Stranger 16 : Seohyun's Peculiarity

Arrogant Stranger

Stranger 16 : Seohyun's Peculiarity

BGM : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf0_8dmzG8Y

 

Previously :

At that time, he just knew. He needed to grab this opportunity. He kneeled down completely drenched. It’s not even a minute when he felt the bullets of rain stop hitting him, he lifted his head to meet with the very worried Seohyun. She gently held him up.. and he quickly pulled her into a hug resulting the umbrella to fall to the ground.

“I can’t breathe.” Seohyun struggled to say.

“I love Seo Joohyun.” He screamed loudly as he looked up at the raining sky.

“I love you too.” She stole a peck on his lips. He was beyond shocked as he looked at her disbelief.. she flicked his forehead to stop him from being dazed before intertwining their hands together and pulled him to the nearby place that can shield them from the rain

***

It’s 8.30 P.M and he’s heading home to sleep. Yes, to sleep. On his way home, he bought a new set of blue pajamas with white polka dots which Seohyun purposely picked it up for him due to his intense disliked over the hideous ‘clown’ pajama set up when he much preferred the casual grey t-shirt and checkered pants.

Whether that ‘clown’ pajama or a ‘woman-like sleeping attire gown’.

He rather slept using the clown one rather than losing his masculinity which Seohyun laughed out loud at when she heard it.

He brushed his teeth, humming the song that he heard in the car before.. before wearing that ‘clown pajamas’ and took a ‘selca’ of himself in it to show it to Seohyun when he met her.

He doesn’t want to admit it but seriously the pajama was like a sheep fur. It’s so comfortable.. its like you can sleep on torns with it but still be comfortable. He started to awkwardly pats his bed to make sure there’s no dust in it. It’s been a while since he last slept in his own bed. He rigidly adjusted himself in the bed.. So he puts on his earphones and started to read along with the voice, it was a newly developed app from Samsung’s.

You want to know how powerful his girlfriend is when she really is using her power?

Guess what? The app was developed specifically because she asked for it. By using her influence in the literary world and her family name at that with the excuse of wanting people that’s having trouble to read to be able to enjoy a piece of art. She has been secretly doing that without him knowing, consulting with an esteemed professor in the field, and just installed it in his phone earlier today.

He’s going to admit it. He’s been pretty boastful about his choices lately especially when it comes to choosing the woman in his life. Because he has Seo Joohyun and the feelings were absolute serenity, giddiness and assurance.

Instead of the 3 sleeping pills he regularly took which had long been abandoned by him which was the reason he barely slept lately. He took just one. It’s been said that if he felt like he can sleep with a lesser dose, it will be better for his health as it decreased the sense of dependency on medication.

Shockingly, his eyelids were getting heavier.. he’s about to call her to make her talk until he falls asleep but it wasn’t necessary after all. Gradually, he dozed off to absolute blankness of not being aware over the real world.

Maybe, because he felt that he is doing the right thing for once.

Maybe, because he doesn’t feel anxious of losing a step from his opponents..

Maybe, it’s alright to let his guard down for tonight.

Maybe, there won’t be any sleeping pills anymore after this.

The next morning, he was greeted by a newspaper send by his secretary about the news of the ridiculous ‘engagement news’ that his grandfather leaked out shamelessly even without them being actually engaged.

“Contact the press, and said that we are just dating.” Yonghwa emphasized the dating part. The secretary nodded and jolted it down on her notes.

“Anything else sir?”

“Nothing.” The secretary was shocked.

“You don’t want to know about the stock price?”

“It’s rising right.” Yonghwa said nonchalantly, flipping the pages of the document on his table.

“So why are you retracting the statement?”

“I never put out that statement.” Yonghwa stopped flipping the pages and looked at his secretary almost glaring. “Fix your sentence.” His secretary quickly bowed to him, apologizing for the usage of her words.

“Tell me, what does girl like to do on their dates?”

“Huh!?” The girl exclaimed, her eyes nearly bulging out. “Uuhh.. lazying at home? Having their boyfriends do all the house chores.” The girl eyes showed an evident expectation.

‘Ouch for her boyfriend to fulfill her dream date then.’

“Hmm.. okay. You can go out.” He flashed a grateful smile, and she nearly faltered to the ground.

‘What’s wrong with her boss today..’ She closed the door when all the staffs eyes were on hers as if asking are you okay with their faces. She shook her head. They nodded back understanding her situation. For the rest of the day, same reactions as hers were seen repeatedly as they walked out of Jung Yonghwa’s office.

