Stranger 20 : Gangsters

Arrogant Stranger

Stranger 20 : Gangsters

Previously:

Yonghwa started to strum the guitar as he stood at the edge of the floor on the 2nd floor, his eyes never leaving her. His eye gazed was intense as he tried to convey the lyrics to her. The crowd was screaming like their throat was about to burst out but it’s as if her ears were deaf and the only thing she could hear was him singing his soul to her.

It’s like his eyes were speaking, understand me… spend time with me… be with me.. forever you’ll be mine.

 

See my eyes, (in my eyes) see my lips (in my lips), See my face
(I would like to know what you really think I wanna)
I don't know why I don't know why I love you baby
I don't know why I don't know how to put it baby, I don't know how to do

CNBLUE – I Don’t Know Why

***

Seohyun was waiting for Yonghwa to show up at the backstage after the performance when she heard sound of steps approaching her from behind but she decided to shrug it out thinking that it was one of the passerby when she felt a hand was on her right shoulder so she turned to look at the figure touching her shoulder, expecting Yonghwa but instead she found a man with cigarette in his mouth with black suits as the button inside was slightly open revealing a gold chain necklace.

She tensed right away, and stepped away from the middle age man that appeared to be a gangster.

“Who are you?” She asked, composing herself the way she knew best.

“Me? Not important. Let’s go out and play young lady..” The man went and put his arm around her shoulder.

“Please go away..” Seohyun groaned as she tried to lift the heavy arm of the guy. “I’m waiting for my boyfriend.”

“Ohh come on, you’re no fun girl…” He tried to reach for her arm with his hand only to be slapped away by her before she started to sprint away from him.

“Hey! Don’t be so fierce can you?” The middle age man laughed like she just did something funny towards him.

“Dude, mind your hands off my girl.”  Yonghwa said sternly as he enveloped Seohyun into a hug, clearly displeased over the disturbance that the man caused to Seohyun.

“Yonghwa.. you need to stop with your protective parade man..”

“Wait?! Sung Joon hyungnim?”

“Right. I’m Sung Joon hyungnim..”

“You know that guy?” Seohyun asked with her eyes widened and a slight frown that can be seen on her forehead.

“Yeah, you can calm down now..” Yonghwa noticed Seohyun reluctance when he felt she snuggled her head on his broad chest. Her hand still wrapped tightly on his back.

“Hyung.. you should stop creeping people like that! She’s not from our circle… You can’t do something like that.”

“She’s with you so she should understand how it works. At least, she went into her man arms..” The latter let out a roar of laughter clearly enjoying the scene.

“I can release you right? Or do you still want to hug me because you’re so thankful to have such a gorgeous boyfriend like me?”

Seohyun pushed Yonghwa as she hits his shoulder repeatedly, her nose was flaring in anger.

“Choding!” She exclaimed.

“Well, you’re head over heels for this choding.. So..” Yonghwa pulled Seohyun back into his arms erasing the distance between them. “Seo Joohyun, this is Sung Joon hyung.”

“Annyeonghaeseyo.” Seohyun politely bowed.

“A-Ah.. Annyeonghaeseyo.” The latter awkwardly bowed back, stuttering in the process. It’s weird nobody really did bowed to him except for his followers.

“Hyungnim?!” Yonghwa burst out into fits of laughter.

“What?!” The guy threw a glare at Yonghwa.

“You just bowed back?! What on earth? Hahahaha.”

“Shut up!”

“Why, isn’t it a courtesy to bow back?” Seohyun eyed her boyfriend who was laughing like a crazy guy judgingly.

“He called himself as a gangster Seohyun.. I never ever saw him bow back to anyone.”

Seohyun mouthed formed an ‘O’ as she nodded lightly to his explanation.

“That’s because I have never encounter a lady on your level bowing politely to me before, there a big possibility they will run away.”

“I did run away before though?” Seohyun left eyebrow arched upward.

“Hahaha. This girl is funny. I like her already Yonghwa yaa.”

“Like as in like as my girlfriend okay?” Yonghwa emphasized the girlfriend part.

“Where’s your followers hyungnim.”

“I left them at the back, I didn’t want to scare off your girlfriend but it seems like it doesn’t work.” He awkwardly brushed the back of his neck, an evident blush can be seen on his cheeks.

