Stranger 26 : Fall Again

Arrogant Stranger

Stranger 26 : Fall Again

(Strongly encourage to backread previous chapters again )

 

There's something about you, it's there in your eyes,
Everything I'm looking for I seem to find.
All this time away is killing me inside -
I need your love in my life.

 

Previously

Yonghwa sighed, swirling the champagne in his glass muttering the courage to say his next words. Admitting his faults… although, admitting it to Seo Joohyun is easier compared to others because she deserves it. She really does. “Seo Joohyun… For all those time I lost sight and take you for granted I’m sorry. It’s silly if I kept saying that it’s for you… In a way, that curse affected me though I hate to admit it. I do feel a bit scared. What if it’s true? What if it’s going to affect us?”

“Oppa, it’s not just you. It’s me too, the curse scared me too.”

“So we are going to cancel the break then?”

“We’ll see. Come meet me up tomorrow and I’ll tell you the result.” She smiled sneakily.

“Hah. Seo Joohyun… you sure know how to play me don’t you?”

“Enough for you to comeback to me.”

***

“Nappeun yeojaa…”

“I only do this to you mainly.”

“So should I feel honored?”

She nodded giddily to his question.

That girl who was smiling at his face right now, got him under her grasp easily… She is one sly girl for sure. Come to think of it, the first time he had met her, she was kissing another guy too… and that thought doesn’t sit too well with him.

Why does he even need to be reminded of such thing during this kind of time?

“Even if we’re on a break, do you really need to come over with a guy partner.”

“He just came to monitor me oppa. He is a male nurse. Should I repeat it again? A male nurse.”

“Will you like it if I came with a girl?”

“It’s fine, we’re on a break.”

“WHAT? Yaaaa! Do you really still want to go on with this break?”

“Break then marriage. It’s good… we can always stick to each other side if..” Seohyun palmed realizing what she just blurted out. Yonghwa was staring at her, his jaw was hanging in the air.

“W-what did you just said?”

“Nothing…”

“You already thinking of that?”

“So you’re not going to marry me?”

“Of course I’m going… but you don’t mind marrying me?”

“Wait, are you proposing?”

“Shall I?” Yonghwa was touching his knees, preparing to kneel down, Seohyun gasped in surprise.

“You better don’t!” She protested, taking a step back. Her eyes were warning him, much to his amusement.

“I thought you’re a willing participant.” He laughed cheerily.

“Not tonight.” Seohyun blushed. “I want..” Before she could say anything Yonghwa took a step forward, his thumb soothing her red colored cheek.

“I know, you don’t even need to say it.” He smiled, it was tender and loving… it was Jung Yonghwa. The gentle Yonghwa, gazing into her eyes.. prying her thoughts reassuring her by circling his thumb on her cheeks, withdrawing her back into a dreamy state.

“Do it more romantically.” She said breathlessly, biting her lips afterward. Shyness was evident as her cheeks were getting redder… even the darkness of the night can’t hide it.

“But this is romantic… under the stars and all.” He suggested, resting his forehead against hers. She might not notice it but there was a split second Yonghwa eyes were looking on her lips. Her luscious lips.

“But it’s too sudden and you’re not even kneeling. You’re sounding too uncaring.” She tried to reason back, the intensity of her eyes doesn’t seem to slow down; challenging the eye melting gaze from Yonghwa himself.

“Caring.. how can you question me?” He whispered huskily, getting dangerously close to her. His hand holding her over her shoulder, supporting her weakening knees.

“C-can’t I?” Seohyun was about to continue with her sentence despite being shaken. “Choding, you just wanted to get back at me.”

“I need to do something first.” His fingers tracing the shape of her lips, teasing her.

“What, are you going t..?”

Just like that, he swept in without hesitating, kissing her like she wanted to be kissed.

He withdrew, his hand still palming her cheeks.. a satisfied smile was evident when he sees how Seohyun still has her eyes closed. “Nothing….” He said breathlessly, fanning Seohyun’s face with every exhale of his breath.