“This year revenue showed a definite increase starting from March..” Yonghwa nodded slightly, checking the data that was given to him before proceeding to write it down when he felt his phone’s vibrating. He lifted the documents in front of him to stand up vertically and then he slightly bent down to check out the caller ID.

‘Hyun <3’

He silently cursed to himself..

“Be professional, be professional.” He kept chanting to himself trying his hardest to concentrate in the meeting.

When the meeting was over, he quickly leaped from his seat and walked outside quickly with straight face.

“Waeyoo?”

“I can’t write.”

“Really?”

“Please save me..” Seohyun whined, he can picture her tiring face mopping around in her room alone.

“Called me oppa, then I will help you.” He can heard Seohyun producing ‘engg’ sounds from the other side of the phone knowing fully well that she was cringing with his request.

“Do I really need to?”

“Palli!”

“Aigooo~” Seohyun took a deep breath before saying the next sentence. “Ne oppa.”

“Sorry, I can’t. I just finished my meeting. Have you, forgot that I’m a busy person too. Thanks for calling me oppa though.”

“Y-you CHODING!” Seohyun groaned.

“You must be flaring your nose right?” He chuckled amusingly.

“Go date with your work instead! Y-you ambitious little choding!” She scoffed before hanging up, Yonghwa was baffled with her hanging up on him first, usually she will wait until he pressed the red button first.

‘I really shouldn’t poke with a girl that was having a hard time writing.’ Yonghwa messed up his gel hair, ruining the sleek spiky hairstyle that he has on. Just then, he realized how his conversation with his so called ‘fiancée’ has been attracting his workers attention.

“Tough day.” Yonghwa awkwardly pointed at his phone before laughing awkwardly, cringing at his actions. Now his image was ruined..

And this was definitely because of Seo Joohyun.

“Do I have anything going on after this?” Yonghwa asked his secretary who is standing beside him regarding his schedule.

“You have a meeting with the person in charge of expanding the West Wing of Golden building.”

“The project was supposed to start 2 months later right?”

“Yes, but since you have a free time today, you ask them to advance their introduction regarding the plan.”

“Cancel it.”

“What?”

“I said, cancel it.”

***

“Yonghwa yaa, are you sure? It’s better if I come along with you.” Jessica said to Yonghwa who is obviously starting to lose his composure.

 “No. A true man must walk with bare hands.”

“Well, if you say so. But you must go through the Seo’s highest hierarchy first.”

“Who is it?”

“Seohyun’s grandfather.”

“What?!”

“Well he’s here for a while though he’s not the CEO, he’s the largest stock holder.”

“I’m dead aren’t I?”

“No worries, I will help bury your corpse.” Jessica winked.  “She’s not mad at you though, she’s always like this if she have her writer block period. Just don’t be surprise when you see her in person.”

“I won’t. I already know her enough.”

“Hah! Trust me you don’t know her well enough yet. The one in the room won’t seem like Seo Joohyun at all.”

“Thanks, Jessica.” Yonghwa said eyeing the floor for a while. His eyes flickered with guilt.

“No problem, as long as you acknowledge me as your cousin. We are blood related Yonghwa. I get that Jung weren’t the most dignified family in Korea but we have our charms.” Jessica slightly smiled before pulling off in front of the building main entrance.

Yonghwa stepped out from the car but managed to reply her advice. “Being dignified as a family is not the issue right now. You.. improve your driving skills!” He pointed his forefinger at her, chuckling.

“Ya! Jung Yonghwa!! Seo Joohyun’s toy!”

“Toy?” He stopped his steps, looking at Jessica gapping.

“Since when I’m her toy..?”

“Since you lay your eyes on her, you cheesy man! Goodluck.” Jessica drive off, leaving the very nervous Yonghwa alone.

Yonghwa combed his hair and made sure that his hair was covering his forehead. He adjusted his tie and buttoned the uppermost button before walking to the counter.

“I’m here to meet Mr Seo Junho.” The receptionist was slightly taken aback, she tried again to regain her previous expression.

“Do you have any appointment with him? You do know that he’s rarely around.”

“I do not have any appointment with him but I feel it’s more appropriate for me to greet him before meeting his granddaughter.”

“Miss Joohyun?”

“Yes.”

“She’s also rarely accepted any visitors especially when she’s started on her project. May I get your name and your relationship with her?”

“Yes, Mr Jung Yonghwa.” The girl nodded “Her boyfriend.” The receptionist looked slightly stunned. “She seeks for my presence.”