“He looks like a nice guy, are you sure he’s a gangster oppa?”

“Pwahahahha.” Both men laughed simultaneously almost faltering to the ground too.

“He’s a gangster leader Seohyun ahh.” Yonghwa said honestly to Seohyun, he was afraid that she might freak out when she heard this.. the fact that he knew this guy but she must know about this. It’s a part of his past that shape him to the person he is today. He saw that Sung Joon hyungnim was about to say something maybe denying their close relationship but Yonghwa shook his head hoping that he will stay silent. It’s about him and her after all. He wanted her to embrace this side of him.

There was silence in the air, nobody dares to speak until Yonghwa break the ice. “Are you okay?”

“I’m but I’m asking you for his full name oppa. How can I greet him if I don’t his name, I don’t want to call your friend as ahjusshi.”

“You know.. Yonghwa is not exactly my friend it just we talked before and you know sign a deal before.. you know the scar on his wrist right?”

“Hyungnim… we are friends all right. They might seem bad Seohyun, but at least they withhold their virtues.”

“I don’t really appreciate your way of approaching me. Is that the way your way of approaching?”

“Yes, it’s a tone down version though.”

“I’m Seohyun, nice to meet you.” Seohyun smiled.

“You’re fine that I know him?”

Seohyun eyed Yonghwa ridiculously, like he just asked her a completely weird question.

***

Seohyun sat there with a secluded bar, feeling glad that there are no indecent stripper dancing around and pushing their way with the guys. It’s just a normal downtown bar with a couple of table except for the fact that Sung Joon oppa followers are staring at her like she was a celebrity or something. She might be a very known novelist slash heiress, but being stared by them sitting timidly at the other table like they shouldn’t talk to her was really disturbing. Though she got to say they were pretty cute although there’s like tattoos on their arm or something and their hair were so messy that it looks like it wasn’t washed for years. Those dyed on their hair looked like they were totally ruined a perfectly fine hair.

She sighed, eyeing Yonghwa standing outside hanging out with his hyungnim. She wondered what kind of history Yonghwa has that he mingled in with them. Because despite coming from the Jung family, his brother and father were public servants. Sure, they won’t want Yonghwa to associate with these kids.

She can’t help but not see them as a gangsters instead they look like some troublesome kids that needed help.

“It’s a surprise, you never bring any of your lady friends here but Seohyun seems like a really nice girl, I was so surprise that she wasn’t running away from us or even dragging you from us.. She got a good head on her, that girl. You’re lucky Yonghwa..”

“I am.”

“She even greeted me with a bow! With a bow! How long has it been since people politely treating me like I’m a member of a society.”

“I know.. I know hyung. She’s a great girl.”

“You should never let her go Yonghwa.”

“I will never do that hyung.. never.”

Sung Joon nodded, as he proceeded to tap Yonghwa on the back before opening the can of the beer. Inhaling the night scent before gulping down the drink.

“Hyung, I have the money you know to help these kids and you.. it’s time to stop this don’t you think?”

“Yonghwa… if you want to continue talking about this I would appreciate if you never visit us again. It’s tainting your reputation and so does your girlfriend. Though she’s a rich ahgasshi, she is even nicer than some middle income brat. I got to say you got it good Yonghwa, but you deserve it. After what you’ve done to achieve this. I’m glad you get it. Don’t come here anymore.. but I will assure you if there’s a time we will be needing your help we will search for you only when we really needing it. I won’t take advantage of you. Never. Okay?”

Yonghwa nodded reluctantly to Sung Joon, his heart feeling heavy to let them be. He turned his head to look at Seohyun, wondering how she is doing.

And he really did got it bad. He was grinning from ear to ear, watching how she tried to make a conversation with those kids.

“She’s cute isn’t she?”

“Don’t.. Please just don’t. Don’t ogle on your girlfriend in from of me kid!”

“Uhh.. you can sit here you know?” Seohyun said trying to dissipate the clear awkwardness that were present in the bar. The boys were eyeing each other, reluctant to approach her until a blonde boy asked her.. “Is it really fine, won’t we dirty the chair?”

“What?! Noo..” She giggled. “It’s fine really.. Come.” Seohyun patted the chair next to her.

