hospital.” He scoffed of  how ironic their fate is.

“The infamous Jung Yong Hwa wasn’t it. I have no time for childish fight, I want to help her recover as much as you want. Picking up fight with your old buddy here is wrong especially in front of your lover. I guess you never gotten rid of your bitter self.” He closed the door, ignoring the fuming Yonghwa. He sat at the chair, holding onto his head he tried to calm himself. He got really agitated whenever he’s in the hospital. Hospital doesn’t bring him any good memories. He doesn’t believe medication can actually help people become alive because they will still die. He doesn’t like the smell of death, the smell of treatment, the smell of his childhood memories. It made him felt lonely, he will just ran away with a mere mentioning of hospital.

He despised the hospital with all his might but then he looked at the still sleeping Seohyun due to the calming drug. He fidgeted on his seat, he was super nervous. His mind goes miles ahead with anything involving hospital, It doesn’t help that the first person that he can actually trust is sleeping there. Yes, he trusts her. She might just be his greatest weakness, but she might just be his greatest comfort.

It scares him of how he felt comfortable with her. He never slept when he is aware of people being there because someone might just stole something precious from him or he might just got stabbed for not paying attention.

It scares him a single look at her face can melt his cold hearted heart. His cruelty can be thrown in an instance. Surprisingly, he wanted to be a better person since he gets to know her usually he will just walked away if he saw anybody got robbed, beaten up and et cetera since the words that “you got to be strong all by yourself because nobody will help you. You need to learn it, so you need to embrace the pain and endure it.”

Or to never trust anybody because human nature is to betray.

He laid his chin on her bed and just silently observed her sleeping face. That cute little gestures she made when something is disturbing her sleep. He sighed, what good did he ever done to actually deserve knowing this young pure girl. He looked at his watch, it’s been 3 hours. She should have woke up 1 hour before, so he went out to push the button making a fuss of how she doesn’t woke up yet. Only when mentioning her cousin name to attend to still not waken young lady, calm Yonghwa down. He still fidgeted on his seat, so he started to dismantle his gadget. Pulling everything out from it’s original place. Not just the simcard, every single chip on it has been pulled out by him. He popped his knuckles to continue putting it back together again. It’s been his habit since childhood to do stuff like this in order to calm his anxiousness.

“Oppa, what are you doing?”

“You wake up! Oh god, don’t do that to me again Seo Joohyun.”

“Hng..” Seohyun felt her eyelids getting heavy again.

“Seohyun!?”

“Ne.”

“I thought I’m losing you for a second.” Seohyun looked at him weirdly.

“I thought you were ensure that I was supposed to be fine, my grandmother or cousin did not visit me?”

“They did, it just I don’t trust the system.” Seohyun chuckled a bit.

“You think there are some conspiracy going on?” He nodded slightly.

“There aren’t. If there are, I would know. I’m the granddaughter of the owner after all.” Yonghwa smiled a bit, before returning to his gloomy state.

“Until when you need to stay here?”

“Until I’m well enough.”

“Get well soon.”

“I will. Do you dislike hospital?”

“I don’t trust it. It just gave me the feeling like someone will die.”

“I won’t. It just I have a weak heart. Still feeling like losing me?” Yonghwa nodded again to her question.

“That’s why you dismantle your gadget?” He nodded yet again.

“Aigooo. Bad habit, how about you stay close to me to make sure I won’t go anywhere.”

“You sure?”

“Hah! You already kiss me now you are afraid of being close. Choding oppa.” Seohyun moved a bit to the side.

“You have work right tomorrow? You need to sleep on the bed.” Seohyun pulled Yonghwa to lay next to her.

“Why are your hand so cold oppa?” Her back is facing him right now. It was awkward.

“I guess I’m not feeling all that well seeing you laying down like that. It reminds me of my mom.”

“Waeyoo?”

“She is found dead on the white floor like you did.”

“I’m not dead. I’m not going anywhere.” Seohyun turned to face him and pulled him into a hug.

“See I’m warm aren’t i?”

“You are always warm Seohyun. You are a warm person.”

“Aniyooo. You are warm too. Your heart is. If people could have melted it, maybe it would be shown earlier because I sure did saw it.” He tightened their hug.

“Thank you for everything.” He mumbled before drifting into the dream land. Seohyun's grandmother looked upon the scene with a very sad smile.