The receptionist quickly stood up, bowing apologetically to him. “I’m sorry that I did know who you are sir. I will quickly inform Mr Seo Junho over your visit.”

Yonghwa followed the person in front of him to a café where he met the famous Seo Junho was reading and sipping his coffee. His side profile while doing his activities reminds him of what Seohyun will do and looked like.. he rarely met Seo Junho in any occasions particularly due to his moderate nature that likes to keep it to himself. This will be his second time, first time would be when he was a kid. He observed the surrounding, it wasn’t his office either but he doesn’t mind meeting him here. He was different than most of the rich men out there.

“So, you are Jung Yonghwa?”

“Annyeonghaeseyo Jung Yonghwa imnida.” He bowed politely to the older man.

“Do sit.” Seo Junho put down his book, his face expressions soften as he looked at Yonghwa.

“So you’re here for?”

“Seohyun. But I heard you were around, I should introduce myself to you by now.”

“How do you know I’m here?”

“Jung Jessica, Seohyun’s friend.”

“Oh, her unniedul! She’s a frank girl. How do you know her?” Seo Junho was asking him politely but somehow he felt like Seohyun’s grandfather was trapping him. Soon enough, he will inquire about his background and families. So this is another side of the Seo’s clan he thought to himself.

“My cousin.”

“So, why are you not carrying the ‘Jung’ name?”

“I was deserted.”

“Sorry to hear that. I remember we met once.. that was when you’re a little boy right?” Seo Junho sipped his coffee again, Yonghwa was shocked but of course he did not show it.

“Ah ne.”

“I have a good memory you see. So, do you like books?”

“No but nowadays, I’m starting to read due to Seohyun’s influence.”

“Why, don’t you read before?”

“Because experience fair way better than anything book tells you.” Seo Junho nodded, understanding his points.

“I won’t steal your time, you want to see Seohyun right?”

“Yes.”

“She’s on the 15th floor, just turned right and you will see a dark oak door. She’s right there.. you should go now.” Yonghwa bowed politely saying his goodbye when the old man stood up along with him. “You should start calling me harabeoji if you manage to get her out of the room after this young man.” Seo Junho proceed to tap his shoulder before walking off.

Her grandfather was something else entirely. He didn’t waste any of his time, he asked what he wants and he seemed to just go with Seohyun’s choice. He did not asked about how they met each other, or his feelings towards his granddaughter. He managed to have a decent conversation with 3 people that was the pillar of the Seo clan and each of them carried themselves differently but their definite moral standing was shining through.

No wonder Seohyun was raised as a moral citizen.

This grandfather of hers, was the scariest. He said what he wanted, though it might offend the person no words of apologise was offered. Very intimidating indeed.

“ Mr Jung Yonghwa to meet her.”

“Are you sure?”

“Definitely, I want to see how much he will affect her. A writer needs some experience like this. Bad or not, she needs to learn from her own mistake based on her choice. I’m fine with whatever.” He grinned, wrinkles on his face was evident as he played with his beard.

***

“She usually don’t use this room, but if the book wasn’t progressing the way it should the publisher will send some guys to coax her to get into her writing mode. That’s how she met Wongeun sshi too.” The guy stopped talking when he noticed how Yonghwa eyes were somewhat glowing with possessiveness. “I mean, she will just come over because she needs to force herself to write.” The guy glanced sideways to see his reaction again, Yonghwa was nodding and his face grew softer than before. The guy heaved a sigh of relief.

Seo Joohyun and Jung Yonghwa. Is it possible to have such a couple in this world?

“We have around 30 keys just for her room because she normally just threw it away.” Yonghwa jaw was hanging in the air by now.

“Phone too, but that was then. She doesn’t throw her phone around anymore, so its easier. You shouldn’t be too shock when you come in, not many know of this matter. It wasn’t a pretty sight, far cry from her perfect self though I think she’s cute.”

“She’s cute?” Yonghwa was clenching his teeth by now. Who was this guy to tell him about his girlfriend again? “So have you seen this side of hers that you are talking about?” Yonghwa furrowed his eyebrows, judging the guy thinking face.

‘Tsk, he’s not handsome like me.’

“Of course, one of the few that knew.” The guy grinned.

“Well I don’t care either way, I love that girl. Be it her thin fingers and even her lips.” Yonghwa smirked looking at the guy who was squirming under his judgemental eyes, trying to convey his hidden meaning.

Lips are for the one that he puts his lips too, fingers are for the one he interlaced with.

“Sorry, I overstepped the boundaries.” The guy bowed politely to Yonghwa clearly getting his point before proceeding to unlock the door.