They were practically running to approach her, though crushing down some of the tables and chairs on the way. Some were even falling down themselves, tripping with nervousness.

She was second guessing the nature of the gangsters by now.. she doesn’t think they are all that bad. They are genuinely nice. Turned out Sung Joon oppa was in charged to take care the part of the city or what they called it as their turf. They don’t really harm people, more like harming people who are harming the civilians. They do illegal gambling and all.. to add on there some good fighters in the group so they were pretty intimidating. She doesn’t dare to ask more about their business but it seemed like they really got each other back. They came from various background, most of them were quite problematic it seemed they found refuge in each other. They held their virtues strongly, don’t harm other people that weren’t involved and never attack unless the other one started to mess with them.

They started explaining how their hyungnim met Yonghwa. It turned out that it is for some business deal Yonghwa was on and he wanted them to stay away from the building site but they are not going to budge so Yonghwa ensure them by giving them his hand. That’s how he obtained the scar on his wrist.. Sung Joon respects how Yonghwa tried to gain their trust so he ended up just slashing his wrist instead of really cutting it down.

They even gave her some funny questions too.

“How to approach girl without them running away from us?”

“First, Baekhyun changed your hair.. don’t colour it. Dress yourself smartly.”

“Like Yonghwa hyung?”

“Like him? Nah.. tone down version will do like just a simple shirt or pants. You can even wear what you are wearing but please make sure you clean your clothes up first.”

“That’s all?” Taemin asked.

“No, your way of approaching too. You should make a proper conversation. Like hmm…”

“Like, it’s a beautiful day but it can’t distract from your beauty..” Yonghwa chimed in, planting a peck on her chubby cheek. She can feel the heat rushing through her cheeks so she channeled her embarrassment by slapping his arm which he dodged at like a total expert.

“What you guys are talking about?” Yonghwa asked as she protectively placed his arm on her shoulder.

“We were telling how noona is really pretty and she should be with one of us if she’s done with you.”

Seohyun winked to thank him, seeing how the jealous dragon is ready to eat him up.

“But she said, it’s impossible so we should look for a decent girl instead and never treat them like object.”

“Ah.. see there. You got the mini you.. A sweet talker.” Seohyun nudged Yonghwa’s shoulder only to be nudged back by Yonghwa.

“I hope I can be like you guys when I grow up.” A guy name Kai, spoke up.

“You can speak dude?!” One guy shouted.

“It’s the first sentence he said since we picked him up at the side of the road.”

Seohyun felt a sudden sting on her eyes.. Yonghwa puts his hand on her lap. Trying to tell her that it’s okay.

“I’m sorry.” The boys stared at her, confused.

“I grew up so privileged that I forgot that some might not be as privilege as me.” Seohyun started to stare at the ceiling, hoping that the tears will get back in her eyes. It’s silly for her to break down like this. It wasn’t ideal for a heiress to show her weakness so publicly like this but these kids seemed like a bunch of nice guys that result on doing bad things because of the fact that they live a hard life. She knew this because she heard Sung Joon oppa telling her stuffs before she properly greet them. “You guys can change you know?” She sniffed.

“H-how?” A figure at the corner asked her. His mouth was quivering.. “They looked at us like trash.”

“Noona won’t look at you like that. Neither will your Yonghwa hyung.”

“I will never.” Yonghwa ensured them.

***

“I thought you will run before?”

“In your dreams oppa. I won’t let you off that easily.” Seohyun crossed her arms on her chest before glaring at him. Yonghwa chucked before hitting the break pedal once they reached at her front yard.

"How's that for inspiration?"

"It's certainly more than enough. You really got quite a vast connection don't you? Aren't you afraid that i might tell other people about your association with that kind of people?"

"I'm not... because i trust you. "Yonghwa held her hand and kissed it. “I appreciate what you do with those kids. They need a woman you know.. a mother like figure that doesn’t beat them up or sold them..”

“I know.”

“You know that I’m in love with you even more right?”

“I know that too.”

“How?”

“Because I think I’m in love with you even more than before too.”

“Why?”

“I like that you are a man that stay true to yourself.”

 



Author's Note

Wrote this in a very short time. Wasn't able to check it yet so there might be typos and a lot of grammar errors.