Stranger 4 : Have You?

Arrogant Stranger

Stranger 3 : Have You?

BGM : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niMaszTXIN4

 

Previously :

“About the judging thingy, can you teach me how to stop thinking about it?”

“I can’t help.. you should you know find someone that won’t judge you and accept you for what you are.” She spoke such grand words but she knew fully well that she hasn’t found that kind of someone that could love her without building clouds of expectation of what she should be for him. Except at least, she has her unniedul.

“Then it should start from you, you should stop judging me then I might stop caring about what people think of me.” He looked at her this time, looking seriously at her twinkling eyes ignoring the driver repeated words that the taxi has arrived at his office.

For the first time, she felt the world stop spinning and the music dispersed into the background. She was intoxicated.

“I have a request and as silly as it sounds I’m not good with woman. It’s been a while since I last try to actually talk to one, make a conversation with her. I would stop being obnoxious and get straight to the point.” He paused, to take a short breath and started to move closer to shorten their distance. He leaned forward while she sat there frozen still looking into his eyes.

He knew it.. he just got to try and asked her..  

“Would you be my girlfriend?” He whispered at her right ear with his husky voice eliciting the same feeling she has been feeling before.

Unbeknownst to the fact that Mr Seo is standing at the corner of the street watching the scene. Frowning at the scene that seemed so intimate far from his liking. Seo Joohyun was his jewel after all.

***

Seohyun was typing the final page of her book installment called ‘Havoc’ which is no way related to romance because apparently she in writing that when her driver called for her attention.

“Miss.. your magazine that you asked for.. I left it on the table.” Seohyun pondered to herself for a while before decided to grab the magazine and looked at the cover page.

“The Propeller of its Generation.”

If you haven’t know him yet get your facts straight. He’s the owner of the rising YH Company who involves in numerous business fields. The epitome of a girl’s dream man and he obtained it all with his hard work. By the end of 2011 this young man made a shocking release of the decade…

She closed the magazine and put it back on the table. Looking out of the window.. observing people behavior. She pushed a button with a phone symbol on it.

“Sica unnie.. the cousin that you said is an outcast what’s his name?”

“Hyunnie.. Waeyoo..”

“Just answer me.”

“Jung Yong Hwa. Goes by the name Yong Hwa..”

“Isn’t him the owner of YH Company? Why isn’t it a known fact that he’s a Jung.”

“He hates to mention his family name. That’s how much hatred he has for us. Now, can you tell me the reason already.”

“I don’t know.”

“You are always sure Seohyun.”

“Nothing really.. I saw him and I found him really cocky and I don’t even know him yet. He came across as a jerk really but sometimes.. just sometimes he’s different than the typical chaebol who spend money. That explain if he’s a self made man. But he’s too ambitious to the point that it’s scary.”

“But you are ambitious too Hyunnie.. this is weird. What it is actually?”

“I hate him.”

Although Jessica aren’t the brightest person at school, she knew Seohyun barely uttered the word hate at any other person. Not barely, never. Her cousin must have done something to cause such an effect at Seohyun.

***

“Be your what?!”

“Girlfriend.”

“Gi…girl.friend?” She stuttered.

“Yes.”

“But we barely know each other.”

“That is where the fun part starts.” He took a deep breath. “Let’s date but in a professional way.. befitting of our status. I will treat you as my girlfriend and you can treat me however you want but let just announced that we are dating.” He nodded feeling proud of his plan.

“Heh, what’s with the men lately thinking that I could easily accept such a ridiculous offer. This is more ridiculous than the one before.”

“Before? Jung Ill Woo?” Seohyun raised her eyebrows, analyzing his question which is really suspicious to her.

“Why? Do you dislike him? Too bad I actually like him though.” She scoffed at Yonghwa.

“You reject him.. that makes you all the more interesting to me and I will make sure you’ll be mine.”

“You don’t really think I will accept this don’t you?”

“Think about it. I know you are really a wise girl, because it will benefit you too in business terms. Not just you, your family.” He leaned closer while she leaned away.

“I don’t participate in any of my family activities.”

“You do. Just not directly..” Yonghwa corrected her sentence. “Have you ever look around yourself when you’re in a party where everyone knows who you are, what’s your status is. The way their eyes look at you. The way they smile at you then you notice that you are really lonely even with all the people around you. Have you?” He looked at her smiling, while she frowned.

She didn’t.. she never looked around her because she knows exactly what will she find. Why look at things that hurt her, why bother? But this guy did. He observed. She was supposed to do that too. She’s a writer, she was supposed to be observant more so than he. But she chose not to when the matter is involving her. She just noticed that, and this guy made her realize that.

How ignorant must she be to think that she knows everything.. to turn her eyes on something that involves her. It bothers her how he knew what is wrong with her.

“Why do you want to see it? Do you like getting hurt that much?” She returned his smile back as if challenging him. He was taken aback by her words. How does she know? Is the question that keeps bugging him. He laughed loudly.. snickering at times. Still in a disbelief state.

“I just thought it would be fun.” He grinned. There was a melancholic feeling with the way they looked at each other. The unspoken words seemed like they were floating in the air.

“Ha..have you ever read my books?” She stuttered but regained her composure again breaking the smile they exchanged earlier.

“No, I don’t read.”

“That’s funny.” She sighed.

