Stranger 15 : Reversed

Arrogant Stranger

Stranger 15 : Reversed

“You do remember that I can ask whatever I want right? I don’t mind engagement.. it’s not much of a different as dating.”

“Engagement leads to marriage. I hate when people handle marriage like it’s a business deal.”

“Do you really want me to say this is the end?” Yonghwa stood there frozen not knowing what to say. She sighed.. “Do you hate me that much? I don’t get why are you being all weird tonight.”

“I’m not weird.. mostly this is the real me!”

“Is this the real you, or the you that you want to potray? Yonghwa, you should know that we REALLY do accept the love we think we deserve.” Seohyun threw the orange juice on his face.

“I can be a total jerk too you know!” Seohyun shouted, glaring at him.. her eyes looks like it about to bulge out.

“Say this is the end!”

“I won’t”

“Don’t you want normal marriage life.. proposal?! Romantic date? Real kiss!?””

“Who are you to care?”

“Say this is the end!”

“Why!? Why are you so insistent”

“Because I want TO TELL YOU I LOVE YOU! Genuinely.. but I can’t fall for you if this parade of us need to be keep up with.” Seohyun eyes widened.

“Why aren’t you saying anything?”

“I..i…… I don’t know.” Yonghwa looked at the stuttering Seohyun whose eyes was far more confusing than it ever been. A glimpse of the wall that she’s been building up was there.. He stood there, trying again to control his feelings… the thoughts that’s been in his mind.

Mother,

Do you remember how I sternly say to you that I’m going to find out myself what’s so great about money that you and I got treated the way we did?

You said to me, I’m going to get hurt.. because there’s nothing worth finding out.

I get it now, instead of being scared over money.. I  found something else.. I found a girl whose reflect my own to the point that it’s scaring me. To have an unknown person, reading every single thoughts of mine like an open book.. to find that’s its relieving that someone gets me.. someone who will accept my dirtiest thoughts and say that it’s okay.

Nobody accepts me the way she did. Nobody did. Tell me how can I let someone like this go? I can’t. I really can’t.

I promise myself not to be greedy and aim only at the peak.. I can’t keep that promise. I need her.. I want her. I can’t give her up. No.

I think I’m in love with her. I have a lovesickness.. I hope it have some cure.. it didn’t.. I learned it along the way. I want to use her.. I don’t know when did it started but deep inside I always know. I just wanted to be in denial. I wanted to be comforted with the thoughts of reaching my goal with her..

I want excuse.. so I bring her closer. I might have made her fall in love with me too.

What have I done?

“Then let me..” Yonghwa pulled her in for a kiss. Their lips slightly grazed each other when Seohyun turned her head, avoiding the kiss.

But somehow I know, she’s going to reject me.. I just know omma.

And maybe ‘all is well’ again in the world.

“What are you doing?” Seohyun asked Yonghwa, her eyes are not on him. She was looking at the side, trying not to look obvious that she’s trying to get her breathing back to normal.

“You know what I’m doing, don’t you?” Yonghwa’s mouth was grazing her right ears, his whispers send chills on her spines. Her knees weakened unwillingly, her gripped on her clutch strengthened.. she was trying to keep her composure again.

“Don’t you like me? I know you do..” don’t you Seohyun?

“Y..you usually give me warnings before kissing me.” She tried to match her jumbled up thoughts together and put it out in words.. She tried to appear confident but her stuttering at the early of her sentence gives her away.

“I won’t give warnings anymore.” Yonghwa stayed rooted on his spot not wanting to move away from her.

“Pl..ease.. stop.”

“What do you actually want Seohyun?!” Yonghwa almost raised his voice at her.

“I’m confused.”

“I will ease it for you.. if you allow me too.”

“Why are you so sure Yonghwa. Why?” She pushed him away with her hands on his chest. Her eyes showed a glint of desperation for an answer.

“When my heart speak. I act.”

“What did they speak now?” She eyed him as if she were challenging him.

“I will give you time. I’m not forcing you.” Yonghwa took a backward step.

“Why won’t you answer me?”

“Do you really want to know?!”

“I don’t”

“Exactly!”

“So why don’t you just played along Yonghwa? There’s a big possibility that we might even end up married with each other, trap in our own deal.”

“I don’t want you to become a business deal Seohyun.” His eyes turned soft as it was gazing on her eyes, from blazing fire it became a harmless fire that emitted nothing but warmness. “You worth a whole lot more.” He took her right hand and caressed it with his thumb, trying to make her believe what he’s saying. “You are priceless.” A drop of tear made its way down her cheek. “I want you to acknowledge yourself what it is you are feeling and if you don’t feel the same way I did, then I will let you go with all my heart though I’m pretty sure it will be a tough road.”

“I don’t want this.”

