Stranger 19 : Let's be Stupid

Arrogant Stranger

Stranger 19 : Let's Be Stupid

 

Previously:

“So, shall we start with our project?” Yonghwa asked Seohyun as he shoved a spoonful of spaghetti on .

“afjsdhs.” Seohyun said while munching her food.

“I don’t understand wha..” Yonghwa sentence was stop midway due to Seohyun shoving a spoonful of spaghetti right back at him.

“Hey I was talking!” Yonghwa said after munching his spaghetti.

“I was talking too when you shoved it down my throat. So, where are we going to start?”

“Like I say.. bird watching first. Then I will highlight you with our next plan afterwards.” Seohyun nodded not noticing the flirtatious smile he was sending her while watching her eating.

‘In a way we are on a date too now.’ He smirked looking forward for their next plans as he gazed adoringly at his prey in front of him. Eating, without a clue of the guy who just wanted to go on a date with her.. Believing that he writer block was giving him a chance to hang out with her more.

***

“I think that couple is just some silly highschool couple going on a date and will probably get a break up around a few weeks later. Oh I think I’m being too kind… A few days would do. What do you think oppa?” Seohyun stopped with her short observation to seek for his opinion.

“Oppa..?” She waved her hand on the air, frowning at the loving gaze he was giving her.

“Hmm..?”

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Did I tell you that you look pretty today?” Yonghwa grinned with an intense ‘love’ beam stared as he played with her fingers.

“Oppa!” Seohyun slapped his hand away from her hand as she flared her nose. “Focus!”

“It’s not my fault you know, you should just stopped being too pretty.”

“I’m serious oppa… if you still keep on playing…” Seohyun lifted her hand as if she was about to slap his shoulder.

“Wow, feisty babe.” Yonghwa shook his head, his laugh never leaving her ears.

“Okay, what do you think about that woman?”

Yonghwa took a short glance at the figure Seohyun was pointing at but redirect his eyes at her again once he saw it.

“You’re prettier. There’s not much to look at either.”

“I’m serious, oppa.”

“I am being serious right now Joohyun. There’s nothing to look at.”

“Description please?”

“Well, let’s see she’s probably being sad and all weepy that she never found a guy like me. Charming, dashing, handsome, well mannered, loving, rich, a self-made man… You know all that stuffs that makes you so in love with me.”

“Choding! You’re not being honest.”

“Fine, she’s gorgeous from head to toe. I would have wanted to date her….” Yonghwa sneaked some glances at the suddenly silent Seohyun. “I would have dated her if I haven’t meet you.. no I don’t think I would have properly date anyone because I’m too busy working.”

“You have pretty eyes, cute button nose that can fit in coins there… Hmm..?” Yonghwa nudged the silent Seohyun shoulder hoping to elicit some response from her.

“You know you can’t be compared with anyone right? So why are you sulking over that when you clearly wanted to test me? You really need to stop with your testing habit Seohyun. We’re not some guinea pig like whatever kind of playtoy you once had. What matter is we’re together now.”

“You won’t leave me right? Not when you already get what you want?” Seohyun asked, her eyes were blinking as she stared at her feet.

“Baby…” Seohyun slightly tense hearing the word that he uttered though in all honesty her heart was beating wildly. He only said it once before when he was comforting her.

“Listen.. you are what I wanted okay? Even though I did not know that before but still subconsciously you are like a magnet that pull me in. I might even get stuck with you like a glue even if you wanted to get rid of me.” He winked teasingly at her which earned him a hearty laughter from her.

 “Okay, what about that guy. What do you think he’s doing?” Yonghwa pointed his cup of Americano at a guy that was wearing his office attire, with his grey coat matched with his red tie along with a briefcase as he glanced at his watch.

“Hmm.. looking at his slightly crumple out coat and the frown I believed he was late in his engagement. See, he even looked at his watch.”

“Nope, wrong. He’s actually cheating on his wife. He is wearing the same coat that he was wearing yesterday. He looked at his watch, hoping that his wife hasn’t arrived home yet.”

“Hah, how you know that?”