‘Now this guy is making me feel guilty and pathetic for being that possessive. I don’t like this feeling at all.’ Yonghwa thought to himself.

“It’s just I don’t usually get assign to this kind of thing. I was skeptical because Writer Seo never took any of her flings seriously and from all the media stunts I believed it was arranged. It was ridiculous for me because she came from a noble family that doesn’t take wealth to measure a person value and she’s a writer, so she should have known better.”

Yonghwa knew that he did not have to explain to adjust this guy misconception but somehow he felt a strong urge to correct this guy’s views. “Arrange not, plan yes. We planned to do this thing, with or without feelings we’ll still end up fulfilling our bargain. We’re these types. What matter is the end, and I ended up really loving the girl. She should have known better yes, but she won’t take my offer neither do I will offer her the deal if we don’t feel attracted to each other.” Yonghwa spoke without any pause, clear and precise. Straight to the point. That guy eyes widened, almost popping out with his explanations. So this is why the guy besides him was known for his conversational ability. Much like Seohyun .

Yonghwa removed his gaze from the guy besides him and divert it into the room. It was a shocking view. The room was huge, with white bookshelves surrounding it almost looking like a library but the room was dark and a complete mess with book stacks everywhere. There are about 10 books tower made in the room, a road made by books.. in short, it was a complete chaos.

“This is what we called a writer’s block, I will leave you two alone.”

“Seo Joohyun?” Yonghwa slowly stepped into the room, careful not to make any noise. He carried the books that were laying down on the floor and stacked it up before putting on the table in the middle of the living room when he heard someone grumbling.

“Seo Joohyun?” He bends down and saw Seohyun dozing off under the table, the blanket was covering her head. He kept on staring at her, amused because he knew that she wasn’t asleep at all. So he decided to look at her, wanting to know how much longer can she retained that kind of position. He was trying his hardest not to laugh at how her nose widened.

She tried to take a peek over his position in the room by opening only her left eye when she noticed Yonghwa was right beside her. He burst into laughter, amused of the fuming Seohyun. She quickly grabbed her pink blanket and covered her face.

“Jasshik, I know you’re not sleeping.”

“You should warn me! I look terrible.”

“You’re the one who called me.” He laughed cheekily.

“You say you weren’t coming.” Seohyun voice sounded terribly soft. It’s like the words were barely slipping off from her tongue. She was clearly shy. “It’s a mess here, when I can’t write it’s always like this.” She said, still covering her face with the blanket.

“You even made plenty of book towers. I amazed.” He chuckled.

“Y-you! Choding.” She buried her head between her arms.

“You always said that when you can’t answer my question. Come on, you need to eat. But first, I will clean you up.” Yonghwa pulled the blanket but Seohyun retaliates. Not that long though, because Yonghwa was clearly stronger than her. Seohyun quickly covered her face with both of her hands, when the blanket slipped off from her hands.

Yonghwa was smiling from ear to ear by now, looking at her. She looked like an adorable duck, wearing a yellow sweatshirt hugging herself as if he was about to do something bad to her.

“What do you mean by cleaning me up?” She said still covering her face.

“I will brush your teeth for you and maybe wash your hair too.”

“What?” She lets out a gasp. No hands covering her face anymore so he took the chance and swept in to kiss her on the cheek.

“Aigoo.. kyeopta..” He pinched her cheeks before dragging her to the bathroom.

“Are you sure about this?” She sat there, feeling nervous.

“Yes I am. Why, you never done this before?”

“No.”

“Then lesson number 3! Things that couple do.” He started to wash her hair when she suddenly start to laugh crazily,

“Yaa, what’s wrong with you?!”

“Hahaha, it tickles!”

“Seo Joohyun, don’t move or I will spray this water at your face.”

“Try me.” She burst to laughter again when he finally managed to put the honey scented shampoo on her hair.

“Jasshik, what did you say?” He was about to spray her with the water when suddenly he felt a sudden coldness.. A dampness to be exact. She was already holding a bucket of water before he could even sprayed the water to her.

“Seo Joohyuy! That’s a cheap trick.” He stood up, trying to catch up with the running Seohyun when she slipped off due to all the foams on the floor. He tried to reach for her when he too, fell to the floor. They ended up giggling due to their silliness.

 

 

Author's Note

Lots of filler moments at the beginning. The fluff only came at the end. Sorry guys, that's why i tried to make it up by making this chapter longer than the past ones. Anyways, Happy Birthday to Soshi beloved Maknae, Seo Joohyun.