“Come to think of it, when I met you… you were busy kissing someone else.” Yonghwa stated causing Seohyun to open her eyes, disbelievingly. “Seriously oppa, do you need to bring it up at such moment?”

“What kind of moment Joohyun?”

She felt herself getting smaller with his intense gaze, like all of her being was being peered on. She felt in his eyes. “You know that kiss and this kiss is not the same.”

“Tell me, how is it different?”

Seohyun avoided his eyes and looked at the small light coming from the gala.

“Tell me..” He lifted her chin up, a glint of desperation coming from Jung Yonghwa. A rare sight.

“I feel like I’m lost… wanting more of you. Wanting to know more of what you feel when we kissed but before, it was like numbness all over my body. It felt so dull.”

His desperation morphed into a grin. A wide satisfied grin. He pulled her into a hug, his hand brushing her . “You are not making it easy for me.”

“You are not making it easier for me either.” She enclosed her arms around his waist.

It has been a while that he felt loved. Like his presence matters.

Just like that, waves of past memories with her flooded in.

Like the first time, he met her,

“Nearly one year of searching, but never find one.” He sighed once again when his eyes caught on something. A pair of the most beautiful eyes he sees. His heart is beating out of control, and he felt that he can’t breathe so he loosened up his ties not once moving his eyes from the girl.

“Seo Joo Hyun, goes by the name Seohyun. Good friends with the one that you knew earlier. Part of the SNSD girls.”

And the first time she talked to him.

While Yonghwa is only getting more and more clueless. Seohyun ran and grabbed him tightly, clutching his shoulders with her soft fingers. “Pretend you know me.” She said weakly knowing fully well how stupid it is to ask for help to a stranger.

But then again, the woman herself is in his arms, snuggling closer for his warmth. He curved a very gentle looking smile, adoring her with his eyes. “Why am I not making it easier for you?”

“Because you are so vain.” She smiled, anticipating his outburst which he did within a split second later in a typical Jung Yonghwa style.

***

Kyuhyun looked at her, contemplating… guilt was written all over his face.

“So you are saying you know the reason, and it is something that has to do with the food I ate on the island but you do not know how to treat me?”

He nodded.

“So I am going to die?”

“No. You are not.”

“So, you guys going to treat me with various medicine to treat all kind of side effects?”

He nodded once again.

“It will only lead to more side effects,” Seohyun argued.

“No, if we are going to keep a constant control of it.”

“Are you kidding me now?”

“No.”

She sighed. “Are you busy oppa?”

“No, not really. For around 30 minutes I am free because I’ve got an appointment with my favorite dongsaeng.”

“Are you trying to make me all giddy by putting out sweet sentence to me? Save it to your girlfriends. I kind of expected this outcome anyway.”

“Seohyun ahh.”

“It is fine, but can you wait for Yonghwa oppa and explain it to him. I don’t really want to explain words by words to him.”

Kyuhyun nodded in understanding, observing Seohyun rummaging through her handbag for her phone to dial in Jung Yonghwa’s phone number.

“And here I thought you were going to break up with him.” He mumbled amusingly.

“What?”

“Nothing. You just grew up. You know what is love now.” He smiled back before going through his papers again.

Yonghwa was busy surveying the small detail plans when Seohyun went for her appointment with Kyuhyun. He was walking around with staff personnel walking beside him to explain each store dynamics in the shopping mall when he suddenly halted his steps and walked towards a poster of a girl holding a book for charity purposes in front of the bookstores. Something caught his eyes…

It was Seohyun. She’s the spoke person of the charity… it was one of the Seo’s charity stuff.

“You have an excellent taste.” Yonghwa exclaimed albeit too happy for them not to notice the reason for it.

“For putting the poster there?”

“Yes.” Yonghwa grinned.

“Do you think it is pretty?”

“Ah, definitely, you can do nothing wrong with a girl like that. Her boyfriend is really lucky.”

It was a rare sight for the staff personnel as the arrogant guy called Jung Yonghwa with no sense of respect towards others months ago is now smiling like a lunatic. He kept on smiling with his bursting cheek over the said poster in front of him.