“His crumple out clothes, the eye bags on his eyes..”

Seohyun eyed him suspiciously.

“Fine! He’s my worker.”

“How you know he was cheating?”

“I kept my workers in check if they behave indecently too publicly of course I would know. I even give him a warning letter to fix his behavior. He’s a model worker but what kind of model worker that touch other woman that aren’t his wife. I told her not to parade his cheating in front of me because I will fire him since it distracts me from doing my work. He’s promoting a family oriented movie but behaving like that? What would the customer think of our company then” Yonghwa scoffed in disgust.

“So you’re not the type to cheat?”

“No. Especially when the woman is you, an absolute no in my part. If you’re willing to be mine should I seek for other girl when my head is full of you? No.. It’s plain unacceptable. Maybe before I will be more accepting but since I met you. No way!”

 “You still should not judge the guy though, who knows what kind of wife he’s been having that cause him to cheat.”

“That doesn’t justify stuff. He needed to truly make sure that the girl is the one before marrying her.”

Seohyun curved into a gentle smile seeing the utter disgust look he’s been giving the guy.

“Well, you see that waitress over there.. He’s been having a hard time to pay the bills that’s why he was rubbing the cloth on the table with extra pressure.”

“How you know that?”

Seohyun curved into a sneaky smile, eyeing the waiter that was about to pass through their table.

“Annyeong Chanyeol ahh!” She waved at the slightly younger guy than she is.

“Oh noona. Let’s catch up later, it seems you are busy with your boyfriend.”

“Seo Joohyun.. You..”

“What? You taught me this trick. I can even overdramatize the cheating guy story. His wife is a chaebol and she forced him to marry her. There are three things were what I could conclude from this bird watching. One, sit and observe.” Seohyun raised her forefinger and then continue raising her next finger. “Two, you can create the story and just make it real yourself.” And the next finger..
“Third, it would be better if it was based on the actual personality but you can always exaggerate it or combine it all together.”

“Oh.. I was actually trying to convey one point. Well, I guess you’re really a genius young writer after all.” Yonghwa tapped her nose lovingly, as he continued slurping his ice coffee his eyes never leaving hers as he stared at her adorable frowning face while she scribbled on her piece of paper.

Hideout

By : Seo Joohyun

He swept her across her feet as he carried her to the taxi insisting to prove his point that the world doesn’t consist of money and infidelity wasn’t supposed to be acceptable towards the society no matter what class it is as he is a one woman’s man and she too shouldn’t downgrade her standards in marrying whoever man she was arranged too.

***

“Are you sure you want to go inside?”

“Ne, I want to go.”

“Seo Joohyun.”

“You said I can get inspired. This writer block is killing me.”

“You’re a true artist you doesn’t need this kind of place to loosen up. We can go to a club..” Yonghwa tucked a strand of her hair and put it behind her ear.

“I’m sure, I want to go there. You said music there is fantastic and you promise you will bring me there later.”

Yes, when I help them legalize such a place but they didn’t want to do so.

“Fine. Damn, you are such a curious girl. Do you say yes everything that you haven’t done?”

“Most probably, yes.” She nodded happily munching her goguma looking like a little kid.

She is munching goguma but demand to go to such a place. Tsk.

Seohyun doesn’t believe the world she is entering right now, as the car that Yonghwa was driving passed through the numerous constructions building that they came across with, they finally reached an otherworldly place where the stars are glimmering above them.

It was a place that she never visited in her life, it sure looks hard to maintain but the place exude freedom like nothing else does.  It doesn’t look really expensive like the place in Paris or something but it has its own characteristics. It was at the outskirts of Seoul, at some abandoned building where theatre used to be its source of income. The cool thing was the band was performing in the building while the crowd was downstairs at the parking lot.

They were performing on the 2nd floor where it was bare from any walls and a safety railing was installed to avoid any unwanted accidents as they looked down to the screaming and enthusiastic crowd as the blast from the stereo kept the silent sky companied.

They were a true artist is what Yonghwa had said.

“Is it fine, aren’t this illegal?”