“Being truthful does not mean that you’re going to hurt yourself every single time Seohyun. I know that now, I’m not here because of the package that comes with you, even most of it wasn’t there anymore I’m sure that I will still be in love with you.”

“I don’t mind if you’re in love with my package too. It comes with me.”

“I know, Seohyun. But to some people the package doesn’t matter, Seohyun.”

“Why don’t they!?” She almost threw a fit.

“That’s for you to find out. You’re a writer right? Write it. You form the most beautiful sentence sometimes Seohyun but honesty is needed when you write and you know it. Sometimes vulnerability can make people trust you.”

“Why are you doing this to me?”

“I’m baring my soul for you to see me right now. I’m being vulnerable.”

“I don’t want to see this. I have no need for this.” Seohyun turned her back against him and walked out as fast as she could.

“Why? Just because I’m not in your calculations!” Yonghwa screamed loud enough for Seohyun to hear, she did not stopped but she did closed her eyes and ears.

“Why are you so scared? Because I don’t mind the flaws that you have?” She slammed the door and ran as hard as she could until the outside was visible again to her. She tapped her feet anxiously, when a black Porsche appeared in front of the hotel.

“Seohyun!” Taeyeon rolled down the window and Seohyun quickly opened the door.

“What happened?” Taeyeon pressed the gas pedal.

“Because he don’t mind it. My calculations were wrong. I feel like my safe cushions weren’t there for me anymore.”

“You like him don’t you?”

“Why does everyone act like liking someone is the most important feeling in the world when you fully know it’s going to disappear.”

“Now, you are being a brat.”

“I only like him for his ambition.”

“Seo Joohyun. Don’t talk if you don’t feel like talking because what you’ve been sprouting now is so not you.”

“So, why does he need to deviate from the path? It’s a wonderfully executed road on and on.”

“Why? Well we supposed to go straight aren’t we?” Taeyeon turned the steering wheel and went right after the cross over. “Stop predicting everything Seohyun. Thing won’t go as plan. Get that in your system.” They stayed silent for a while when Taeyeon pushed a button in the car showing a loud Jessica and Tiffany screaming.

“YAA!” Taeyeon screamed back at them. “Aren’t you guys going to shut up?!”

“Hikhik.” Sound of hiccups was heard on the background.

“You guys are drunk?! At my house!? YAAAAA!”

“Like it wasn’t normal. Where’s Seohyun? I heard about the stunt grandpa’s pulling.”

“Here.” Seohyun answered curtly.

“Uh.. it’s Seohyun’s voice but I don’t think its hers.”

“Its hers definitely but I think her body is taken by another soul.”

“Seriously, I’m right here.” Seohyun said frustratingly.

“I think Jung Yonghwa kidnapped her and sent some scary guys over.”

“You should try hitting her head, she might come back.”

Taeyeon took the tissue box at the dashboard and really hit Seohyun’s head.

“I’ve tried but no response.”

“It’s not funny and you guys were drinking instead of sending me to the airport” Seohyun’s flared her nose as she crossed her arms on her chest.

“What exactly is the problem?”

“He confessed and he wanted to end our deal.”

“Aren’t that great?” Taeyeon interrupted.

“It’s not.”

“You pushed him Seohyun.. you push him over the cliff don’t you dare act all innocent on me missy.”

“I did not!”

“You, did!”

“Fine, what I did?”

“I at explaining, wait up. Hyo!” Jessica loud dolphin screaming voice was heard on the line.

“I’m not good either… I have weird pronunciation. The one’s that great is Seob but she’s the one being all spooky now. Call Soo up.” While she was waiting for someone start to speak up again, Seohyun’s been thinking about how crazy these 8 girls that she’s very much close to.

“Maknae.. I thought you are a grown up, what’s with being reverted back to 4 year old kid that I met before. Creating all those scenarios and executed them to test them out while paying those kids to act it out. You by now, did all of these yourself. You explore the scenario when you want to. War? You went to the site yourself. Third wheel? You followed us dating and we let you annoyed the heck out of us. Now what’s with reversing yourself. Are you testing love now!? You are testing his loyalty.. and when he told you he wanted you.. You chickened out!?”

“We are at the airport now.” Taeyeon said gently to the now silent Seohyun. She knows fully well the maknae will answer back regardless of she being in the wrong and all 8 of them need to convince her that what she’s saying was wrong. But this Seohyun was quiet and staring at the window..

"I think even Jung Yonghwa knew what you are doing." Sooyoung said albeit soft than before.

Seohyun lifted her legs and hug it. Burying her head as a soft sobs was heard. Reminding Taeyeon of the image of Seohyun when she was little crying under the table by herself. Taeyeon patted her head like an unnie.. Like she always does.

10 years ago.

“Taeyeon, come here.. I will introduce to you my friend.” Yoona said giddily jumping up and down ignoring the effort her maid did tying to tie up her ponytail.