“I will approach you for your answer later.” He proceed with a bow as a sign of courtesy. “Thanks.. I have a great night and a very meaningful conversation. Something that I rarely feels lately.” He stepped out of the taxi.

“Don’t you think you are being too cocky?” Seohyun opened the window and screamed at the man who is entering the big office building.

“I am. That’s what appeals to girl like you.” He smirked before walking away again.

are wide opened now. How confusing could this be… she just got courted for three relationshipsg in one night not that she don’t ever get so much offer in a day but still. The first one, was an arranged date that would end up in a sacred bond like marriage, the second one a normal relationship but the involving guy is a money lover, the third one was a man who is so arrogant but sometimes so relatable.. the mysterious guy who the name that she knew is just Yong Hwa. His offer was platonic and so wrong but it feels so right to accept.

Now it’s just not him or the situation that is weird. She is even weirder than any of this things that is happening.

Something did caught her attention, instead of going home he went to an office building. Don’t he needs to go home or something. She looked at her wrist watch when she noticed that it’s 2.30 am.

She spent her hours at the taxi by staring out of the window. Blankly.

No words.. no thoughts.

***

Jessica walked out of the lifts with her red stilettos and red hot lipsticks with her Ray Ban shades on. She strutted her way to the office ignoring the assistant plea to not enter her boss office.

“Jung Yong Hwa.” Jessica said ignoring the three guys who is in the office including Yonghwa who is in the middle of discussions.

“I don’t know any Jung in here except for you.” He threw his eyes of daggers at Jessica.

“Stop being so spoilt.” Jessica snorted.

“If you may excuse us gentleman.” Yonghwa accompanied them to the door.

“So what’s your deal.. coming around here and strutted those little shoes of yours like you own this company. Grandpa didn’t give any cents to build this so don’t act like this is your company Jessica Jung.”

“Even if he didn’t, you still want to prove to him what’s your worth right. That’s what kept you going. So it makes no difference to me. Especially if it involves my dongsaeng.”

“Dongsaeng?” He frowned.

“Yes. Joohyun. Seo Joohyun. What did you do to her!?”

“Yes I forgot. You are close to her right?”

“Hell Yeah.”

Yonghwa chuckled at the horrifying response from his cousin.

“You remember you want to search a girl for me as my girlfriend… you still sticking by that thing?” Yonghwa asked amusingly.

“Yes..I stick by my words but this is not my main concern here. I’m talking about…”

“Wait Jessica let me finish.” Yonghwa interrupted Jessica, he knew she’s the type who get straight to the point. “This is really important.”

“Okayyy..” Jessica frowned.

“I want Seo Joo Hyun.”

“Huh?” Jessica jaw dropped to the floor.

“Make her mine.”

***

BGM : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDPn4d651zM

Seohyun descend down the stairs with the back of her white dress flowing with every step that she took. Everybody started to look at her. Some were mesmerized, some were gapping, some were judging. Usually she will just go down and wait for her hand to be taken by someone but this time she observed. The guests started to greet her, and as the daughter of the host. The trophy daughter, she smiled at them and make a few conversations just enough to keep them entertain. Be that about business or celebrities or even their recent achievements which they like to brag at. Every single conversation will end with how proper she is, how nice she is, how beautiful she is, how great it will be if she end up as their daughter. They will talk about their son. How a great son they have. And then their eyes would start to turn hungry like they were about to rip her apart. She shudders at the mere thought of it. She became dazed and unknowingly she searched the crowd when she noticed that cocky bastard. Staring right at her, eyeing her amusingly.  She knew why is she observing now, it’s because of him.

 “Have you ever look around yourself when you’re in a party where everyone knows who you are, what’s your status is. The way their eyes look at you. The way they smile at you then you notice that you are really lonely even with all the people around you. Have you?”

She never recalled inviting him, or her family inviting him. There were no particular Jung was invited except for Jessica, Jung Sajangnim, Jinwoon and Krystal. Jung Ill Woo was overseas. She bitted her lips anxiously.

“Would you like to dance with me?” One guy after another will try to make a move or flirt with her. It’s been a while since she’s in the centre of attention. She’s away for two years after all.

They started to become a predator while she’s the prey.

She forgot how her family was in the 2nd rank this year in terms of money and power in Korea.

“Would you like to dance with me?” This is the 9th guy for tonight. They really have the guts to keep asking her.

“No.” She smiled sweetly at him, not even looking at him.

“My oh my. What a tigress we have here.” He laughed, and the sound of the laugh is so familiar so she looked at him again.

It was… Jung Yong Hwa and Jessica.

“Unnie?” She frowned.

“Will you?” He offered his hand again. She was having a battle with herself. Her inner struggles. Whether to accept or not. She wanted to throw words of hatred at him for disturbing her once peaceful mind.

“Or do you rather dance with those men.”

He raised his eyebrows and directed his gaze at everyone who is looking at them. She looked at them and suddenly she started to shake. She was nervous. She forgot how judging their eyes can be. If she continued to be this cold, and unaccepting.. her family name would be tainted.  Jessica was nodding, so she eyed back at him.

She reluctantly placed her hands on him.. and he grabbed it gently like a gentleman he was...portraying in the public eyes.

 

Author's Note

How's this chapter? Is this too dark for your liking? lol