“Uhh.. It’s illegal I guess?”

“What?!? Are you crazy Yonghwa yaa?”

“Oh banmal.. I like it when you called me like that.” Yonghwa pinched Seohyun’s right cheek, grinning foolishly.

“I’m serious..”

“Listen, don’t let go of my hand and hold it all the time do you hear me? They went around all the time at different places and only certain people know what spot and what time they would come here. Most probably they already know all of the people in here but they doesn’t know you so stick with me okay?”

“But!”

“Seo Joohyun! Listen to me, I will protect you.”

“Oppa, can you just please let me finish my sentence. I don’t mind this, sometimes we need to be stupid right?”

 “You do know I don’t come here anymore due to its being an illegal underground performance and that It will taint our reputation.”

“Well, I can just pull us out from the jail if we get into one.” Seohyun winked devilishly at him. Yonghwa swore he never thought a day like this would came. Seo Joohyun is such an unpredictable presence in his life.

“Let’s meet Jungshin and the gang. I have something for you.”

Yonghwa held on her tightly when suddenly the DJ for the night caught him in action.

“Yoyoyo! JY is in the house with a companion it seems. Make way for the pretty lady and JY people. We need to greet some of the regular founders here.”

“I’m sorry okay? It’s one of the contact that I made before I make it big but I swore drugs are nowhere in attendance in here. They can legalize this anytime they want but they prefer this way. Untainted of any famous stars that carried the same music language with no creativity of their own. They said it increase the adrenaline by performing illegally.” Yonghwa leaned in on to whisper to Seohyun, his arms are wrapping her waist protectively.

“Is this a special lady friend I presume?”

“Sure, she’s special.” Yonghwa answered with an arrogant smirked plastered on his face. “It’s her first time guys. Be nice.”

Seohyun has been giving speech since she was barely 5 due to intense training. She has been to numerous places, met different people, deal with people from different cultures but she has never been with this kind of crowd. Unknowingly, she tightened her grip on Yonghwa’s hand feeling her knees trembling. It such a shameful act for a heiress to be doing and she hated herself from doing so but his next action calm her down. He kissed the side of her temple, lovingly. It lingers until he felt her shaking, stopped.

“Wow, JY never bring in a girl before. You must be something. We heard the news JY and we thought it’s something of an arrange thing and we must say it’s disappointing for an old friend of mine to succumb to such crowd.”

“Sure, we are platonic. But I won’t start something platonic without having any feelings. She’s just too special to make me dump that platonic arrangement and court her for real. She deserved that much. So I’m going to sing!” Yonghwa winked at the crowd before noticing how Seohyun mouthing to him “You could sing?”

“I could do almost everything, darling.” Yonghwa whispered huskily at her ear before nudging her to speak.

“I’m a shy person.” Seohyun said and the crowd chuckled amused. She already saw some familiar face in the crowd and it came like a shock to her. “I’m not going to tell you about my background because it doesn’t matter here but I like this place already. Sure, it’s intimidating but every single unfamiliar place is intimidating for me. What kind of place he once went to and shaped the person he is now, I’m more than willing to go there because he’s a great guy despite his prince complex syndrome.”

Yonghwa started to strum the guitar as he stood at the edge of the floor on the 2nd floor, his eyes never leaving her. His eye gazed was intense as he tried to convey the lyrics to her. The crowd was screaming like their throat was about to burst out but it’s as if her ears were deaf and the only thing she could hear was him singing his soul to her.

It’s like his eyes were speaking, understand me… spend time with me… be with me.. forever you’ll be mine.

 

See my eyes, (in my eyes) see my lips (in my lips), See my face
(I would like to know what you really think I wanna)
I don't know why I don't know why I love you baby
I don't know why I don't know how to put it baby, I don't know how to do

CNBLUE – I Don’t Know Why

 

 

Author's Note

Usually i already has it in my mind how i want this story to go but honestly this chapter is the result from being totally spontaneous. So i really do not know how this fair up with you guys but i might want to dig into some of Yonghwa past (which was really unplanned). I'm going to reread this story again to get into the feels.