“Who?” Taeyeon asked the other 8.

“Seohyun.. only a few of us knows her including me. She’s rarely around.” Jessica answered nonchalantly.

“Why?” Sunny asked Jessica.

“Uncle said Seohyun needed to be trained.”

“Yeah, so you won’t be all that shock that Seohyun can speak very well despite being 2 years younger than us.” Yuri said excitedly.

“Where is she.. by the way? Let’s spread out.” Yoona started running and the rest followed.

Taeyeon heard a noise coming out from a dark room so she pushed the slightly open door, still following the noise. She found a long haired girl, squatting underneath a giant table. Burying her head and crying alone.

“Guyss!” Taeyeon screamed and called the other 8.

“What’s wrong?” Taeyeon ran back in the room after she had called them.

“I need to go away again.” Seohyun tried to hold back her tears.

“Where?” Taeyeon moved like a duck to get closer to Seohyun in order to pat her head.

“Omma said to an island. Uhmm who are you?”

“Hi, I’m Taeyeon. I’m 6 years old. My dad is rich like you too.. so we can be friends.” Taeyeon awkwardly scratched the back of her head as she offered her hand as a friendly gestures which Seohyun’s gladly accepted.

“Why do you say you were rich?”

“Because it’s a requirement right?”

“It’s not.”

“It’s weird when you say that with money in your hand.”

“Is it ‘that fun’?” Sooyoung cooed as she pointed at the money is Seohyun’s hand.

“Uhuh.” She bobbed her head up and down, pouting with her big doe eyes.

“It’s not fun.” Tiffany spoke in English.

“Seohyun can make it be fun right?” Yoona nudged Seohyun’s shoulder. Seohyun suddenly run to the garden and the rest of the 8 girls followed her.

“It’s there.” Seohyun pointed at all those people talking and playing. “I can write about them.”

At that moment, Taeyeon knows that Seohyun knows what she did.. and she did not need anyone to rub the salt on her wound.

Seohyun’s just confused. She will get back on her feet soon enough. Like she always did and make the wrong things right again.

“Soo, talk to you later.”

“Take care of maknae.. We only saying this for your good you know? And uhmm I only said what Jessica told me to say.”

“Yaa!”

‘Beep.’

***

Yonghwa has been trying very hard these couple of weeks to talk to Seohyun again but his attempts was laughable at its best and it’s driving him insane.

Before she had come back to Seoul, Yonghwa has asked whether is it okay for him to be present to pick her up. She had rejected his offer, so he stayed away. A few days later, he decided to try again. This time he went to the same restaurant that she frequents. Seohyun was eating alone so he decided to greet her. She smiled to him so he thought it was a go sign for him to sit. So he sat, but the air was rather chilly because Seohyun never opened the entire evening. As she was sipping the coffee, the foam was seen at the top of her lips so he leaned forward to wipe it off her. She quickly covered with both of her hands. and left right after she finished her meal.

He once again knows she’s going to reject him, but he’s going to give it another try.

This time, he brought her a red rose in front of a café where she went out with Tiffany. She had walked away, bowing and then ignoring him and his rose. The dragged out Tiffany by Seohyun grabbed the red rose from him and tried to make Seohyun to talk to him. Her effort resulted in an absolute failure.

Rejected again..

And again

He sent a post to Seohyun which she received and opened it in an instance. It was a picture of a beach. At the back of the picture Yonghwa’s hand writing was visible.

‘Let’s go here together.’

She had left the photo at the side of the street.

This time he brought the kid previously that they had helped to meet her so he rang her hotel room. She smiled widely from ear to ear and thanks him but only allowed the kid to get in.

A few days after he was not allowed to enter the café thanks to Seohyun and her influence. He was denied of an entrance despite being rich as he did. He stood there.. idly when it’s raining but he did not move. He still stood there and he saw Seohyun looked outside of the big clear window searching for him. She was shocked when he saw her looking at him so she looked back to the menu.

At that time, he just knew. He needed to grab at this opportunity. He kneeled down completely drenched. It’s not even a minute when he felt the bullets of rain stop hitting him, he lifted his head to meet with the very worried Seohyun. She gently held him up.. and he quickly pulled her into a hug resulting the umbrella to fall to the ground.

“I can’t breathe.” Seohyun struggled to say.

“I love Seo Joohyun.” He screamed loudly as he looked up at the raining sky.

“I love you too.” She stole a peck on his lips. He was beyond shocked as he looked at her disbelief.. she flicked his forehead to stop him from being dazed before intertwining their hands together and pulled him to the nearby place that can shield them from the rain.

 

 

Author's Note

I put a lot of Yonghwa flashback in the earlier chapter but i only put one Seohyun's flashback in this one. lol. It's about time don't you think. And nope, I can actually end this fic here but i don't think i'm going to. xD