What a difference.

“Oh can you show me to the stores that sell the most gorgeous diamond here?”

“Sure.”

He walked towards the grand display of jewelry at Tiffany’s & Co.

“How can I help you?” The store assistant asked him.

“If I am going to propose to a woman, what kind of ring do I need?”

“What kind of a person she is sir?”

“A rich girl.” He laughed seeing the shop assistant looking perplex over his answer.

“You must be thinking it is an arranged stuff, it is not just to clarify. I haven’t finished my statement. She is the most beautiful woman in my eyes and I need the most gorgeous diamond you have to propose to her. The one that shines the most you know? Like her eyes.. you know how eyes sparkles?”

The staff assistant shook her head.

“Well her eyes did. And it is the most charming thing you can see. A diamond with sincerity? Go with moderate if you could, she does not want a huge rock on her finger when she is off trying to sneak out and get some ideas for her job.” He smiled sheepishly.

It is time anyway… for them to be together, legally… Then his phone rang. “Talk about the miss, herself.” He chuckled and showed the name on appearing on his phone screen to the shop assistant before proceeding to pick it up.

“Hello, sunshine.”

“You sound so happy.” Seohyun noted, excusing herself from her sunbae.

“I am looking at something beautiful now.”

“What kind?”

“Not a human. It’s a thing.” He chuckled.

“I have finished my consultation but I want you to see the doctor yourself can you?”

“I definitely can. Anything for you. I’m nearby anyways. Give me 10 minutes.”

By the time he had ended his phone call, the shop assistant has arranged 10 rings in a row letting him choose it.

“Give me this.” He smiled. “I’m paying cash…”

***

Yonghwa sat there, digesting what he had heard from Kyuhyun. “Am I not supposed to get mad then Joohyun?”

“No, he is my sunbae.”

“But I feel like screaming.”

“You really do not need any other enemy right now.”

“Fine. But..”

“I will give you two some time alone.”

“Everything won’t be solved that easily oppa. I have most things in life that others don’t. Maybe me having this weird sickness is somehow fair to others… the fact that I can afford all these researches.. That none can.”

“Hyun~ Then what about me? I don’t deserve you, I don’t deserve all the money..”

“Make yourself deserve it then.”

“Don’t you feel scared?”

“I do, but what can I do? I already have it.” She said smiling but her eyes were shedding tears, she kept on wiping it but it just cannot seem to stop... “Fine im lying, I feel like it’s so unfair. I have been living my life to the fullest, I take care of my weak heart so well that I do not even touch foods that I supposedly already can eat. This is unfair…” She palmed her face.

“Come here...” Yonghwa pulled her in for a hug. “Hyun.. you are such an impossible woman. You are just making me fall over and over again with you even when you are pissed.”

She chuckled in between her tears. “You are impossible Jung Yonghwa.”

“Let’s go for a simple dinner tomorrow. Just me and you. No one else but us.”

Seohyun nods on his chest as he snuggled her closer to his body.

 

 

 

 

Author’s Note

I know guys, it has been a while. I’m really sorry for this but things happen and I never thought I will write again honestly. This is a long abandon fic of mine and I struggle a lot writing this again. Firstly, my ideas are absolutely gone. I have no absolute idea what I’m going to write and how I’m going to write. I spend a lot of time trying to backread, which for me is quite a lot of chapters. OMG the grammars and the horrible sentence structure. I am really sorry for it. I’m still not the best writer in terms of English but I am really tempted to try and ammend it which I did but it is so tough to do it all. In case, you all wondering no I didn’t manage to do it properly. It takes weeks to do so.

I have also promised you guys an update… so I cannot waste my time fixing previous chapters. I am sorry that this chapter is short and has been due for a few years but I hope you guys enjoy it. I came back for you guys. I tried to insert some of the scenes from the earlier chapters to ease you guys on reading it and to recall some of the details.

Please, if you guys forgot… do try to backread the previous chapters. I would like to try to wrap this story properly. I love yongseo readers and you guys are still the best readers out there so enjoy it.